X-Men - Part 8

I just read Cross Time Capers 1 & 2 and I thought it was unoriginal. It just reminded me Lost's time travel episodes which were great. And here I knew exactly was gonna happen. I really hope the 05 would be gone soon. While Blood storm/Jimmy feel pointless/extraneous in the grand scheme of things, they are definitely the Oya / Genesis of X-Men Blue.

Jean fanart

yuNUW4s.jpg

I just started reading Life of X and Psylocke is undeniably the MVP of the first issue! It is also nice to see Gambit, Bishop, Rogue, Beast and Angel doing something in a major X-Men title. See Fox, there's just no excuse to not feature Bishop, Angel, Rogue & Gambit and Psylocke in the X-Men. These are X-Men foremost and will be part of the team in the following decades.

I have also spoiled myself and read the Jan/Feb solicitations and found out that Astonishing is still ongoing after issue #6. While I just don't know how long Blue will continue? It looks like its gonna stay or maybe end issue #20? I don't really know. Gold/Red/Astonishing should be the main books. And have they ended Weapon X? I didn't see it there.

Awesome fan art.

Is anyone reading X-men: Grand Design? It's kind of a neat project.

I have it but haven't read it yet. I don't know what it is and didn't even know it was coming out. I'l probably read it after work.

"Yup Iceman is coming to a close," Grace wrote. "I am supremely bummed out, but was given plenty of notice (and even a Hail Mary or two). Everyone at Marvel has been super supportive, but at the end of the day solo X-titles are a hard sell for retailers..."

:(

"Yup Iceman is coming to a close," Grace wrote. "I am supremely bummed out, but was given plenty of notice (and even a Hail Mary or two). Everyone at Marvel has been super supportive, but at the end of the day solo X-titles are a hard sell for retailers..."

sad day

I like that fan art above :up:

No way. :csad:

They killed about 6 series at the same time.

I don't even read them online.

But why is Marvel still releasing Moon Girl and Evil Dinosaur, that remains to be one of their lowest selling titles for over a year now.

Last edited:
They killed about 6 series at the same time.
yep luke cage was one of them they even killed marvels pushed fave the hawkeye series. I saw it all last night

LUKE CAGE Cancelled Due to Poor Sales, WALKER Elaborates

1 day ago | Article
Writer David F. Walker has confirmed that LUKE CAGE has been cancelled.
Read

NEWSARAMA.COM

Also with

HAWKEYE & ICEMAN Join Wave of MARVEL Titles Canceled

1 day ago | Article
Although one missing MARCH title is announced on hiatus.
Read

NEWSARAMA.COM

X-Men solo's that aren't Wolverine or (his offspring) or stuff like Cable/Deadpool don't last long. Cyclops and Storms solo runs in recent years didn't last too long either.

X-Men character solos aren't draws like they were in the nineties to early noughties. You couldn't do a title like X-Man and have it run for 75 issues or Mutant X which ran for 32 issues these days.

Not surprised Luke Cage got cancelled. Lots of people said the comic was pretty boring. B List characters can't survive with middle of the road comics in today's market.

They are releasing too many titles anyway. I mean seriously 10 X-Men titles in a single month?? While Gold and Blue are both releasing two issues per month. And how many of those issues are actually good? Anyway, there should be a better quality control with these comics, and as someone who is paying a lot of bills monthly, these comics eat up more money than I spend in movie theaters, internet and cable.

X-Men solo's that aren't Wolverine or (his offspring) or stuff like Cable/Deadpool don't last long. Cyclops and Storms solo runs in recent years didn't last too long either

the cyclopse one went off corse from what was mentioned in cable itwas supposed to deal with his issue with his merger with apoclypes and him possilbybecoming evil and the xmen have to stop that from happening but they enew wrtier screwed it up on purpose and they they dump the story line on colossu later.

X-Men character solos aren't draws like they were in the nineties to early noughties. You couldn't do a title like X-Man and have it run for 75 issues or Mutant X which ran for 32 issues these days.

Not completly true, it's just they have bad chose's made by both editor and certain up and coming writer's wants. and potential new readers don't know these comic's exist,

When ever there's an exciting thing done with the character set up wise they always want to reject to do their own thing and it fails. storm shouldn't have been canceld

as to the recent shut down of solo's , I have a feeling this is the result of many factor's and not ju7st one . One of the major factor's is outlets like chains of store like how you see certain restorant chai's like wendy's or Micky d's. yes we have the web. and there are some certain library's that take in comic's. but not all. there needs to be physical access again and what matter to the comic publisher to keep a comic serise going is sales other wise their boss' won't accepting lasting long. certain prices need to come down.

it's the decline of comic's & magazine store 's that have comic's as an addtion that are diging out every where. and people don'e go out searching for them any more. and there litter to no advertizing ( I mean real tv & radio advertizing) like commercials like you'd see for music cd's (or use to be )or some certain type of games . and even in some of those like the latter they are starting to have certain issues with the latter in that rival medium.

there need to be a resurgence of the the comic or specialty shops .

and only solotion I can think of is to have an amuzment funzone. aplace where movie theaters the concept of arcades and comic shop al added with the concept to pic up blue ray of movies and games that rival game stop too. All colided into one place. and the only way that will work is also with the decline of certain malls being to fun centers/stores too.

