Uncanny X-men #475 Preview

Speedball

Don't. Blink.
Reaction score
Uncanny X-Men #475 Preview
Read the first five pages of Brubaker's run.
by Press Release - Marvel

June 8, 2006 -
Uncanny X-Men #475
32 full color pages
Written by: Ed Brubaker
Art by: Billy Tan
Release Date: July 5, 2006
Price: $2.99

Ed Brubaker and Billy Tan are poised to take the X-Men to dazzling new heights as they take over Uncanny X-Men with issue #475. In fact, they're taking the X-Men so high, they're launching them into outer space.

Beginning in Uncanny X-Men #475, a new team led by Professor X take off to the other end of the universe to stop a revenge-hungry Vulcan. It's up to the team comprised of Nightcrawler, Marvel Girl, Warpath, Havok, Polaris, and a surprise member to save the Shi'ar empire from his wrath.

Spinning out of the pages of X-Men: Deadly Genesis comes "The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire," a year-long story of revenge and redemption starting in Uncanny X-Men #475.

Believe the hype: Ed Brubaker is at the top of his game and Billy Tan has taken his to an all-new level, knocking it out of the park. Uncanny X-Men #475 is the start of a new direction for a new team of X-Men. You know you can't afford to miss X-history in the making.

Listen to an Ed Brubaker podcast on Uncanny X-Men.

- Marvel
uncanny-x-men-20060608021457145.jpg

uncanny-x-men-20060608021507974.jpg

uncanny-x-men-20060608021507677.jpg

uncanny-x-men-20060608021506739.jpg

uncanny-x-men-20060608021507364.jpg

uncanny-x-men-20060608021507052.jpg

Hold on a sec....
PROF. X CAN WALK!!!

That's a kickass preview. Though in one panel Xavier's got a short arm.

I'm looking forward to this.

And yes. Xavier can walk. After House of M ended, Xavier lost his psychic powers, but he gained the ability to walk. Now he's truly crippled.

Thx I was wondering what issue the new team takes over Uncanny.

Two things:

Have we figured out who the new 'surprise' member is yet?

And, Kurt is reading Charles Darwin. Both ironic AND a possible hint regarding the other question.

It's definitely Darwin, bored. There's no other possibility.

OOOOOHHH That looks good. I knew Ed wouldn't let me down.

Why not? Scarlet Witch re-wrote reality, with Strange effing with her re-writing. It's not a stretch to say that one of them caused Prof to be able to walk again, directly or indirectly.

Kotagg said:
Why not? Scarlet Witch re-wrote reality, with Strange effing with her re-writing. It's not a stretch to say that one of them caused Prof to be able to walk again, directly or indirectly.
I just want to know why is he walking now I don't read x-men so did SW do this or what.

Not bad. Billy Tan's art is much better than I thought it would be. I'm kind of confused about Nightcrawler's reading material, but whatever, I'm not gonna read the comic.

They haven't explained as of yet why he walks deathshead, so that's the best explanation I can give you. :D

And why are you confused about Nightcrawler's reading material? Because he's religious? The only religious people I respect at all are those that can tell me they've read some of the material that is antithetical to what they believe. Beliefs shouldn't be decided upon in a vacuum, and unfortunately for more than 80% of all religious people, they are.

Kotagg said:
And why are you confused about Nightcrawler's reading material? Because he's religious? The only religious people I respect at all are those that can tell me they've read some of the material that is antithetical to what they believe. Beliefs shouldn't be decided upon in a vacuum, and unfortunately for more than 80% of all religious people, they are.
Yeah, I meant I'm confused about where Brubaker's gonna go with it. He's clearly showing him reading that particular book for a specific reason. Up 'til now, most people have chosen to focus primarily on the Catholic side of Nightcrawler--crosses, praying, even wearing the priest collar for a while. Brubaker looks like he'll be trying to inject some more depth into Nightcrawler. Unless Nightcrawler's not a major cast member on the Uncanny team, in which case it might've just been a nice one-off for fans to see that Kurt's not all-Catholicism, all the time.

