X-Men Without Movie Characters

zachthegeek

Civilian
Reaction score
I was thinking about how they didn’t use any villains previously used in Spider-Man movies for Homecoming, and had a crazy idea - what if Marvel made a new X-Men team without a single member who’d previously appeared in an FoX-Men universe movie/show? They’d never do this (it’s not like they made Homecoming without Peter) but it’s still a fun idea. So I looked up every character who’s been an official X-man in the comics (according to Wikipedia) and removed anyone who I was aware had appeared/is confirmed to be appearing in the first 13 X-movies (up through Dark Phoenix).

Mimic
Changeling
Petra
Sway
Vulcan
Sunfire
Marvel Girl (Rachel Summers)
Longshot
Forge
Revanche
Joseph
Marrow
Maggott
Thunderbird (Neal Shaara)
Xorn
Chamber
Stacy X
Lifeguard
Slipstream
Northstar
Husk
Lady Mastermind
Omega Sentinel
Armor
Hepzibah
Pixie
Magma
Doctor Nemesis
Box
Sub-Mariner
Boom-Boom
Ariel
Danger
Cypher
Fantomex
EVA
Hope
Frenzy
X-Man
Warbird (Ava’Dara Naganandini)
Firestar
M
Strong Guy
Shatterstar
Hellion
Gentle
Honey Badger
Trinary

Given these characters (and perhaps other mutants who’ve never been full members, such as Multiple Man or Surge), how would you assemble a team?

Last edited:
I think what we really need is a Nextwave film.

While it's not what you'd specified (since it includes Darwin), it could be funny to see a movie based on the 'original X-Men' team of Vulcan, Sway, Petra and Darwin, going on some mission, and then up against Krakoa.

If they want more, they could add some more 'pre' X-Men, like Sage or Changeling.

But what I really would like to see is the New X-Men.

Hellion, Dust, X-23/Laura, and some combination of Wind-Dancer, Mercury, Surge, Rockslide, Indra, Elixir, Anole, Prodigy, Bling!, Wither, Wallflower, Gentle, etc.

An X-Factor movie starring Madrox, Rahne, Monet, Strong Guy, Siryn, Shatterstar, Rictor, etc. could also be fun.

Ooh, Nextwave... Man, if only!

While it's not what you'd specified (since it includes Darwin), it could be funny to see a movie based on the 'original X-Men' team of Vulcan, Sway, Petra and Darwin, going on some mission, and then up against Krakoa.

If they want more, they could add some more 'pre' X-Men, like Sage or Changeling.

But what I really would like to see is the New X-Men.

Hellion, Dust, X-23/Laura, and some combination of Wind-Dancer, Mercury, Surge, Rockslide, Indra, Elixir, Anole, Prodigy, Bling!, Wither, Wallflower, Gentle, etc.

An X-Factor movie starring Madrox, Rahne, Monet, Strong Guy, Siryn, Shatterstar, Rictor, etc. could also be fun.

Ooh, Nextwave... Man, if only!

You basically read my mind on New X-Men 2004 and X-Factor 2005. I’d absolutely love either, especially X-Factor.

I haven’t read Nextwave yet (I plan on doing it very soon though), but I’ll be back once I do. Based on what I’ve been hearing about it, I’m sure I’ll love it too.

I was thinking about how they didn’t use any villains previously used in Spider-Man movies for Homecoming, and had a crazy idea - what if Marvel made a new X-Men team without a single member who’d previously appeared in an FoX-Men universe movie/show? They’d never do this (it’s not like they made Homecoming without Peter) but it’s still a fun idea. So I looked up every character who’s been an official X-man in the comics (according to Wikipedia) and removed anyone who I was aware had appeared/is confirmed to be appearing in the first 13 X-movies (up through Dark Phoenix).

Mimic
Polaris
Changeling
Petra
Sway
Vulcan
Sunfire
Thunderbird (John Proudstar)
Lockheed
Marvel Girl (Rachel Summers)
Longshot
Forge
Revanche
Joseph
Marrow
Maggott
Thunderbird (Neal Shaara)
Sage
Xorn
Chamber
Stacy X
Lifeguard
Slipstream
Northstar
Husk
Lady Mastermind
Omega Sentinel
Armor
Hepzibah
Pixie
Magma
Doctor Nemesis
Box
Sub-Mariner
Boom-Boom
Ariel
Danger
Cypher
Warlock
Fantomex
EVA
Hope
Frenzy
X-Man
Warbird (Ava’Dara Naganandini)
Firestar
M
Ink
Strong Guy
Shatterstar
Hellion
Gentle
Honey Badger
Trinary

Given these characters (and perhaps other mutants who’ve never been full members, such as Multiple Man or Surge), how would you assemble a team?

I don't see him on your list but I would love to see Kid Gladiator and Warbird on the team.

I'd love it if Namor and Emma Frost were on the team.

Armor, Forge, Morph and Firestar are a must for me.

Polaris
Thunderbird (John Proudstar)
Lockheed
Marrow (possibly)
Sage
Warlock
Ink

These because they have already appeared or will appear in FOX-Men stuff, and I just want to not follow the rules you set up :woot:

These because they have already appeared or will appear in FOX-Men stuff, and I just want to not follow the rules you set up :woot:

When have they appeared? (Other than the teeny maybe-cameo of Marrow in Deadpool, which I don’t count.)

Polaris and Thunderbird are main characters on the Gifted.
rsz_img_9229.jpg
efb6bcb6-86ac-4cbd-83d5-1c63a8dab79c-tg-s1_pilot-sc54-rg_0272_hires1.jpg

Sage a supporting character there.

Lockheed and Warlock will be in New Mutants.
Magik.jpg

Ink appeared in both the past (as part of the same military unit as Havok) and future (as a prisoner in the opening scene) in DofP
latest
latest

Last edited:
The TV shows don't count.

My roster would be:
Polaris, Marrow, Sage, Revanche, Thunderbird, Sunfire, Cecilia Reyes and Forge.

Polaris and Thunderbird are main characters on the Gifted.
rsz_img_9229.jpg
efb6bcb6-86ac-4cbd-83d5-1c63a8dab79c-tg-s1_pilot-sc54-rg_0272_hires1.jpg

Sage a supporting character there.

Lockheed and Warlock will be in New Mutants.
Magik.jpg

Ink appeared in both the past (as part of the same military unit as Havok) and future (as a prisoner in the opening scene) in DofP
latest
latest

Okay, thanks. Edited.

Don't remove Thunderbird, Sage, Legixn and Polaris as they are not movie characters yet!

Don't remove Thunderbird, Sage, Legixn and Polaris as they are not movie characters yet!

Regardless of your personal opinion, I'd like to point out that the point of this thread is listed as

what if Marvel made a new X-Men team without a single member who’d previously appeared in an FoX-Men universe movie/show?

Why should they remove characters essential to the lore out of their movie now that they own the franchise? I doubt they had this idea in mind.

M, Chamber, Husk, Skin and Synch led by Forge and Rachel Summers in a time travel plot.

Why should they remove characters essential to the lore out of their movie now that they own the franchise? I doubt they had this idea in mind.

It’d be ridiculous for them to do this, but it was just a fun idea I had, and an odd thing to think about.

Polaris is the very first one, as well as Longshot and Gambit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"