• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

X-Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember this issue? It was essentially a Spider-man book with the name Xmen on the cover. He felt odd and out of place even back then.

346.jpg

I thought it was a great issue. Most of the X-Men where stuck in space and the rest had been captured by Bastion. I was never a huge fan of Scott Lobdell but he did an incredible job with Spidey, JJJ, and Robbie.

I thought it was a great issue. Most of the X-Men where stuck in space and the rest had been captured by Bastion. I was never a huge fan of Scott Lobdell but he did an incredible job with Spidey, JJJ, and Robbie.
the X-men arent around, so lets write an entire issue centered around Spiderman instead? Spidey didnt just guest star....he was the lead role. The issue focused on him and was told from his perspective. It was strictly a marketing ploy. It had OZT on the label but wasnt a part of the main crossover and felt more like they were grasping here. The only signicant X related thing it accomplished was reintroducing Marrow, who had previously been presumed to have been killed off.

What was Zero Tolerance about again?
Bastion's plot to destroy all mutants. He initiated the Prime Sentinel program which turned normal humans into sleeper agent prime sentinels. The story mainly took place in Wolverine, Cable, X-men, X-force and Generation X. Wolverine followed a group of X-men who had been kidnapped by Bastion and followed their escape along with Jubilee who was abducted in Gen X. Cable featured him defending the mansion unsuccessfully as Bastion's forces stripped it down. In X-men, Iceman lead a team of Cecilia Reyes, Marrow and Sabra against Bastion and he managed to defeat him. I cant remember what X-force's role in it was. You can read more about it here: http://www.comicvine.com/operation-zero-tolerance/39-43899/

I loved the lasting effects from it. The Xmen were left with nothing. All their high tech and equipment was gone. They were broke as Xavier's funds were frozen. Cyclops was forced into retirement after a bomb was placed in his chest. 3 new X-men were added to shake things up. X-force broke off from Cable and went out on a roadtrip. Iceman stepped up as a leader and was taken seriously for the first time as a major player. Overall it was a good story with outcomes which changed the direction of the books in a good way

Eh, I'll take your word for it, lol. To me it sounds like a giant mess of a crossover. Reminds me of how much the 90's raped the X-men franchise inside and out.

actually it was a pretty good crossover

Eh, I'll take your word for it, lol. To me it sounds like a giant mess of a crossover. Reminds me of how much the 90's raped the X-men franchise inside and out.
It was the last big crossover across the team books until Messiah Complex a few years ago. It wasnt handled like the other ones in the 90s where you had to get every book with a story told in parts that went from title to title.(like Second Coming today) Each book had its own self contained story with OZT as the overall theme. That allowed for each writer to have more freedom with his title instead of trying to coordinate how to utilize characters from the other teams and force plot. I loved it bc it actually showed the X-men vulnerable. In the end they won but not really bc they lost alot.

So is there any art from this?
yea that teaser. Its not a book...its a direction similarly to what Marvel has been doing with the Avengers reveals. Im sure we'll be getting several revealing different X-men over the upcoming weeks

Operation Zero Tolerance did indeed turn the X-Men's world on it's ear. It's effects were felt for a long time, I believe, at least until The Twelve storyline.

Here's a thought: perhaps wait until there's more than a freaking teaser picture to call it the "worst idea ever".

Seeing that Psylocke and Spidey are bursting out of Jim Lee's X-men #1 it might have to do with X-men Forever.Remember when everyone thought those X-men promos were important and it turned out to be for X-men:Noir?

Seeing that Psylocke and Spidey are bursting out of Jim Lee's X-men #1 it might have to do with X-men Forever.Remember when everyone thought those X-men promos were important and it turned out to be for X-men:Noir?

Its not for X-men Forever as 1)The second season starts in August 2) It would say X-men Forever

The thing is it has the "we are the X-men" banner that marvel's been using to correspond to the aftermath of Second Coming.

IF "We Are The X-Men" is a banner, then Spider-Man may not actually be an X-Man at all.

maybe its not even Spiderman. What if its a shape shifter, like Mystique?

Mystique if memory serves me cannot mimic powers

She-Hulk-X.jpg

Teaser #2.

This would seem to increase the likelihood that, as some people have suggested elsewhere, Fred Van Lente is getting involved in the main line of X-Men books (X-Force is the only current vacancy, I believe, but these characters would suggest a rather different premise). Spider-Man and Lyra are both characters he's been heavily involved with.

She-Hulk-X.jpg

Teaser #2.

This would seem to increase the likelihood that, as some people have suggested elsewhere, Fred Van Lente is getting involved in the main line of X-Men books (X-Force is the only current vacancy, I believe, but these characters would suggest a rather different premise). Spider-Man and Lyra are both characters he's been heavily involved with.

Whilce Portacio becomes the reg artist on Uncanny for the new direction of X-men

Maybe they're resurrecting Exiles as a dimension-hopping X-Men team. They were always more open with their membership...

you mentioned the one guy coming on to the main books and i brought up that WP is taking over Uncannny

I'll reserve judgment until Sunday when all of this is explained, but for now I'm not really impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"