Days of Future Past X-men First Class Sequels?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Lets say "X-men First Class" is fantastic and Fox don't interfere at all. Would you want to happen next?

I'd like to see a First Class sequel actually, I like that they are putting it in the 60's and having new characters but in the sequel maybe half of them could go and this time putting it around the 80's and replace them with the new members like Cyclops and Jean and more joining the team. But if they are doing a sequel with the same characters I wouldn't complain so it's fine either way.

It's going to tough to do X-4 with the most of the cast returning so I see that either they have a mix of new and old cast to go further with the story that ended with X-3 or reboot it with new cast members.

Let's do:

First Class 2
First Class 3 (end of the origins' trilogy)
Wolverine 2
Wolverine 3

Then make X4. Let's start a couple of years after X3, bring back Cyclops, an old Emma Frost and introduce Sentinels as villains.

Fox can continue spin-off with Deadpool's movies and, why not, a "Young X-Men".

All I want is for First Class to be good and for it to start a new trilogy.

I think you should have added two more options.

the "Im not sure yet" and "Move to X4"

Id like to see Xavier finding Scott, Jean and Ororo...

but at the same time, I cant wait to see X4 one day.

All I want is for First Class to be good and for it to start a new trilogy.

Yup.

If they do X4 then they won't use this cast to do another movie after X4. It would be way too confusing for the GA and it would be completely pointless.

It would be a waste of such a stellar cast.

I know....

but do you know how AMAZING would be to see X4 done by Singer??

Most of this cast won't be coming back for the sequel most fans would want to see so I don't know what some of you are talking about. The only guaranteed returners in a sequel are McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, and maybe Byrnes. If people want a sequel set 15 years later with Scott, Jean, and Ororo, the returning young students from this film would probably have to be recast because there is no way I can imagine Nick Hoult playing an 35+ year old Hank McCoy or Lucas Till pretending to be 15 years older then a Cyclops actor around the same age. Not to mention that the few actors that would return would probably have smaller roles. They would still have to cast new leading stars. Unless Cyclops, Ororo, and Jean are going to be minor side characters in the films they do appear in. Or they have them show up in the epilogue for First Class 3.

If this was still the original First Class where they cast a new Cyclops, Jean and Ororo to use for a trilogy of films I would get this mentality that they got the cast and they should keep it. But this prequel is very separate from the sequel most of us are assuming or wanting to come next. Unless everyone wants this trilogy to be set exclusively in the 60s without Jean, Scott, and Ororo they're still going to have to get a new cast for the next film.

As for the poll, I would like this to be the Metal Gear Solid 3 to an X4's Metal Gear Solid 4. A prequel that glimpses back on the past to reveal aspects of the story before moving onto a sequel. I can see certain elements being revealed in this story like Mystique being Nightcrawler's mom and Moira's relationship with Xavier being good set ups for X4.

Last edited:
I'd like to see at least one sequel. Something that would lead into Jean and Scott joining the team.

Depending on how X-Men: First Class performs it will be between:

X-Men 4

X-Men: Second Class

X-Factor

If First Class is good, I would like to see a sequel or sequels. I have no idea where they go after that, though.

I would love to see a sequel to X-Men:First Class that's set in the 80's with Cyclops and Jean joining the team.

Depending on how X-Men: First Class performs it will be between:

X-Men 4

X-Men: Second Class

X-Factor

I want X-Men 4 to happen but I think only if First Class does poorly. I want First Class to be a hit .. but if this happens, I think they will make a sequel to FC instead of X4 ..

I have no interest at all in X4 as they've screwed up that continuity so badly.

Scott is dead, Rogue & Mystique depowered,I dont ever want to see Halle play Storm again,etc. At this point Id prefer if they just continued making X-Men films with this new cast and completely ignored the established trilogy.

For a sequel Id like to see Scott and Jean join the team and some version of the Proteus story, which is exactly where I think theyll go next.

I'd also like to see Thunderbird, Sunfire,Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver make a appearance in a X-Men film.

Last edited:
This film smells like fail.

I request a reboot.

Request denied.

Since Bathammer seems to know what is going on, hopefully they are setting up a potential story for X4 with FC.. I can see the return of the HFC in X4 with a resurrected Jean Grey being the focus then have a real Dark Phoenix story .. I don't care what people say but that was not Dark Phoenix in X3 .. it was subtly hinted that the cure was not permanent, they should take this chance and have Rogue go through secondary mutation from the effects of the cure and get her super strength and possibly flight .. it would make for cool action sequences.

I would like very much like if Singer used his original concept for X3 and just use it for X4. Jean ascends to another level of existence and starts messing with the world until at the end she flies off into space. Maybe they could even use that as an excuse for why Scott could come back, and everyone could act like there is nothing wrong with him being there until they remember he's supposed to be dead and this is actually Jean messing with reality. The Cure could even be undone by Jean too, and maybe her goal would be to fix everything that "Dark" Phoenix did wrong. Meanwhile the Hellfire Club would try to manipulate her to put her under their control.

They already seem to be using the concept of having an Emma Frost around Xavier's age with FC (maybe even the idea of her being an old flame too) so maybe Singer could even fufill his original goal of having her showing up and being played by Sigourney Weaver. I think that would be a good way to make FC tie into X4.

a x4 would only work if it is years later in the future from x men 3 imo

Depending if its a smash hit (which it will be) I would like to see a sequel, primarily set in the 80s, with Scott, Jean, Ororo, & whoever else as a 5th student in the next.

the sequel should focus on Xavier/Beast/Moira continued working on the school & human/mutant relations

intro. the Danger Room

Scott, Ororo would already be there as Jean is the new recruit,sort of (Xavier had weekly sessions w/her, but Jean decided to stay on at the mansion when Xavier felt as if Jean no longer needed his help)

There can be a scene were Jean tells Scott about her childhood & Scott his thus starting the beginning of their relationship

in TLS it looked as if Storm & Beast were good friends, so maybe it could be a scene where Storm shares how she was treated as goddess w/Hank and how she faces prejudice in USA

from the spoilers I read it seems that some go w/Magneto, but I don't think the
Brotherhood should not have much focus since the 1st film is kind of "their" film, but I would like to see Mystique acting as liason for Magneto(who role is smaller) her role would be similar to X1 & X2 i.e spying on Xavier or government

if Havoc is "around" then I would like to see his relationship w/Scott played out

Also from what I read about the 1st film, I could see Xavier being reluctant to let his new team fight, but eventually he realizes that the world needs to see mutants in a better way and after the "events" he realizes he assemble a good team

for the villains I'm thinking more of the government, hm Project Wideawake, intro. Sen. Kelly, Bolivar Trask or Stephen Lang also an idea for TLS was to have a battle in Washington DC, so I would like to see the Brotherhood lead an attack in D.C. and tyring to assinate the Pres.

a scene that would kick ass if Xavier lets Jean true power show in order to save the world(just like in Ult. X-Men)

I'm not sure about Emma Frost, but I would like to see her do a 180 like in the comics, start of as a villain, and becomes good in a sequel(or maybe she's after Jean) her character cannot be a 1 time only!!!!

anyway just some ideas I had for a sequel if I come up with some ideas for a 3rd film I'll post em...

I want a reboot in that they should just ignore the other movies so we don't have to worry about timelines and what not. I don't want to see lead ups, I just want them to just do what would come natural if they didn't want to lead to X-men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"