Xavier not really back.

If the body is his twin, maybe they have the same mutant potential?

BMM said:
No. His mutation is body based. It's the result of a factor within the DNA of his body. His mutation simply takes the form of telepathy. If Storm was not in her own body she couldn't control the weather, even though she does so with her mind. Hence, like in the comics, when she switches bodies with the White Queen, she becomes a telepath and no longer has the ability to control the weather. Mutation is body based no matter what form it takes.
Did you not read all of what I said?

were there ever any twin mutants in the comics that had EXACTLY the same mutation?

chaseter said:
Did you not read all of what I said?

I got what you were saying about the clone, and how he would have the same DNA, etc., which I agree with . . . but then you go back to say that his powers are mind based anyway, as though the body wouldn't matter . . . which to me, kind of negated the original statement you were trying to make.

I love how this concept is so new and shocking to the people that haven't read the comic. :D Welcome to the X-World guys.:up:

BMM said:
I got what you were saying about the clone, and how he would have the same DNA, etc., which I agree with . . . but then you go back to say that his powers are mind based anyway, as though the body wouldn't matter . . . which to me, kind of negated the original statement you were trying to make.
It is called PROTEUS! Read up.

Savage said:
I love how this concept is so new and shocking to the people that haven't read the comic. :D Welcome to the X-World guys.:up:
I have...and it is fun to watch em squirm.:)

Xaviers powers being mind based is stupid because he wouldn't have the X-gene. Your DNA can't give you mind based powers.

i read the comics and i cant recall mutant twins apart from a boy and a girl but its very vague

Both of those knock down the DNA theory circulating around here.

ampersand said:
Xaviers powers being mind based is stupid because he wouldn't have the X-gene. Your DNA can't give you mind based powers.
His DNA was what unlocked his powers. Using said powers he has been able to tap into the astral plane, which is why he can jump from body to body. This is how he controls people and even talks for them (Sabretooth and Toad for example). It would not be hard for him to make a jump and stay there...This is where his son Proteus gets his primary powers from. A form of this.

EDIT: Oh right, he's not his son in the regular continuity. Still though, similar concept.

chaseter said:
It is called PROTEUS! Read up.

I've read issues 125-128 thank you. Where in the world was I supposed to get Kevin MacTaggert out of this post?

chaseter said:
Deathstrike and Wolvie have the same mutation. How do you know his body didn't choose a some what of a copy of his original? Or even deeper...what if Moira and Xavier made a comatose clone of himself in case this even ever happened? The DNA would be exactly the same. Either way, his powers are mind based...not body based.

BMM said:
I've read issues 125-128 thank you. Where in the world was I supposed to get Kevin MacTaggert out of this post?
Proteus is another example of a mutant with psychic abilites going from body to body and still retaining his orignal powers. My other two thoughts about a clone and same powers were just how I thought the movieverse could explain Charle's mind jump.

I've been saying since Wednesday, the Visual Effects Supervisor told me that Patrick Stewart played the brain dead body, who was Charles' twin brother being looked after by Moira.

I get what you guys are talking about with the astral plane stuff but I don't think that's how it should work in the movies. Xavier living the rest of his life powerless but in a functioning body is way more interesting.

Besides, Proteus was a mutant who contained the ability to transplant his mind into other beings and use them as hosts . . . he was a being of pure psionic energy. That was his mutation--not Xavier's . . . nor was Moira's son in a body simply lying in a coma . . . he was an uber powerful neutralized within the confines of a chamber so that he wouldn't burn his body out.

anadinseawater said:
I've been saying since Wednesday, the Visual Effects Supervisor told me that Patrick Stewart played the brain dead body, who was Charles' twin brother being looked after by Moira.
See...then my theory holds true. Thank you. I knew it was either a clone or a twin. And I could tell that was Patrick on the bed.

Him coming back as Patrick Stewart makes it even worse. Stupid as hell.

Yet he still does it, BMM. And more importantly, PROFESSOR X TRANSFERRING TO A NEW BODY HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE.

There is precedent, and this discussion is pointless.

BMM said:
Besides, Proteus was a mutant who contained the ability to transplant his mind into other beings and use them as hosts . . . he was a being of pure psionic energy. That was his mutation--not Xavier's . . . nor was Moira's son in a body simply lying in a coma . . . he was an uber powerful neutralized within the confines of a chamber so that he wouldn't burn his body out.
No...Proteus could manipulate reality and had psychic abilites. He had so much power that his human body couldn't handle it. After he escaped the care of his mother...his body deteriorated and his mind jumped from host to host to stay alive.

Kotagg said:
Yet he still does it, BMM. And more importantly, PROFESSOR X TRANSFERRING TO A NEW BODY HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE.

There is precedent, and this discussion is pointless.

I never said he couldn't do it. I agreed with the clone theory if you read my above posts--I was simply pointing out that Proteus is a bad example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"