Days of Future Past X-men First Class Sequels?

Hey does anyone know what characters, good and bad, would be considered Magneto's EQUAL? Thanks

Hey does anyone know what characters, good and bad, would be considered Magneto's EQUAL? Thanks

Equal in what sense? And for what purpose?

He's defeated the entire team of X-Men in the past, single-handedly, several times.

What exactly do you need to know and why?

Equal in what sense? And for what purpose?

He's defeated the entire team of X-Men in the past, single-handedly, several times.

What exactly do you need to know and why?

I'm just curious cause Matthew Vaughn said that he would only bring in one new character and that it would be someone that could go toe to toe with Magneto and basically be his equal. I didn't realize I was on trial here LOL.

I'm just curious cause Matthew Vaughn said that he would only bring in one new character and that it would be someone that could go toe to toe with Magneto and basically be his equal. I didn't realize I was on trial here LOL.

Im drawing a blank but I dont think any of the X Men characters can really stand toe to toe with him without getting their ass kicked.
Phoenix can and Prof X could, given circumstances. Storm has ****ed him up in the past. His daughters maybe??? Wanda at least.

Mags destroys everyone for the most part. Even villain wise I cant think of anyone from strictly X Men comics who Vaughn could be talking about.

I always thought Magnetos rival/equal was Prof X more or less.

Last edited:
Polaris could be an equal in some sense. It would fit the go toe to toe thing just because they have similar powers even though he is the absolute master of his art. Otherwise Rogue if she touched the right people. If we're talking X-Men only I'm not sure who else he could be talking about. Prof & Phoenix obviously have the powers but neither would make sense in this context.

Im drawing a blank but I dont think any of the X Men characters can really stand toe to toe with him without getting their ass kicked.
Phoenix can and Prof X could, given circumstances. Storm has ****ed him up in the past. His daughters maybe??? Wanda at least.

Mags destroys everyone for the most part. Even villain wise I cant think of anyone from strictly X Men comics who Vaughn could be talking about.

I always thought Magnetos rival/equal was Prof X more or less.

Kitty Pryde can take him quite easily if she phases a stick into his head and turns it solid.

Ah, okay, I didn't know if it was for a fan-fiction story or for an online game or videogame or something, or just to solve an argument you were having with friends.

Magneto is very powerful, even without his helmet he has resisted psychic attack by Xavier through pure willpower. He has turned Storm's powers against her, he has defeated Phoenix and in one story he even killed Phoenix. He also defeated Apocalypse.

Obviously, his powers and vulnerabilities would be toned down for the movies to make him less omnipotent.

The filmmakers need to establish his limits. Can he create magnetic force fields around himself to deflect attacks by any weapon or object? Can he absorb the energy of Storm's lightning (like Iron Man did with Thor in the Avengers movie)? Is he still vulnerable to telepathic attack without the helmet?

Off the top of my head, Juggernaut could withstand a bashing from any large metal objects Magneto hurled at him and probably get near enough to take him down. A speedster like Quicksilver could get near enough to inflict high-speed body blows and pull off the helmet, then he'd be vulnerable (the movie Magneto, anyway) to psionic attack by someone like Xavier, Psylocke or Jean Grey. Scarlet Witch could warp probabilities to cancel things he was doing with his powers, and Polaris could probably counteract his magnetic powers with an equal and opposite magnetic field. A telekinetic - whose mind-over-matter control isn't limited to metal - could pose a challenge too if they were powerful enough to seize control of whatever he was magnetically moving/throwing.

He could easily beat any mutants whose bodies contain metal (Wolverine, Colossus) and has found strategies to take out Beast, Banshee, Storm, Nightcrawler and Phoenix. I can explain each of those if you want, I still have the comics here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"