Kotagg said:
They haven't explained as of yet why he walks deathshead, so that's the best explanation I can give you. :D

Nightcrawler is far from 100% Catholic everywhere, all the time. For one he dated Amanda Shefton, a mystic and during said time after witnessing all that he had (Brood, Phoenix, The Watcher and Sh'iar, Mutation, and ressuarection) he became very suspect of his own beliefs and had a crisis of faith. Nightcrawler most certainly draws strength from his catholicism and probably still believe whole heartedly in "a God". However it is very likely and very probable that he rejects most of the direct claims made by his religion and certainly believes it has its shortcomings and misunderstandings. In other words he is a very liberal Catholic. Believes in God and Salvation, but not in the literal aspects of it. Although Nightcrawler HAS been to Hell, so perhaps he has good reason to.

He did have a little faith freak out after seeing the beyonder when he got back from the secret wars, but I like that he's not one of those religious nut jobs who can't accept anything outsidew of thier little box. Of course with what he's seen it would be really hard for him to be :D

ShadowBoxing said:
Nightcrawler is far from 100% Catholic everywhere, all the time. For one he dated Amanda Shefton, a mystic and during said time after witnessing all that he had (Brood, Phoenix, The Watcher and Sh'iar, Mutation, and ressuarection) he became very suspect of his own beliefs and had a crisis of faith. Nightcrawler most certainly draws strength from his catholicism and probably still believe whole heartedly in "a God". However it is very likely and very probable that he rejects most of the direct claims made by his religion and certainly believes it has its shortcomings and misunderstandings. In other words he is a very liberal Catholic. Believes in God and Salvation, but not in the literal aspects of it. Although Nightcrawler HAS been to Hell, so perhaps he has good reason to.
Well, whatever he still believes in, he believes in it very, very strongly. Enough that he was willing to be annointed a priest. I always thought he should have gotten appointed by the actual church after he found out his priesthood was a sham, too.

I giggled when I saw the cover, what with Professor X in a spacesuit and all.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Well, whatever he still believes in, he believes in it very, very strongly. Enough that he was willing to be annointed a priest. I always thought he should have gotten appointed by the actual church after he found out his priesthood was a sham, too.

The ironic thing is that he started as a swashbucler type. And I think that he's only second to Wolverine when it comes to getting with the ladies. I'd like a return to the fun-loving Kurt.

The preview looks awesome. I hate how they took Deathbird back to her original look; talk about 'ew'! And what's the deal with Lorna? Isn't she 'miss illnesses' now? What's she doing, throwing a phlegm line to swing from building to building? (I know, I know; it's probably a by product of the Apocalypse thing that gave her her powers back.:rolleyes: )

Tropico said:
The ironic thing is that he started as a swashbucler type. And I think that he's only second to Wolverine when it comes to getting with the ladies. I'd like a return to the fun-loving Kurt.

The preview looks awesome. I hate how they took Deathbird back to her original look; talk about 'ew'! And what's the deal with Lorna? Isn't she 'miss illnesses' now? What's she doing, throwing a phlegm line to swing from building to building? (I know, I know; it's probably a by product of the Apocalypse thing that gave her her powers back.:rolleyes: )
Second to Wolverine:confused: . You mean second to the short ugly man who chases after unavailable woman after unavailable woman and gets almost nowhere. Scott is the one who gets giggly with all the ladies.

Heck Wolverine even said he has "barely had sexual relations in years" (During Enemy of the State--when comparing himself to DareDevil) and told Scott (Weapons Plus) he was jealous of him.

I always found it incredibly ironic just how pathetic Wolverine really is. He talks about how women (in this case we'll use Jean) love him so much and how he understands them in ways [their boyfriends don't] but then that Woman goes onto marry, sleep with, (have alternate dimension) kids with, take care of said children in a pocket dimension on their honeymoon and fix the universe for them (in Here Comes Tomorrow)...he is kinda like the creepy crush in denial...poor Wolvie, the only tail he attracts is 12 year olds.

Tropico said:
I don't think they have to be mutually exclusive. How cool would it be if Kurt were the first adventurous priest? He could do for the church what Indiana Jones did for archaeology. As it stands, the only action heroes of Christianity are the Teutonic knights who raped, pillaged, and slaughtered their way through the holy land.

the art makes me wanna buy this.

COMICBOY said:
the art makes me wanna buy this.
Same, I like the art a lot, should work well for whatever cosmic slugfest Brubaker has in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"