X-Men - Part 8

How do y'all feel about Gail Simone taking over as writer, per the rumors floating around

How do y'all feel about Gail Simone taking over as writer, per the rumors floating around
As much as I'm not looking forward to the relaunch, I'll hold judgement on the new writer until I've read the first issue.

I just hope the new relaunch is way way way less confusing than these last two years.

Krakoa's always been odd, and felt like it wasn't going to last
But hopefully things don't go back to how they were before...seeing Xavier in the chair again is concerning

And can someone tell me, in that preview art, who's the girl riding the giant alligator??

"For centuries, Apocalypse tested the mutants of Earth to guarantee that only the strong would survive. Now, as he takes his throne on Arakko, another must rise in his place and ensure the mutants of Earth do not grow weak in his absence! Twelve mutants chosen from the X-Men's greatest heroes—and villains—will compete for the honor, but only one can become... the HEIR OF APOCALYPSE!"

Starting in June. Notably continuing some things from the current era.

And can someone tell me, in that preview art, who's the girl riding the giant alligator??
That's Isca the Unbeaten. The alligator is Pogg ur-Pogg.

I haven't read anything of hers, but from what I've seen of her Domino run, she could be fun.

"For centuries, Apocalypse tested the mutants of Earth to guarantee that only the strong would survive. Now, as he takes his throne on Arakko, another must rise in his place and ensure the mutants of Earth do not grow weak in his absence! Twelve mutants chosen from the X-Men's greatest heroes—and villains—will compete for the honor, but only one can become... the HEIR OF APOCALYPSE!"

Starting in June. Notably continuing some things from the current era.

That's Isca the Unbeaten. The alligator is Pogg ur-Pogg.

Guess that explains why they were using the AoA font early on for the relaunch. Personally, loving the reference to The Twelve, but its an interesting group of characters. Based on the covers, looks like Genocide is going to show up. That's a fun reference to Remender's run that I would like to see. And I am happy that it looks like Apocalypse will be around a bit more.

Thinking its safe to say its happening. Sorry Gambit fans. I am curious to see where she goes with it.

I'm dreading what's next, but Gillen, Foxe, and Ewing are still doing really good work here. I'm biased towards Gillen though, as per 99% of my posts in this thread. I just hope it ends on a high note.
I'll check your thoughts here when the new era starts :p

I saw a rumored leak of new titles. I am curious at how accurate it is. Interesting mix of creators, though.

So, Simone on Uncanny X-men with Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, Jubilee, and Nightcrawler.
Jed Mackay on X-men with Cyclops, Magik, Beast, Quire, Oya, Juggernaut, Magneto, and Psylocke (Kwannon)
Eve Ewing on Exceptional X-men with Emma and Kitty and the new generation of X-men.

Kind of laughing that Gail got Gambit.

X-factor, X-force, NYX, Phoenix, Storm, and Wolverine books are also coming, no creative teams announced.

There is some nostalgia seeing the old 90's font. Just hoping the line isn't 4.99.

So, Simone on Uncanny X-men with Rogue, Gambit, Wolverine, Jubilee, and Nightcrawler.
Jed Mackay on X-men with Cyclops, Magik, Beast, Quire, Oya, Juggernaut, Magneto, and Psylocke (Kwannon)
Eve Ewing on Exceptional X-men with Emma and Kitty and the new generation of X-men.

Kind of laughing that Gail got Gambit.
Oh ok, didn't recognize them, wasn't sure if they were in a book I hadn't been keeping up with

So, back at the Mansion? mmmk
But is that also Genosha?

So, back at the Mansion? mmmk
But is that also Genosha?

I'm not sure, it sounds like the initial three books do not take place in the mansion, with Scott based in Alaska (possibly back to the weapon x facility), Kitty in Chicago, and Rogue in New Orleans.

XMen.png

While y'all know how I feel about losing Krakoa, I'm starting to feel a bit more cautiously optimistic about this (90s nostalgia aside). Don't knock it until you've tried it, right?

Happy we're not going anywhere near the mansion for now. It's nice to see three new characters in Exceptional. Magic and Psylocke on adjectives is great and glad to see them continuing with Juggernaut as well. Plus, the mutant hand signs are kinda cool.

X-Factor and X-Force are obvious choices for the other books. NYX and Storm are even more interesting to me though. Could do without a Phoenix book and while I'm definitely no longer the target audience for Wolverine Solo, he obviously would get a book as well.

We'll have to see what the quality is like, and I hope they've got some tricks up their sleeves, but there's bound to be some books in there I enjoy. Heir of Apocalypse should be fun too.

