Days of Future Past X-men First Class Sequels?

I really only would use the original class for continuity sakes I mean why call it it X-men at all then? Just make some flashy superheroes and make it original. That would be like making a new Star Wars movie with Han Solo and Vader starting out in the academy together and Obi wan and Luke in Tatoine together. All hell would break loose because of the disjointed continuity. I suggested the original class because it made historical cannon sense. I hope that X-Men will become part of the Marvel Movie Universe like Hulk, Thor, Iron-Man and Cap. This cannot happen with the way X-Men are being handled at the moment.

It can't happen at all. Fox owns X-Men, Marvel owns the others. Also there's no real need for them to interact...

And personally I would LOVE to see a movie where Han Solo and Vader started out in an academy together. That would be amazing! Think of all the interesting twists it would bring! Were they friends? Does Han know he's Luke's father? Is he reluctant to fight him or can he not wait cuz Anakin bullied him?

So many MORE stories can be told when you change things from the source material. Why do you think so many reviewers and viewers commented that XMFC felt "fresh"? There was no way of knowing what would happen beyond the basics: Charles and Erik were friends, Charles would get paralysed (and how he becomes so was a pretty interesting twist and impossibly better than in the comics), Hank would become blue and hairy, and Erik would be set on the path of evil. That's it. And really, that's all you needed when it comes to following the comics.

Then when it comes to superhero movies I think you picked the wrong horse to bet on. All of the old X-Movies had teenagers in pivotal roles.

Really?

X1

Prof X: Adult
Wolverine: Adult
Cyclops: Adult
Storm: Adult
Jean: Adult
Magneto: Adult
Toad: Adult
Sabertooth: adult
Mystique:adult
Rogue: adult (18 at time of shooting)

X2

Nightcrawler: Adult
Yuriku: adult
Rogue: adult
Iceman:Adult
Kitty: teenager

X3

Pyro: adult
Kitty: adult
Colossus:Adult
Juggernaut: Adult
Angel: adult

Where are all these teenagers in the X-Movies?

Heck, so did FC! Raven and Beast are both teenagers (she's about 17-18, she ages half as slow as normal people). Introducing Storm as a teenager (or any other mutant teen for that matter) won't detract from the story. After all, this is pretty much a Charles and Erik-focused trilogy, as far as I can see. Especially with Fassbender being the hottest person in Hollywood right now, I really don't think he's going to get sidelined any time soon.

Not with you on that tracking. Both were great actors but with out the actual X-Men they cannot carry the movie.

Also I'd give up your Scott/Emma dreams. Though we can't count on FC2 for any old-movie nods, we can hope that it maintains its own continuity. They showed Scott in Cerebro, and I'm pretty sure he was no more than 12 or 13. These movies don't need to follow the comics, that's the beauty of them. If they keep the themes the same and the characters pretty on-target personality and power-wise, it doesn't really matter where the romances land. If they decide Azazel hooks up with Emma (lol), it shouldn't matter as long as it advances the plot and makes sense.

Again that would be like saying let's remake Star Wars and let Han hook up with Twi'Liek dancer and Lea a 5 year old girl. Continuity is important if you want a storyline based on established characters. if you don't then they need to create a totally new hero movie.

Brawl..

Could you stop posting in bold font? It's attention seeking - almost like caps lock SHOUTING.

Really?

X1

X2

Pyro
Kitty
: teenager

X3

Highlighted for your convenience. :huh:

Issue I have is that Cyclops is the heart of the X-Man and if Emma is to ever be involved with Scott then the ages need to be rectified. The scattering of X-men through 50 years is not going to work.

I haven't read much X-Men how were they involved in the comics?

After this First Class trilogy I think they are going to back to modern day but start again with a new continuity with new characters. It's not like they're going to be overly keen to get Halle Berry & James Marsden back & Famke's obviously out. The new writer/director might want to do Rogue properly. I don't need any more Ian Mckellen after 3 films and to be frank, as great as he is (truly unbeatable as Gandalf) I prefer Fassbender's young Magneto. It also might be time for a new Wolverine (not because Jackman's past it, I just think it'd be interesting). None of the other characters have definitive actors in the roles that can't be replaced. The biggest loss will be Patrick Stewart.

I liked Fassbender, but that doesn't erase the fact that Ian as Magneto was a boss, him breaking away from prison in X-2 is still one of Magneto's best moments in the film series.

I liked Fassbender, but that doesn't erase the fact that Ian as Magneto was a boss, him breaking away from prison in X-2 is still one of Magneto's best moments in the film series.
Yeah he was & it doesn't erase anything but we need some new villains. I loved seeing Sebastian Shaw in FC but Mags will obviously have to play a huge part in the FC trilogy. After 6 X-films with him in a big role people are going to think X-Men doesn't have a great villain back catalogue. The next trilogy should deal with the likes of Sinister & Apocalypse and have no continuity limitations at all. Bigger budget & bigger hype while maintaining the qualities that made FC so good.

