Days of Future Past X-Men Filmverse: A Timeline.

I'm cool with all of this, and all for a prequel with just the four of them (Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Storm) but where does it ever say Jean is 11 when she's recruited? She's played by a 14 year old actor in the scene (that's the only indication of age we get) and mutation occurs at puberty, so for her to be that powerful at 11 would make her one early bloomer.

-R

The novelisation has Jean's powers emerging when her friend Annie dies in a car crash. Both girls are then stated to be aged 10.

It says it was some years after that when Jean met Xavier/Magneto and that she had the first curves of womanhood, so 13/14 is more reasonable.

The X3 novelization was way better than the movie itself. The epilogue was the best .. Moira approaches Magneto (where he's playing chess alone) and offers to help him, it hints at the "work" Erik, Charles and Moira has done together in the past which we will see in First Class. Rogue doesn't take the cure, Logan trains Cannonball, Moonstar, Gambit and Sage in the danger room and the novel ends when the session begins. Cool stuff.

1985: The end of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Actually if the stuff at Three Mile Island is supposed to be the incident, then the end would be taking place in 1979. But that movie did a terrible job with the whole time frame of the film.

Yeah historically, in real life, it makes no sense.

However, there was nothing said that it was "the incident" even though, let's be honest, it is.

In X-Men: First Class, we're assuming the Cuban Missile Crisis is referred to by name...so we can take that date (1962) as concrete.

For the sake of the timeline ("It's been nearly 15 years hasn't it? Living from day to day, moving from place to place? No knowing who or what you are?) And then there are the dates of the Vietnam War, etc...so we have to work under the assumption that this was a separate incident...

But as you said, they messed the historical time-line up a lot.

-R

For the sake of the timeline ("It's been nearly 15 years hasn't it? Living from day to day, moving from place to place? No knowing who or what you are?) And then there are the dates of the Vietnam War, etc...so we have to work under the assumption that this was a separate incident...

But as you said, they messed the historical time-line up a lot.

-R

Yeah, it really is a mess. Because you don't really know how long Logan and Creed have been on Stryker's team, the movie makes it seem like it's the first mission and then there's the 6 years later time jump when Logan leaves the team. It's all terribly handled.

Actually if the stuff at Three Mile Island is supposed to be the incident, then the end would be taking place in 1979. But that movie did a terrible job with the whole time frame of the film.

Well, no.

It's obvious that the Three Mile Island incident of 1979 had already occurred when Gambit flew Wolverine there. And a whole cooling tower didn't collapse when that incident took place.

Gambit comments that no one would want to go there because of the radiation fears, so Stryker is able to operate there without being discovered. Clearly it's several years later.

If you want to Include all of the X-Men trilogy,Wolverine,and First Class
then this Is how you should do It Ignore the noveliations.First Class novel Is better than movie since Chris Claremont wrote It.

1845-Wolverine's Origins
1860's-Wolverine In Civil war
1910's-Wolverine In World World 1
1944-Magneto In Camp,Wolverine and Sabretooth on D-Day
post World War II 1940's-Xavier and Mystique as kids(First Class)
1962-The Main event of First Class
Early 1970's-Wolverine and Sabretooth In Vietnam and being recruited by
Stryker
Late 1970's-The Team X Mission
Early 1980's-Xavier finds jean
mid 1980's-The main Events of X-Men Origins:Wolverine
Late 1980's-The Events of the Wolverine
early 1990's-Young Angel caught cutting off wings
early 2000's-the events of X-Men,X2,X-Men the Last Stand main events

Of course after First Class It will be harder to view wolverine and Last Stand
with the other films.

If you cut out Xavier's cameo at the end of Origins, it could work. That, and having Scott and White Queen in it really screwed up.

If you cut out Xavier's cameo at the end of Origins, it could work. That, and having Scott and White Queen in it really screwed up.

They didn't 'screw up' with Emma and Scott in Origins. At that time, most/all of those freed mutants were going to be in the Josh Schwartz version of X-Men: First Class. What happened is that First Class changed entirely when Singer came back on board.

Remember having Rose Bryne as Moira mactaggert In X-Men First Class makes It hard
for Olivia Williams to be Moira In Last Stand.And If Xavier Is crippled In First Class and
he and Magneto go their own ways It makes the fining Jean at begining of last Stand
not being able to work as well as Xavier walking at end of Wolverine.

First Class is really going to screw with continuity. The plot is taking place 20 years too soon for the sake of a 60's setting. I hope it's worth it, but losing X3 and Wolverine is hardly a price.