Last edited:
Uncanny is making me think about buying comics again. Just hope it's worth the money. The prices really jumped once Disney too ownership. :(

Some of the new designs are just....questionable. especially Cyks.

Ill attempt to get back into the franchise full time when they relaunch but I'm not excited about Storms potential mohawk/suit design.

I'm kind of surprised Marvel isn't launching these previews with bigger artist. Each team has about 2 characters i actually like so..
That's good i guess

The combo of Uncanny/Adjectiveless returning again feels somewhat familiar in a good way. Though I find the roster of Uncanny a bit small with just 5 members. While adjectiveless is a bit of a miXed bag with 2 OG members, 2 former villains, Kwannon, Magik and two from the younger generation finally joining the main team. I'm indifferent about it.

I'm not keen on eXceptional, with Kitty/Emma and just 3 newbies that could easily be disposable after some time. It just feels like a throwaway 3rd X-Men title.

With Oya/Quentin Quire finally being upgraded as regular X-Men members (rather just trainees or stuents) and those 3 newbies being introduced as new members??? I just hope they don't go back to the 2000s decade, when they had like 50 Mutants joined the X-Men and only few made an impact (Emma, X-23). We still have 5 1/2 years to go in the 2020s. I hope they don't go overboard with this. Right now, Kamala/Rasputin IV seem like have a short run as official members of the team. I don't know if we would ever see Synch in the team again after Krakoa era is over. They could have keep one of those three for the relaunch.

Also a bit weird, they already announced the neXt relaunch when the Krakoa era still have several issues to go from March to June. I really don't get this strategy with Marvel Comics. I kinda feel bad for the loyal fans who buys everything, there is just no down time for their wallet/comics budget, as Marvel Comics always have a relaunch/event limited issues/cross overs.

I mean, the solicitations are about to go out. You can only hide it for so long.

The combo of Uncanny/Adjectiveless returning again feels somewhat familiar in a good way. Though I find the roster of Uncanny a bit small with just 5 members. While adjectiveless is a bit of a miXed bag with 2 OG members, 2 former villains, Kwannon, Magik and two from the younger generation finally joining the main team. I'm indifferent about it.

I'm not keen on eXceptional, with Kitty/Emma and just 3 newbies that could easily be disposable after some time. It just feels like a throwaway 3rd X-Men title.

With Oya/Quentin Quire finally being upgraded as regular X-Men members (rather just trainees or stuents) and those 3 newbies being introduced as new members??? I just hope they don't go back to the 2000s decade, when they had like 50 Mutants joined the X-Men and only few made an impact (Emma, X-23). We still have 5 1/2 years to go in the 2020s. I hope they don't go overboard with this. Right now, Kamala/Rasputin IV seem like have a short run as official members of the team. I don't know if we would ever see Synch in the team again after Krakoa era is over. They could have keep one of those three for the relaunch.

Also a bit weird, they already announced the neXt relaunch when the Krakoa era still have several issues to go from March to June. I really don't get this strategy with Marvel Comics. I kinda feel bad for the loyal fans who buys everything, there is just no down time for their wallet/comics budget, as Marvel Comics always have a relaunch/event limited issues/cross overs.
I like the small roster for Uncanny, maybe Gambit will actually get some story meat for a change. I stopped reading a while back because they would put him on a team and he'd be barely used, lucky if he got a line or two. :( The last team that really used him was X-Factor.

Simone has said she has loved writing a married couple, so that is positive. She has also hinted that isn't the full roster, but the others are being held back as they come into the story later.

They could have revealed 1 comic book per month since not all of those would be out by July. But a September launch in a March announcement??? Not only they revealed those 3 main X-Men books, but the other X-related titles as well.

There is just no room to breathe and there's still plenty of issues to go with these final months for Krakoa. But its like, its already ended given how ahead of time they are by announcing these titles.

They could have revealed 1 comic book per month since not all of those would be out by July. But a September launch in a March announcement??? Not only they revealed those 3 main X-Men books, but the other X-related titles as well.

There is just no room to breathe and there's still plenty of issues to go with these final months for Krakoa. But its like, its already ended given how ahead of time they are by announcing these titles.
This is how it is with any book by any publisher. Doesn't matter if its Marvel, DC, Image. These books are gonna be in the July solicits next month, they have to get the word out about it so that stores order books. They can't just hide what the books are gonna be about.

Anybody else bummed they're going to redeem Beast by using a clone??

I know he's a classic, and beloved, but Marvel has so few Heroes-turned-Villains
And with all the reformed villains in the X-books these days, would've been cool to have Hank be the new Magneto

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"