Days of Future Past X-men First Class Sequels?

Is Beast, Mystique, Banshee and Havok that much of a disappointment though?

If we are comparing to the og line up of Iceman, Beast, Jean Grey, Cyc and Angel? Then yeah it is. Look at the poll, if fans are saying that then alot of movie goers (not ALL) are more then likely going to say the same since those are the characters they know the most from the previous films, cartoons, video games. Its definitely a popualrity thing but also has to do with character. The original 5 are arguably in everyones top 10 X men. As cool as Havok and Banshee are, those characters are 2nd string compared to the original 5. Its an odd team that still doesnt make sense to me. Its cool we get to see them, they are great characters from the comcis. Non of them were done horrible but I think you could throw in any X Men in their place an it wouldnt make a difference. They are not there for their character, but are there for their powers and the fact they havnt ben used. Overall they were cool but thats kinda lame imo. Ultimately its not about them...at all. The Prof X an Mags character stuff is arguably the best in the franchise. I also thought Mccoy pre Beast stuff was great.

Last edited:
The problem Is some on boards are wanting to flood film with characters.Which previously lead us to the Last Stand.

People also need to remember The X-Men became the top comic book after Storm,wolverine,Colossus,and Nightcrawler were Introduced.More would rather have
Rogue and Gambit due to populary of 1990's TV Show.

There should be no more than 2 new X-Men.People's obsession here with reboots and through In tons of characters forget the fact there are already a good amount of characters that will be coming back.

I was not disappointed with the line-up. I knew Angel and Iceman weren't gonna be in it since Iceman would be too young and Angel only showed up in X3. I was happy that I was finally going to see Havok and Banshee.

Why are there two threads for the same?

and whoever said that Wolverine is done on film n Jackman knows that I don't see how u can say that when he's getting ready to film the new Wolverine movie also I do think if Wolverine ends up in a FC sequel he will be played by Jackman.

Lastly Jane Goldman already said X;FC is set in its own universe so technically it isn't a prequel to the original series.

People also need to remember The X-Men became the top comic book after Storm,wolverine,Colossus,and Nightcrawler were Introduced.More would rather have Rogue and Gambit due to populary of 1990's TV Show.

Which is why X1 didnt have people complain about the og line up all the time. X1 had a strong/popular X men line up.

Very true about Rogue and Gambit, I hear that alot from many people who dont know anything about comics. They love flying Rogue and Gambit.

The Essential X Men is Cyclops, the fact we probably wont see him be team leader in another X Movie till 2025 bothers me a bit. Im just stoked FC didnt suck and Fox got their **** together.

Lastly Jane Goldman already said X;FC is set in its own universe so technically it isn't a prequel to the original series.

I thought I heard something like that too, as well as Vaughn saying its more its own thing. But Ive definitely heard them calling it a prequel as well form others involved.

Last edited:
Continuity is already ruined so they should just do whatever they want to make the best possible film and then start an all guns blaxing X-Men with all the best characters after this trilogy. At least we are getting a great young Charles and a definitive Mags. I don't mind if they use lower profile characters for these films as long as that can be appealing enough to the general audience to guarantee films keep getting made.

I thought I heard something like that too, as well as Vaughn saying its more its own thing. But Ive definitely heard them calling it a prequel as well form others involved.

Yeah I've heard that too to be fair, maybe we should be calling it a preboot :d

Yeah I've heard that too to be fair, maybe we should be calling it a preboot :d

Yup, thats what I consider it. They had the options to do either if they wanted to call it one or the another.

Last edited:
It's easier to watch if you don't think of it as a prequel. I'm sure it's Fox that wants us to think it's a prequel, connecting it to movies people already like; while Vaughn would rather you see it as its (his) own thing.

Cyclops was very clearly the team leader in X-MEN and X2. In X3 he had a reason not to be. The idea that we've never seen Cyclops as team leader is absurd.

There's no reason FIRST CLASS can't be both a prequel and somewhat its own thing.

I doubt Fox would continue with sequels of original trilogy.
X-men origins Wolverine is its own movie. The wolverine is also its own movie.

XFC will have a sequel which is a continuity of its story. There may be similarities but i won't think about it much. They could reintroduce Cyclops, Jean and Storm when they finish telling stories of the current ones. I hope it won't be until a couple of movies later.

Nona Gaye is 38 years old. A bit advanced in years for the young Storm, I think.

