X-men tas on dvd!

I've gone one step further converted them from PAL format to NTSC, so they'll play on ANY US dvd player...

I don't know why they don't release these properly; especially Spiderman the 90's TAS.

I've gone one step further converted them from PAL format to NTSC, so they'll play on ANY US dvd player...

I don't know why they don't release these properly; especially Spiderman the 90's TAS.
Disney has trouble making them sense they think no young kids would have interest in the old shows, and only want shows that are current. Sort of like what happened at Paramount with the new head of dvd sales a few years back. Pete and Pete season 3 was cancelled for the same reason to old of a show to hold interest in the target age group. Of course it just proves to show how they have no clue who the target is as only older fans who grew up with the show want it. Not 5 year old. Disney also did it with Power Rangers the movie by taking the Mighty Morphen out of the title.

Perhaps another good sign is that Cable is on the Volume 2 set, and he first appeared in season two. Or it could just be using the episodes from season two that he appeared, but hopefully not.

They also retail for $16.99 on Amazon.com but they have no other details there.

Actually, Cable first appeared in the season 1 episode "Slave Island". Which has me kinda worried. Cable did appear in season 2(in the 2 part "time fugitives") but he was much more of a season 1 character. I'd expect season 2 to have an Morph or Sinister on the cover. Why is Cable on the season 2 cover?

I think an lot of us will feel better about this when we find out what episodes are on these sets.

Actually, Cable first appeared in the season 1 episode "Slave Island". Which has me kinda worried. Cable did appear in season 2(in the 2 part "time fugitives") but he was much more of a season 1 character. I'd expect season 2 to have an Morph or Sinister on the cover. Why is Cable on the season 2 cover?

I think an lot of us will feel better about this when we find out what episodes are on these sets.

S1/Pt 1- Night Of The Sentinels (Part One)', 'Night Of The Sentinels (Part 2)', 'Enter Magneto', 'Deadly Reunions', 'Captive Hearts', 'Cold Vengence', and 'Slave Island'.

S1/Pt 2- 'Unstoppable Juggernaut', 'The Cure', 'Come the Apocalypse', 'Final Decision', 'Mojo Vision'.

S2/Pt 1- 'Till Death Do Us Part – Part 1', 'Till Death Do Us Part – Part 2', 'Whatever It Takes', 'Red Dawn', 'Repo Man' and 'X-Ternally Yours'.

Disney has trouble making them sense they think no young kids would have interest in the old shows, and only want shows that are current. Sort of like what happened at Paramount with the new head of dvd sales a few years back. Pete and Pete season 3 was cancelled for the same reason to old of a show to hold interest in the target age group. Of course it just proves to show how they have no clue who the target is as only older fans who grew up with the show want it. Not 5 year old. Disney also did it with Power Rangers the movie by taking the Mighty Morphen out of the title.
Actually that was Fox's doing since they own the movie.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/010928-X-Animated.html
X-fans rejoice!

The legendary Fox animated series, The X-Men, is finally coming out on DVD through Walt Disney Home Video. The first two releases, simply entitled Volume 1 and Volume 2, have street dates of April 28. Both collections have suggested retail prices of $23.98. Volume 1 is two disks and times in at 368 minutes. The second is also two disks and times in at 391 minutes.

This is all the information Disney Home Video has released to retailers as of this time.

The series originally aired on Fox Kids from 1992-1997. It was the creation of producer/directors Larry Houston and Frank Squillace. It’s known as the second-longest running series on Fox Kids, with 76 episodes, after Batman: The Animated Series. It is the longest running Marvel-based animated series, just ahead of Spider-Man: The Animated Series, which had 65. With the collapse of Fox Kids, Disney bought out the Saban-owned part of the series, and is now running repeats on Toon Disney (soon to become Disney XD).

The main mutants featured on the series included Cyclops (Norm Spencer), Jean Grey (Catherine Disher), Wolverine (Cal Dodd), Storm (Iona Morris/Allison Sealy-Smith), Rogue (Lenore Zann), Beast (George Buza), Nightcrawler (Paul Haddad), Jubilee (Alyson Court) and, naturally, Dr. Charles Xavier (Cedric Smith). It redid classic X-Men comic book story arcs such as Days of Future Past, the Dark Phoenix Saga and Legacy Virus generally to overall fan satisfaction.

