X-Men Origins:Wolverine on DVD/BluRay

Beanjuice

Human beanjuice
Reaction score
Didnt see a thread for this and i know it might be a little early but, i figured why not? Here is where we can discuss news concerning the dvd and blu ray release for the movie. Any specials included with purchasing,and what we'd like to see as far as special features and extras

Didnt see a thread for this and i know it might be a little early but, i figured why not? Here is where we can discuss news concerning the dvd and blu ray release for the movie. Any specials included with purchasing,and what we'd like to see as far as special features and extras

wel, i dont think there's many deleted scenes, but i want an isolated score in 5.1 dolby digital surround.

I think there may be a few deleted scenes, maybe an alternate ending. I'd liketo see a full behind the scenes featurette:Casting, costume and makeup,set production,special effects. i'd like to see production and artwork galleries,maybe screen tests from the cast

There won't be many deleted scenes and Fox is known for not making their dvd's feature heavy. I will be passing on this.

Few deleted scenes, commentary with Jackman and Hood, trailers, behind the scenes footage and maybe a history of Wolverine.

I'm 100% buying this DVD. I dont have a BR player.. 8(
Looking forward to seeing the "other Ending(s)"..., as well as extended fight scenes - esp Gambit vs Wolverine, im sure some ppl have spotted gambit stuff in the tv spots/trailers that werent in the final cut

It would be great if they included the documenary on cinematographer, Don McAlpine, as that was shot behind-the-scenes on Wolverine.
We agreed that the core of the film would be Don shooting his 50th film, and we had to wait a couple of years for that to eventuate. When he took the job on Wolverine, my filming began.

The first sequences were shot in New Zealand in February 2008, and then on Cockatoo Island in Sydney in April. Watching Don at work up-close on the set of a big-budget Hollywood film was one of the most unexpectedly exciting and fascinating experiences of my life (which hasn't been lacking in the unexpected, exciting or fascinating).

Most people have no idea what a cinematographer actually does, except that they are responsible for "the look" of the film. But how do they achieve this, and what is their relationship with the director and the stars of the film? Show Me the Magic will reveal some of the secrets behind the mystical and magical work of a master cinematographer who has worked consistently in the industry for the past 35 years.

Don, Gavin and Hugh gave me extraordinary access, and I was able to capture the wonderful humour, camaraderie and genuine enjoyment of their work, and the magic secrets of how some of the more dramatic scenes were shot.
Show me the magic

Maybe not, though. The documenatry is heading for an end of year release so probably not a straight to DVD extra.

Last edited:
Wow that looks FANTASTIC! I would want a comparable DVD release though, im worried about it.

I was hoping for an Uncut Wolverine movie, guess that's doubtful. :csad:

I'll be getting the DVD, whenever it comes out.

Stan Lee!
and dude... the tubes stuck to his back in the Weapon X scene.. man its sick!

Well its safe to say my copy of the dvd has just been sold

i want it now... :csad:

Holy hell, so do I! :wow:

(and how psyched am I that I'm getting a blu-ray player for my birthday??)

I just hope that's the same version that gets released in the US. With X3 the UK version had much better extra features than the US version.

The thing that's been putting me off Blu-ray is that they don't seem to be region-free. I want one that will play all Blu-ray and DVD discs from all regions.

The X3 DVD (UK) had a lot of extras but it was a bit of a chore to sit through them. I think Gavin Hood will be a more interesting commentator that Brett Ratner. As he was new to a lot of it, he may be closer to us. I always enjoyed Bryan Singer's commentaries because he has that sense of wonder.

It would be great if they included the documenary on cinematographer, Don McAlpine, as that was shot behind-the-scenes on Wolverine.

Show me the magic

Maybe not, though. The documenatry is heading for an end of year release so probably not a straight to DVD extra.
Whichever way they plan to release that documentary i'm very interested in seeing it.
WOLVERINE hits UK stores on October 19th!

Check out the trailer/preview for the DVD and Blu-ray on Amazon UK:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mpd/permalink/m19UST2KYDR530:m1EZL5PSDD9VWA

[YT]0UNX7Zlfb0g[/YT]
Thanks ant!:up: I'm surprised they put that together so soon already.