Yeah hard to tell sometimes on black women their age (black don't crack :oldrazz:)

What about Shannon Kane she's 24 that's about young as your going to find.

Shannon+Kane+Premiere+Frankie+Alice+Arrivals+2C3E9N-6dxtl.jpg

she looks good, but.... what about casting a 17 years old Storm?

to be younger than Havok, Banshee and Beast.

A preboot seems like the right way to interpret it. Same toned X-men in another universe. Does that mean it would be more likely to see Angel 1 and Iceman along with the rest of the original team though?

Also after rewatching it again I must say the only complaint I have with the movie is JJ's portrayal of Emma. She's very flat and I hope they recast her. Someone suggested Charlize Theron. I agree wholeheartedly.

A preboot seems like the right way to interpret it. Same toned X-men in another universe. Does that mean it would be more likely to see Angel 1 and Iceman along with the rest of the original team though?

Also after rewatching it again I must say the only complaint I have with the movie is JJ's portrayal of Emma. She's very flat and I hope they recast her. Someone suggested Charlize Theron. I agree wholeheartedly.

I wouldn't recast the role, I hate when they do that. I personally didn't mind her at all but I'm not that aware of Emma Frosts character in the comics. I do think she was abit wooden but not awful.

Well shes hot, got that down at least haha. She needs to add a bit more class, intelligence,confidence and full on ***** to get the character down more. Cant really blame that on her, think its more the writing and she doesnt have too much to do. The russian bedroom scene was her best part.

Yeah, she's got some of the ingredients for the part but needs that extra 40% to really nail the role.

she looks good, but.... what about casting a 17 years old Storm?

to be younger than Havok, Banshee and Beast.

I really don't want to watch Marvel mutant diaries. I like seeing grown people in movies. Teenagers swaggering around like they know spit is really annoying to watch for most grown people.

I wouldn't recast the role, I hate when they do that. I personally didn't mind her at all but I'm not that aware of Emma Frosts character in the comics. I do think she was abit wooden but not awful.

Issue I have is that Cyclops is the heart of the X-Man and if Emma is to ever be involved with Scott then the ages need to be rectified. The scattering of X-men through 50 years is not going to work.

I really don't want to watch Marvel mutant diaries. I like seeing grown people in movies. Teenagers swaggering around like they know spit is really annoying to watch for most grown people.

Then when it comes to superhero movies I think you picked the wrong horse to bet on. All of the old X-Movies had teenagers in pivotal roles. Heck, so did FC! Raven and Beast are both teenagers (she's about 17-18, she ages half as slow as normal people). Introducing Storm as a teenager (or any other mutant teen for that matter) won't detract from the story. After all, this is pretty much a Charles and Erik-focused trilogy, as far as I can see. Especially with Fassbender being the hottest person in Hollywood right now, I really don't think he's going to get sidelined any time soon.

Also I'd give up your Scott/Emma dreams. Though we can't count on FC2 for any old-movie nods, we can hope that it maintains its own continuity. They showed Scott in Cerebro, and I'm pretty sure he was no more than 12 or 13. These movies don't need to follow the comics, that's the beauty of them. If they keep the themes the same and the characters pretty on-target personality and power-wise, it doesn't really matter where the romances land. If they decide Azazel hooks up with Emma (lol), it shouldn't matter as long as it advances the plot and makes sense.

Last edited:

Then quit advocating that these films be more like the books and that they use the original first class. The original five were touted as the strangest teens of all, not the strangest adults of all. You are gutting the entire point of Xavier's school. :doh:

I doubt Fox would continue with sequels of original trilogy.

X-Men 4 for 2016 would be great, you know 10 years after X3. I think FOX will do a X-Men 4 movie if The Wolverine movie / X-Men: 2nd Class movie flopped. And they always wanted to do a couple of spin-off movies before continuing the original series.

Then quit advocating that these films be more like the books and that they use the original first class. The original five were touted as the strangest teens of all, not the strangest adults of all. You are gutting the entire point of Xavier's school. :doh:

I really only would use the original class for continuity sakes I mean why call it it X-men at all then? Just make some flashy superheroes and make it original. That would be like making a new Star Wars movie with Han Solo and Vader starting out in the academy together and Obi wan and Luke in Tatoine together. All hell would break loose because of the disjointed continuity. I suggested the original class because it made historical cannon sense. I hope that X-Men will become part of the Marvel Movie Universe like Hulk, Thor, Iron-Man and Cap. This cannot happen with the way X-Men are being handled at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"