Considered one of the most popular animated TV series of all time (at least for Marvel and many comic book fans), the show has long been unavailable on DVD.

More information will come as it is provided.

I did the math for volume one and since each episode is an average of about 22 minutes, these should (fingers crossed) have the whole seasons, plus some bonus material.

I really am hoping we dont get ****ed over here... it almost sounds too good to be true, but then again, thats also what I thought about the BTAS DVDs, so...

Last edited:
I REALLY am excited if this comes through without a hitch. Ive been wanting these on dvd much like everyone else for the longest time

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0902/09/index.htm

Great news, everyone! These two DVD volumes are, in fact, in order and the two volumes will lead up to the end of the Phoenix Saga, which was well into the series third season! So, those of you hoping for full seasons are getting more than what you've asked for. Check it out.

16 episodes on the first volume, 17 on the second.

X-MEN DVD EPISODES
VOLUME 1

DISC 1

* Night of the Sentinels
(Part 1)

* Night of the Sentinels (Part 2)

* Enter Magneto

* Deadly Reunions

* Captive Hearts

* Cold Vengeance

* Slave Island

* The Unstoppable Juggernaut

DISC 2

* The Cure

* Come The Apocalypse

* Days Of Future Past (Part 1)

* Days Of Future Past (Part 2)

* The Final Decision

* Till Death Do Us Part (Part 1)

* Till Death Do Us Part (Part 2)

* Whatever It Takes
VOLUME 2

DISC 1

* Red Dawn

* Repo Man

* X-Ternally Yours

* Time Fugitives (Part 1)

* Time Fugitives (Part 2)

* A Rogue's Tale

* Beauty & The Beast

* Mojo Vision

DISC 2

* Reunion (Part 1)

* Reunion (Part 2)

* Out of the Past (Part 1)

* Out of the Past (Part 2)

* The Phoenix Saga (Part 1): Sacrifice

* The Phoenix Saga (Part 2): The Dark Shroud

* The Phoenix Saga (Part 3): Cry of the Banshee

* The Phoenix Saga (Part 4): The Starjammers

* The Phoenix Saga (Part 5): Child of Light

I never got into the comic books, but the cartoon was excellent.

What the hell took so long?

Well, despite some laughably bad episodes and animation issues, this series is one of my all time favorites, mostly due to the artwork, the SUPERB voice acting, and the music.

-TNC

What the hell took so long?

Well, despite some laughably bad episodes and animation issues, this series is one of my all time favorites, mostly due to the artwork, the SUPERB voice acting, and the music.

-TNC

Disney didnt know how to get their **** together before.

We're getting full seasons (more than full seasons, actually) and people are still *****ing about cover art. Really guys?!

Finally! Now if they can only get the complete Mighty Morphin Power Ranger series, I'd die of happiness.

Hopefully we'll get the Spider-Man Animated Series soon enough

Hopefully we'll get the Spider-Man Animated Series soon enough

Seeing as how the box says Marvel Comic Book Collection, I think it could be a possibility.

Seeing as how the box says Marvel Comic Book Collection, I think it could be a possibility.

Hopefully we don't have to wait until 2011 when Spider-Man 4 arrives.

2-3 more X-Men volumes will probably come out when the Wolverine DVD/Blu-Ray arrives or they may wait on sales for future volumes.

Finally! Now if they can only get the complete Mighty Morphin Power Ranger series, I'd die of happiness.

I'd buy them. I have the first movie on video in the house somewhere.

as for X Men:TAS I don't know about special features but I have the british disks (which are just the episodes) which so far are halfway through season 2 in the release schedule. The release pattern has stalled though. The last half of 2 was meant to be out in November but has yet to be released.
http://dvdsuperheroes.co.uk/

I just want X-Men to lead to Spider-Man and Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends eventually. And Iron Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"