Brawl..

Could you stop posting in bold font? It's attention seeking - almost like caps lock SHOUTING.
Seconded.

Really?

X1

(etc etc)

All of the "kids" in XMFC were presumably 18 or older, if that's your definition of adult. Otherwise, eighTEEN is still TEEN.

Not with you on that tracking. Both were great actors but with out the actual X-Men they cannot carry the movie.
They ARE actual X-Men. And Beast is one in every continuity. Them being teenagers is irrelevant to whether or not they could carry the movie solo. They alone couldn't carry the movie as adults either.

Again that would be like saying let's remake Star Wars and let Han hook up with Twi'Liek dancer and Lea a 5 year old girl. Continuity is important if you want a storyline based on established characters. if you don't then they need to create a totally new hero movie.
I'm not sure what a Twi'Liek is but the Han/Leia relationship was hardly pivotal to the movies. Heck, in the first one she was set up to be Luke's love interest, if I recall (it's been like 15 years since I saw it). That's how irrelevant the romances were to the movies. The only one that mattered was Darth Vader and Natalie Portman because they needed children to be born from that pair. And the movie dedicated to their secret romance/marriage/whatever is widely regarded as the worst one of all six (not least of all because the two had no chemistry whatsoever).

There is no romantic relationship in X-Men that I can think of that is so mind-numbingly important that it can't be omitted or altered. The one we did get (love triangle between Scott/Jean/Logan) was utterly dull, forced and detracted from all the good things in X1 and X2. The X-Movies are simply not about romance, and I can't see them retconning what they've established already (Either Scott is 12ish in 1962 while Emma is 25 or so, or Scott is 30ish in 2000 while Emma is in her 60s). Their romance isn't relevant to anything important story-wise.

I dunno man, the Argentinian Bar Scene wins it for me. It still gives me chills and I've rewatched the scene about 5 dozen times!

Seconded.

All of the "kids" in XMFC were presumably 18 or older, if that's your definition of adult. Otherwise, eighTEEN is still TEEN.

They ARE actual X-Men. And Beast is one in every continuity. Them being teenagers is irrelevant to whether or not they could carry the movie solo. They alone couldn't carry the movie as adults either.

I'm not sure what a Twi'Liek is but the Han/Leia relationship was hardly pivotal to the movies. Heck, in the first one she was set up to be Luke's love interest, if I recall (it's been like 15 years since I saw it). That's how irrelevant the romances were to the movies. The only one that mattered was Darth Vader and Natalie Portman because they needed children to be born from that pair. And the movie dedicated to their secret romance/marriage/whatever is widely regarded as the worst one of all six (not least of all because the two had no chemistry whatsoever).

There is no romantic relationship in X-Men that I can think of that is so mind-numbingly important that it can't be omitted or altered. The one we did get (love triangle between Scott/Jean/Logan) was utterly dull, forced and detracted from all the good things in X1 and X2. The X-Movies are simply not about romance, and I can't see them retconning what they've established already (Either Scott is 12ish in 1962 while Emma is 25 or so, or Scott is 30ish in 2000 while Emma is in her 60s). Their romance isn't relevant to anything important story-wise.

I dunno man, the Argentinian Bar Scene wins it for me. It still gives me chills and I've rewatched the scene about 5 dozen times!

That scene in the bar is awesome, best seen of any X-Men film ever in my opinion 'I'm Frankensteins monster and I'm looking for my creator'

It is quite excellent. Love the music during it.

I haven't read much X-Men how were they involved in the comics?

Quite a bit actually, for about ten years Emma essentially took over the role of Jean when she died. Even being a X Men team leader. Emmas been a huge part of recent comics and the Marvel Universe and has been in a relationship with Cyc for quite some time. Shes works better as an X men with sketchy motives then a full on villain imo.

I have to disagree with you there.I like Emma better as Villain.But In particuly I never liked the Idea of her with Cyclops.

Emma as one of headmasters for generation X was one thing but becoming a X-Man leader Is just too much.This was all one of things that happened after Grant morrison
started writing X-Men that I never liked.

Regardless In films Emma will remain laregly the White Queen version with her recent second mutation.

I like Morissons run (I know not many do) and Joss Whedons on Emma. Always thought she was much more interesting when she walks the line of hero or villain. Even though she was team leader the rest of the X Men never knew if they could trust her and still have a problem with that to an extent, that to me made her more interesting. Even compared to Jean in some respects. I prefer her as an X Men. She shouldnt be a one sided villain character at all imo. She should have her own agenda between both sides. I thought the animated Wolverine and The X Men series nailed how she should be done. FC probably wont take her there but keeping her just as a henchman is a waited opportunity especially now that The Hellfire club is dead. That kind of drops the role of White Queen. Shes became quite a dominant character in the past decade in the Marvel Universe, Id like to see her do more in the films.

