Xavier not really back.

B

ben_reilly_s_s

Think about it.
Xavier is not really back.
Sure his memories are there, and so is his consiousness.
But he won't have his powers.
The Xavier DNA and Brain are both gone, so there is no way he will have his powers.

How would he have reverted his mind into another body without his powers? If so...why didn't Cyclop's mind go into that comatose patient. In the comics I believe Xavier's mind goes into Proteus and he still retains his psychic abilities.

I think he may have retained his powers. They are of the mind, and I think it's possible he could have transferred them along with his consciousness.

Avalanche said:
I think he may have retained his powers. They are of the mind, and I think it's possible he could have transferred them along with his consciousness.
Me too:up:

hmm i think if hes in the new body in x4 he will bear a striking resemblance to this guy ive seen in some movies named patrick stewart (maybe theyl give him hair to disguise this) and since his powers r mind based and his mind is in the new body im sure he will have powers

whos body does he go into exactly?? Some twin or clone?

WTFimVENOM said:
whos body does he go into exactly?? Some twin or clone?
Just a random body that had no consciousness.

since he transferred his mind into another body
i take it as a given he has his powers
his mind didnt just wander into a new body

I think it is a twin. Apparently, in some Brood alien storyline, Xavier did this. I think...

In any event, if you look closely, the man in bed is Xavier (kinda creepy really). It's Patrick Stewart with a beard, oxygen Mask, etc...look at the nose. That's what gave it away for me.

I think he was transfering his mind when he was being killed, when he said, dont let your powers control you.

There is no way for him to have his powers anymore.

Lets say you had an amazing singing voice and had you brain transplanted into another body, the vocal corrds are not the same as the ones you used to use, so you will not have the same voice and be able to sing the same way ever again.

ben_reilly_s_s said:
I think he was transfering his mind when he was being killed, when he said, dont let your powers control you.

There is no way for him to have his powers anymore.

Lets say you had an amazing singing voice and had you brain transplanted into another body, the vocal corrds are not the same as the ones you used to use, so you will not have the same voice and be able to sing the same way ever again.
You just contradicted yourself. Xavier's powers are mind based...so if his mind gets transferred...voila! So does his powers.

His powers come from a physical mutation so he shouldn't have them in a different body.

No no no, this one point is going to debunk everything you're saying here Amper, although I know where you're coming from.

Prof X can enter the Astral Plane, or project his mind anywhere in the world. His body is thus removed from the equation, and therefore he doesn't need his body to use his powers. It's not a stretch of the imagination to think that a guy who has powers while NOT IN HIS BODY AT ALL will still have these powers when in a different body entirely.

Think of it much like when he took over Sabertooth's mind in X2, even. He had them then, even though he was in Sabey's mind.

Thank you Ampersand.
The Mutation is caused because of DNA.
The new body doesnt have the Same DNA!!!!

Really, the whole idea of him not being dead is just awful.

ben_reilly_s_s said:
Thank you Ampersand.
The Mutation is caused because of DNA.
The new body doesnt have the Same DNA!!!!
Deathstrike and Wolvie have the same mutation. How do you know his body didn't choose a some what of a copy of his original? Or even deeper...what if Moira and Xavier made a comatose clone of himself in case this even ever happened? The DNA would be exactly the same. Either way, his powers are mind based...not body based.

Kotagg said:
No no no, this one point is going to debunk everything you're saying here Amper, although I know where you're coming from.

Prof X can enter the Astral Plane, or project his mind anywhere in the world. His body is thus removed from the equation, and therefore he doesn't need his body to use his powers. It's not a stretch of the imagination to think that a guy who has powers while NOT IN HIS BODY AT ALL will still have these powers when in a different body entirely.

Think of it much like when he took over Sabertooth's mind in X2, even. He had them then, even though he was in Sabey's mind.

His ability to manipulate Sabertooth and Toad was still a result of the mutation strictly featured within his own body. His body is still the source of his power even when on the astral plane, and even while in Sabertooth's mind.

Yeah, but his mind, as long as he is linked to the Astral Plane, which he always is, can have the same powers...

unless the body's a clone, which might work...

chaseter said:
Deathstrike and Wolvie have the same mutation. How do you know his body didn't choose a some what of a copy of his original? Or even deeper...what if Moira and Xavier made a comatose clone of himself in case this even ever happened? The DNA would be exactly the same. Either way, his powers are mind based...not body based.
Chew on this for a while...I went deep on this one:)

chaseter said:
Deathstrike and Wolvie has the same mutation. How do you know his body didn't choose a some what of a copy of his original? Or even deeper...what if Moira and Xavier made a comatose clone of himself in case this even ever happened? The DNA would be exactly the same. Either way, his powers are mind based...not body based.

No. His mutation is body based. It's the result of a factor within the DNA of his body. His mutation simply takes the form of telepathy. If Storm was not in her own body she couldn't control the weather, even though she does so with her mind. Hence, like in the comics, when she switches bodies with the White Queen, she becomes a telepath and no longer has the ability to control the weather. Mutation is body based no matter what form it takes.

No they dont
they have similar powers.
They didnt say anything about clones.
And with clones there is Genetic Drift.
Its essential the same DNA, but it is not exact.
His powers still won't work.

It just doesn't matter. There are multiple times where Psychic-powered mutants have their bodies killed and they still exist as purely idealogical entities. There are also multiple incidents where bodies are taken over by various minds, and these new entities have their psychic powers.

BigMac said:
Watch, it will be a clone.

I'm sure you're right. As though having a cloned body stored for a rainy day isn't silly enough, having Xavier walking around in someone else's body (but with Patrick Stewart's voice), would just be plain bizarre.

if prof x managed to get into the body then he MUST still have his powers other wise this would be impossible the body only triggers mutation anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"