Not surprised Luke Cage got cancelled. Lots of people said the comic was pretty boring. B List characters can't survive with middle of the road comics in today's market.

yes this is also one of the many factor's it's ether that it's boring or as I said when ever they do have good exciting direction for a character for some reason the up and coming writer refuses to do it and put's it on another character. which is very strange and weird of them and the series dies as a mini series. and they stupidly ask the question why? when they know they veered of path withtheir first start after the lead in, with seach for cyclops.

there's alot of factor's at play that need solving the biggest factor is outlets as I said. they keep thinking an over load of new title's will solve issue's . if there no place for new potentian reader to get them most of those new titles will die no matter who you aim them at.

Them making new comic isn't a bad idea. but the issue is getting new people that might be interested to find them easly. you need to tell your potential new costomores where there's an available place to pick it up beside's the web. and there's the issue of afordability.

And more importantly as you said interestingly there are serious poor chose made with certain cheracters that the writers know very well they should & shouldnt do with them, but they always choose not to do them and it's not good (for us fan's) to ennable them when they don't do it.

they know the building block's to make heroes great, especilly for solo titles an interesting path for them to take and what they stand for and a rogues gallery some of them have one's that are there with the latter. but cause the writer's have this refusesule they don't last.

this goes for the X books you mentioned cyclops( the older orginal version)book failing. he has enemies he should go after or keepa constant visual over. he has lots of reason to go after apoclypse force 's and d'ken when ever he shows up. but the writers won't allow it.
and the best part is they are persnal. and they have examples like cable intheir own reel house.

that's part of the issue there. he should be making sure they never harm people like they did to both him and his fsamily members again. and lastly personal motivation. that connected to it. that's what hurting them. right now. there more among those factors. But they go the wrong direction with things.

oh yest direction is another one of those factor's too.

Also lasty each title is supposed to find their own audiance. they shouldn't all only cator to the same type of people all the time. there can be solo titles and spin off's of the Xbooks but they shouldn't always only have people that read the team book as their audinces.

find your audiance. and stay with them. make sure it's a good fun read. let the books have their own identy/ but don't forget their buiding block's they are fundmental and will die with out them. super hero book won't last with out certain things and they know what they need.

no excuse's/ enabiling. if the books needs it put it in . especially if they already have personal enemies the team books or have people that have harmed them that they should be so. cause they went after their family members. Freaking use them.

Last edited:
X-Men solo's that aren't Wolverine or (his offspring) or stuff like Cable/Deadpool don't last long. Cyclops and Storms solo runs in recent years didn't last too long either.

The X-men by and large are not solo characters; they are part of an ensemble but when you remove them from that, they tend to have less appeal. However, I wont say this is an X-men issue as Marvel's other solos dont sell too well unless you are one of the big 3 in the Avengers or Spider-Man. Most struggle to maintain numbers. I dont commend Marvel for taking the chance though as they are far willing to give solo titles to characters now than in the 90s, despite knowing they likely wont sell gangbusters. I have no problem with Iceman ending. It was created for a reason and it fufilled that. I just hope he finds a home on a team in 2018

the cyclopse one went off corse from what was mentioned in cable itwas supposed to deal with his issue with his merger with apoclypes and him possilbybecoming evil and the xmen have to stop that from happening but they enew wrtier screwed it up on purpose and they they dump the story line on colossu later.

He's talking about teenage Cyclops. Adult Cyclops has never had an ongoing title. Just minis and oneshots

Last edited:
Awesome fan art.

Is anyone reading X-men: Grand Design? It's kind of a neat project.

Yep. I enjoy it a lot. I hadn't considered that it would be pure chronological order, so this story is mostly the flashbacks from other stories. I think, chronologically, we've gotten through maybe issue #1. Issue #2 will be interesting because it's got to go through all the pre-Claremont stuff, so I'm curious how that gets balanced.

One of the cool things is this is the first Marvel comic to be written, penciled, inked, colored, and lettered by the same person (who I think also helped choose the paper stock that mirrored the old newsprint). Given that, I would absolutely recommend a hard copy over a digital one.

