XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Multiplayer added to XCOM: Enemy Unknown iOS

(11 minutes ago)

A new update adding multiplayer is available for XCOM: Enemy Unknown on iOS. Multiplayer in XCOM on iOS is asynchronous, allowing players to conduct turns at their convenience.

The update also adds multiplayer leaderboards, optimizes the game for iOS 7 and fixes a few lingering bugs. And to celebrate this new update, XCOM: Enemy Unknown is on sale for $10 until October 13.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown made its debut on iOS back in June, in a full mobile port we found to be on par with the console and PC offering. XCOM: Enemy Within, a new expansion for the PC and console version of the game, is due on November 12.

and

GI Show 176: XCOM: Enemy Within Interview, Beyond: Two Souls

Podcast
b on Oct 10, 2013 at 07:00 PM
ps3-icon.png

In this week's episode we speak with the lead designer of XCOM: Enemy Within and debate Quantic Dream's polarizing Beyond: Two Souls.
... More

Source: iTunes& GI

Last edited:
XCOM: Enemy Within hands-on – encountering new enemies in Operation Devil’s Giant

8 Comments
at 01:27pm October 23 2013

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT
– this reveals a new type of alien for turn-based tactical add-on, XCOM: Enemy Within. If you’ve already decided that you’re getting the expansion and would rather encounter and adapt to it yourself, give this preview a miss. This hands-on focuses on one particular encounter, for additional in-depth overview of Enemy Within’s new features, you can also check out our other hands-on account.

All rise to salute the fallen. Sergeant Balls, start the bagpipes. AHEM. Lt. April “Congo” Palmer, slain by a Floater’s light plasma rifle in Operation Devil’s Giant. Eleven kills to her name. Squaddie Eric Stevens, mauled to death trying to taser a Chryssalid at melee range during Operation Flying Skull. My, my, what a mess that was. Lt. Shaojie Zhang, slain by a Thin Man at range in Operation Dark Vanguard. Rookie Dieter Kohler, strangled to death by a flying metal octopus During Operation Devil’s Giant.
Wait, flying metal octopus? Balls, stop the bagpipes. Colonel Jenkins, stop crying. Nobody told me anything about a flying goddamn octopus.

and here's some trailers

XCOM: Enemy Within

Preview

The XCOM expansion features alien genes, war machines, and brand new threats.
    Views: 3,307 | Posted: 10/23/2013

source: PC gamer & GT

Last edited:
source:GI

There was also a game play through video on HQ Defense from Game spot prior to this, but I can't put that up cause the freaking host from there has a potty mouth. It won't go over well to put it up here. As per the rules . So you can find that on your own. Sorry.

Last edited:

• GI Rating 9.25
    XCOM: Enemy Within

xbox360-icon.png

on Nov 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Firaxis has released an expansion that slides between Enemy Unknown’s cracks, filling in some gaps I didn’t even realize existed, further diversifying the tactics without disrupting XCOM’s delicate balance.
    ... More
source:GI

I can't even beat normal with zero deaths. lol

I was probably somewhere in the 20s, but yeah. I don't have the skill or the patience for Iron Man or classic mode.

I play Ironman by default but couldn't hack Classic, at least not immediately after finishing the game. Maybe next time.

A good way to avoid getting a perfect score is by purposely sacrificing soldiers...heh heh heh.

it's a little off topic from the norm here but this was interesting to hear about

XCOM: The Board Game combines tabletop play with digital enhancements

at 14:21 on 05 August 2014

Back in June, a man on the internet asked, "Why isn't there an XCOM tabletop game?" There is, as it turns out. But now there's a new kid on the XCOM board game block, and while I haven't played its predecessor and thus can't make any hard-and-fast judgments about which one is better, Fantasy Flight's upcoming XCOM: The Board Game sounds awfully promising.

And

source: Pc gamer & GI

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"