It looks good though and i really hope thye put those features on the regular dvd too.:cmad:
The thing that's been putting me off Blu-ray is that they don't seem to be region-free. I want one that will play all Blu-ray and DVD discs from all regions.

The thing that's been putting me off Blu Ray is the cost.:hehe:

Oh and btw the dvd is coming out here on October 28.

Last edited:
I was going to wait a bit longer to switch the blu-ray, but I can't stand waiting anymore.

The X3 DVD in the US was a mess - some copies at 10 deleted scenes, others had 20. There was an extra disc with the Walmart version that was supposed to have extra features but it was just some random documentary about the comics that nothing to do with the film.

Even the week the DVD was released, FX was showing X2 with behind-the-scenes features to promote the X3 DVD - none of the stuff they showed was on the DVD they were promoting. :whatever:

I'm definitely looking forward to hear commentary from Gavin Hood - I was impressed with what I heard in interviews before the film was released.

Thanks ant!:up: I'm surprised they put that together so soon already.

I was in Sears a few days after the movie was released and they were showing the Wolverine trailer on all the TVs. At the end it said "Look for it now on DVD and blu-ray!" The movie had barely been out a week. :wow:

The thing that's been putting me off Blu Ray is the cost.:hehe:

Same here. I've been stashing away money for it for a few months now. I'd get a PS3 if it wasn't so expensive. :csad:

I was going to wait a bit longer to switch the blu-ray, but I can't stand waiting anymore.

The X3 DVD in the US was a mess - some copies at 10 deleted scenes, others had 20. There was an extra disc with the Walmart version that was supposed to have extra features but it was just some random documentary about the comics that nothing to do with the film.

Even the week the DVD was released, FX was showing X2 with behind-the-scenes features to promote the X3 DVD - none of the stuff they showed was on the DVD they were promoting. :whatever:
Yeah X3's dvd release was a real mess.Certainly hope there's no repeat of that this time around.:o

Yeah X3's dvd release was a real mess.Certainly hope there's no repeat of that this time around.:o

I hope not. My copy of the DVD had the 10 deleted scenes, but my dad got the one with the 20 deleted scenes, so we swapped them. He said he never watches the extra stuff anyway.

I hope they don't just leave all the extra features on the blu-ray. I bought Australia a few months ago and all it has is 2 deleted scenes. The blu-ray has a bunch of extra features. Disney does that too with their blu-rays, it's really annoying.

I was in Sears a few days after the movie was released and they were showing the Wolverine trailer on all the TVs. At the end it said "Look for it now on DVD and blu-ray!" The movie had barely been out a week. :wow:
Really?!:wow:
Same here. I've been stashing away money for it for a few months now. I'd get a PS3 if it wasn't so expensive. :csad:
It's not so much the cost of the player. There's also the expense of the new blu ray titles and then there's the added problem of not being able to play it on a computer or laptop.:o
I hope not. My copy of the DVD had the 10 deleted scenes, but my dad got the one with the 20 deleted scenes, so we swapped them. He said he never watches the extra stuff anyway.
Over here we got all the deleted scenes thankfully. I just felt bad for all the Americans who had to buy an inferior product. Everyone should really get the same thing.
I hope they don't just leave all the extra features on the blu-ray. I bought Australia a few months ago and all it has is 2 deleted scenes. The blu-ray has a bunch of extra features. Disney does that too with their blu-rays, it's really annoying.
Agreed.

I think most Blu-ray players will "upscale" ordinary DVDs though I don't know how much of an improvement that is. The price has dropped to about the price I paid for my first DVD player.

I'll be first in line to buy both the regular and Blu-Ray versions. I really want a commentary with Jackman and Hood.

Really?!:wow:

It's not so much the cost of the player. There's also the expense of the new blu ray titles and then there's the added problem of not being able to play it on a computer or laptop.:o

Over here we got all the deleted scenes thankfully. I just felt bad for all the Americans who had to buy an inferior product. Everyone should really get the same thing.

Agreed.
Many computers and laptops have bluray players built into them nowadays. My laptop has a bluray player and it was only $800.

I'll be first in line to buy both the regular and Blu-Ray versions. I really want a commentary with Jackman and Hood.
Why would you buy the same movie twice:huh: That will be like $50 for the same movie....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"