X-Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Herring. I'll believe it when i see it.

the mentioned that the X-men were getting a brand new direction with new artist Whilce Portacio....maybe its not about mutants anymore

The New X-Men: Written by Brian Bendis.

The roster:

Wolverine (leader obviously)
Spider-Man
Psylocke
Ronin (what mutant is hiding behind the Ronin mask?)
X-23
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman

Mark my words, it's going to happen.

I'll wait and see but if Spider-man is a permanent addition to the roster it would be beyond stupid.So now Spidey has time to go between New York and San Francisco?Are all super powered individuals welcome in the X-men now?Plus that would mean Spidey is on three teams.

Spiderman as an X-man is even worse than Wolverine as an Avenger

I'll wait and see but if Spider-man is a permanent addition to the roster it would be beyond stupid.So now Spidey has time to go between New York and San Francisco?Are all super powered individuals welcome in the X-men now?Plus that would mean Spidey is on three teams.

Namor I understood...heck even Danger I understood...as she's basically a mutant machine.

But yea, if Spider-Man becomes an X-Man, I may just give up. :whatever:

Although this does look weird, it could work. It makes sense that the X-Men may try to expand their ranks to include non-mutants - their message is about peaceful co-existence, and what represents that more than having non-mutants on their team? Especially since they've lost this message amidst all the violence and persecution in recent years.

It seems sketchier on the Spider-Man side; why would he be interested in joining, and why would he be in San Francisco?

Fraction said that the X-men will be staying in San Fran.

As for Spider-man on the X-men, i gotta admit, its at least partially intriguing because Spidey and the X-men have always had a good relationship with each other. Spidey's always had good chemistry with the X-men whenever they team up. That said, it still doesn't make much sense. At this point its painfully obvious Marvel has no idea what to do with the X-men franchise anymore and they're desperate.

They're trying too hard when they dont need to try hard at all. Grant Morrison and Whedon used a simple formula that made the X-men work and bring them back to their roots. Its baffling why Marvel refuses to take their lead since it obviously worked well before.

No, no. Nothing is worse than Wolverine as an Avenger. :o
No, this is worse. The Avengers are pretty open with their membership. I hated the idea of Wolverine as an Avengers but when he joined (at the beginning of New Avengers), it didnt seem so ridiculous. With a few exceptions, the X-men are pretty exclusive to only mutants. The few non-mutants were X characters already ande made sense. Spiderman makes none. He isnt even involved in mutant rights or have any type of investment in their struggles or anything that their personal story. I wonder how they will explain him being here. I hoep its just a teamup and not him actually joining

If Pym's Avengers would break up for Loki, I can only imagine what they'd do for Mephisto. :)

Even Juggs made sense when he joined. He was looking for redemption (screw you Carey! :argh: ) and was Charles' brother.

I too hate dit when Juggernaut became bad again for no reason. That pretty much sums up whats wrong with the X franchise, Marvel is constantly flip-flopping on what to do with the characters. One minute Magneto's good, then Morrison turns him bad, then Marvel scramble to make him good again. Make up your F***ing mind.

It just seems like a way for Marvel to get the spidey fans who collect evrything with him on it to buy X-men too."Hey it worked with Avengers it can work with X-men!"

I cant beleive they'd make Spiderman an X-man before Quicksilver. Damn it, Pietro should have joined ages ago!

More like Spider-Man being on the X-Men, whom he's got a pretty good working relationship with, doesn't strike me as quite so ridiculous as Murderman Jones breathing the same air as Captain America, let alone operating as an official member of the Avengers. It probably helps if you put it in the context of my utter and abiding hatred of Wolverine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"