They didn't need to show Stewart's face. It would have been just as effective with the voice over and back of the head.

I don't agree with the Scott inclusion, while really unnecessary, it doesn't take away from anything. While they were clearly going for a White Queen with the character, she's never refereed to by name and is credited as Kayla's Sister/Emma. Like Victor Creed/Sabretooth you could say they are separate characters. Or maybe they are just going to be ignoring what happened in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I'm cool with all of this, and all for a prequel with just the four of them (Cyclops, Jean, Beast and Storm) but where does it ever say Jean is 11 when she's recruited? She's played by a 14 year old actor in the scene (that's the only indication of age we get) and mutation occurs at puberty, so for her to be that powerful at 11 would make her one early bloomer.

-R

Dont care about actress'age :doh: Tim Pocock was 23 during Wolverine's making, his character wasnt
Young Scott was recruited 15 years ago the trilogy, Jean 20years ago

-R

In comics, Xavier met Jean as a child, but will recruit her in x-team later as a teen just after Scott, Bobby, Warren and Hank.
As in movies Xavier and Erik met her during her childhood.
So yes the 1st mutation manifestion occured when she was about 10.
http://www.marvel-world.com/encyclopedie-448-fiche-grey-jean.html

Last edited:
If you want to Include all of the X-Men trilogy,Wolverine,and First Class
then this Is how you should do It Ignore the noveliations.First Class novel Is better than movie since Chris Claremont wrote It.

1845-Wolverine's Origins
1860's-Wolverine In Civil war
1910's-Wolverine In World World 1
1944-Magneto In Camp,Wolverine and Sabretooth on D-Day
post World War II 1940's-Xavier and Mystique as kids(First Class)
1962-The Main event of First Class
Early 1970's-Wolverine and Sabretooth In Vietnam and being recruited by
Stryker
Late 1970's-The Team X Mission
Early 1980's-Xavier finds jean
mid 1980's-The main Events of X-Men Origins:Wolverine
Late 1980's-The Events of the Wolverine
early 1990's-Young Angel caught cutting off wings
early 2000's-the events of X-Men,X2,X-Men the Last Stand main events

Of course after First Class It will be harder to view wolverine and Last Stand
with the other films.

I kinda like this...especially with XO:W...I didn't like how time wasn't explained, there probably was a good amount of time(years etc) between the events it just wasn't elaborated on..., but they way it was handled you would think everything may have happened or days...

...I still think X-Men Origins: Wolverine should for the majority be counted in continuity...just certain portions could be excised (Emma and Charles to not contradict First Class) I don't mind looking the other way on that one......while The Wolverine could be considered as one of Logan's "memories"...I guess...

Last edited:
Well, I'm certain X-Men 3 takes place 2005, since the Twenty Years Ago/Ten Years Ago of the film seem to match up with the 1985/1995 of Chris Claremont's novelization. I'm not sure where the first two are on the timeline, though. X-Men and X2 seem to be set just months apart from one another. X-Men 3 seems to be just as well maybe just mere months after. I'm assuming X1 and X2 are either earlier in 2005 or perhaps 2004.

As for XMO:W, I always figured it's set around 1986. I used that since in the novelization and earlier drafts of X1 had Cyclops' powers manifest in that timeframe. While it wasn't under different circumstances that they manifested, I thought it was as good a year as any as far as setting it on a timeline.

You may also want to put on this timeline that Rogue was supposed to be 17 in X-Men.

Remember having Rose Bryne as Moira mactaggert In X-Men First Class makes It hard
for Olivia Williams to be Moira In Last Stand.And If Xavier Is crippled In First Class and
he and Magneto go their own ways It makes the fining Jean at begining of last Stand
not being able to work as well as Xavier walking at end of Wolverine.

This is X-men movie. Anything could happen.

- Olivia Williams could've been in her early 60's in X-men the last stand. Perhaps exposure to some kind of mutant radiation makes her look younger, or simply plastic surgery.

- Perhaps the scene with Erik and Charles recruiting Jean was projected into her head, instead of reality ?

- Charles standing up in front of Emma, Kayla's sister could've been a projection to her and voice only to him, since he was blindfold.

- Emma, Kayla's sister could have had the diamond ability put into her.

We could go on and on with questions but this is X-universe so anything happens !

2013 (I wish)
Psylocke and Gambit joins the X-Men :))
Banshee returns to the X-Men

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"