Last edited:
Quite a bit actually, for about ten years Emma essentially took over the role of Jean when she died. Even being a X Men team leader. Emmas been a huge part of recent comics and the Marvel Universe and has been in a relationship with Cyc for quite some time. Shes works better as an X men with sketchy motives then a full on villain imo.

Jean was always dieing in the books I believe in attempts to make her interesting. Emma, if you read the books all the way to where X-Men reside in San Francisco, makes for an amazing character of redemption and temptation. She also makes Cyclops a much better leader.

Jean was always dieing in the books I believe in attempts to make her interesting. Emma, if you read the books all the way to where X-Men reside in San Francisco, makes for an amazing character of redemption and temptation. She also makes Cyclops a much better leader.

I agree. All they did with Jean was deal the death and Phoenix card for awhile. Emma brought somehting new and has had better arcs in the modern comics X run, many X stories have def benefited from her being on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawl

Really?

X1

X2
Pyro
Kitty
: teenager

X3

Highlighted for your convenience. :huh:

None of those highlighted were teenagers except Anna Paquin who was 18 at time of X1. Rest of the actors were 20 or older at time of movie. My objection was to having actors under 18 trying to "twilight" the X-Men. The original X movies had all adults in the pivotal roles as has every other successful comic book adaptation has done.

XFC did have younger students and I am OK with that but to try and get a 15 year Storm and 12 year old Cyclops in the mix would water down the movie too much.

Why are you guys using the actors' actual ages? It is not new for Hollywood to cast actors 3-4 years older than their character counterpart. While Paquin was about 18 during the first movie, who's to say Rogue was 18? Maybe Rogue is meant to be 16 or younger.

Why are you guys using the actors' actual ages? It is not new for Hollywood to cast actors 3-4 years older than their character counterpart. While Paquin was about 18 during the first movie, who's to say Rogue was 18? Maybe Rogue is meant to be 16 or younger.

This started when I suggested the below actress for a new Storm but Angamb wanted a actress around 17 to play storm.

What about Shannon Kane she's 24 that's about young as your going to find.

Shannon+Kane+Premiere+Frankie+Alice+Arrivals+2C3E9N-6dxtl.jpg

she looks good, but.... what about casting a 17 years old Storm?

to be younger than Havok, Banshee and Beast.

None of those highlighted were teenagers except Anna Paquin who was 18 at time of X1. Rest of the actors were 20 or older at time of movie. My objection was to having actors under 18 trying to "twilight" the X-Men. The original X movies had all adults in the pivotal roles as has every other successful comic book adaptation has done.

XFC did have younger students and I am OK with that but to try and get a 15 year Storm and 12 year old Cyclops in the mix would water down the movie too much.

I would also like to see the young X-Men not being too young. I don't really want a 12-year-old Cyclops or a 15-year-old Storm either.

If we set aside the other films and see First Class as something separate - an alternate reality that is starting afresh, from the beginning (and keeping the elements that worked, like the Auschwitz intro), then we are not 'boxed in' by having to match up ages with how old they were in X1. It allows for older versions of Cyclops and Storm to be brought in.

The timeline is such a muddle if you try to match up all the films. It gives me a headache.

But if we think of First Class as separate, it's fine. So it's probably the best way to go about it and the filmmakers should make it clear that this is a new series.

Well no offense to your first actress mention, but she didn't have the look of a younger mutant. If Storm was an adult then sure, but she's clearly a little girl in the XMFC cameo.
Not sure how I'd feel about Kane as visually, that's not how I envision Storm looking; plus I would wanna go younger with her as I think age differences between the characters would be more interesting.

Well no offense to your first actress mention, but she didn't have the look of a younger mutant. If Storm was an adult then sure, but she's clearly a little girl in the XMFC cameo.
Not sure how I'd feel about Kane as visually, that's not how I envision Storm looking; plus I would wanna go younger with her as I think age differences between the characters would be more interesting.

But would it seem right for very young students to go on dangerous missions? It would seem irresponsible of Xavier to put children in danger.

That's not to say that they could only be in action sequences if on missions. There are other scenarios in which they might use their powers. But, still, they couldn't be X-Men if not yet adults.

Keep in mind, Xavier has a school and his X-Men team, Storm could potentially have the Rogue role of the first X-Men movie, while Havok, Banshee, and Beast have the Cyclops, Jean, Storm roles of X1.

Keep in mind, Xavier has a school and his X-Men team, Storm could potentially have the Rogue role of the first X-Men movie, while Havok, Banshee, and Beast have the Cyclops, Jean, Storm roles of X1.

Okay, that could work... as long as it didn't seem like a repeat of the script of X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"