But why is Marvel still releasing Moon Girl and Evil Dinosaur, that remains to be one of their lowest selling titles for over a year now.

First off, interesting typo. Second, the answer is simple. It's one of the rare books that makes its money outside the direct market. In its case, it makes it through Scholastic Books. Direct Market numbers are not the relevant numbers.

The X-men by and large are not solo characters; they are part of an ensemble but when you remove them from that, they tend to have less appeal. However, I wont say this is an X-men issue as Marvel's other solos dont sell too well unless you are one of the big 3 in the Avengers or Spider-Man. Most struggle to maintain numbers. I dont commend Marvel for taking the chance though as they are far willing to give solo titles to characters now than in the 90s, despite knowing they likely wont sell gangbusters. I have no problem with Iceman ending. It was created for a reason and it fufilled that. I just hope he finds a home on a team in 2018

He's talking about teenage Cyclops. Adult Cyclops has never had an ongoing title. Just minis and oneshots
well teen cyclops wouldn't have any directon to go from. he's missing too much compared to his older self . it's best they let him gain some personal enimes in the champion's and start from there.

building block wise. him on his own will always die cause they aren't doing the building block's as they did to the older ones and other heroes. the only Reason gambit and cable had series that went on for abit was cause the writers stuck to the building block's and want to develop the characters be yound the team intheir personal life and actual let thecare for thing like family and they had a direction.

And the knew when they had an exciting plot to have fallowed up on it and not drop it, when it was put out for them. un til the other characters get writers that know what they are doing totlly ..... a solo won't work for any of the others. next to the other bigger problem like getting out to newer audinces,cause they have a writer that just aren't creative or lack some sort of direction and how to make the books exciting for lamer plots.

oh and yeah adult cyclops never had an on going. with the excpetion he had with jean . but there was one they used to test the waters and it was after searchg for cyclops and they did state during AXm when he start wear that atrocihua jacket in new that if the mini sold well he get one. but cause they dropped the" F"ing ball on what Gaunt warned cable which was put on Collussus later in the main books instead that series dies cause the writer want to write about leader ship when it was supposed to be about cyclops acting like apoclypes like collussus did in the main books .

they dropped the ball and they messed up. that would have made become an ongoing but the writer went a stupid direction with a lame villan that coted him self in the same stuff cyclops use's to control his beam's asw armor . and turned it into a leader ship speal story . shooting down any chance of an on going cause he wanted to do a lamer plot then what seach for cylcops set up with Gaunt's warning to cable from a nother writer before that one . saying other wise is enabiling. that guy screwed up.

Any ways I got to go to work it's the last day of the christmas week and my boss asked me to come in for it.

Last edited:

I actually just sat and read that whole series in one sitting earlier this week. I'm not the biggest of Storm fans, but that was a pretty good title. And I was surprised to find Kenji from Generation Hope in the last couple of issues. I know the majority of that title was garbage, but I felt Kenji had a lot of potential the way the original writer was writing him, but then the second writer came in and had him go stereotypical villain. Glad to see that Greg Pak brought him back and left his direction open. I don't expect to see him back in any major way as he was just a fringe character, but it was a nice surprise.

That title also made me realize how much I miss the Storm/Forge paring.

I enjoyed Nightcralwer's series. It was very much Claremont being Claremont.

I like Storm and Forge more than Storm and T'Challa.
I like both. The Storm/Forge stories are amazing sagas filled with tragedy and drama and begs to be adapted in a cartoon or movie. The movies and cartoons never give Storm personal connections, including romantic relationships.

It wasn't until I read how Coates writes Storm did I become invested in her relationship with Black Panther. It'll be interesting to see how the X-books handle them the second time around. If they do move forward with it outside of Black Panther, I hope we see more connections between the X-men and Wakanda, including Black Panther with a role in the X-books. Gentle in Red is a great sign.

The relationship was so weirdly handled the first time. Storm was mostly MIA in X-men affairs but didn't do a whole lot in Black Panther's world either. It made me not like the pair, but then I realized it wasn't the paring I disliked, but how the X-books handled them. I remember there was an ongoing joke of Storm watching major mutant events unfolding on her TV in the palace.

And in 2017 the joke is that Storm keeps getting knocked out off panel. Smh what's it going to take for writers to actually write her? Her solo written by Coates can't come soon enough.

The X-men by and large are not solo characters; they are part of an ensemble but when you remove them from that, they tend to have less appeal.

That's eXactly the case for me, which people might find odd for a big X-Men fan like psylockolossus.

By the way, Iceman should join X-Men Gold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"