BvS You Can't Handle The Truth

Keep the lasso, and keep the truth portion of it. If Superman can shoot lasers out of his eyes on sketchy science, then we can have Wonder Woman and her powers exist on shaky mythology.

Do the comics even worry about explaining how or why Wonder Woman can exist in the same universe as Superman and Batman?

I just don't see the point of the lasso if it doesn't tell the truth. How is a regular lasso intimidating or useful as a weapon?

However, if in practice the magical abilities of the lasso come off as cheesy or campy, I wouldn't have a problem with them just ditching it altogether. It's not that important. But, she needs to have some kind of weapon other than her fists. She's not Superman. A sword and shield would work just fine for Wonder Woman, and I would still want them even if she kept her lasso.

Last edited:
I just don't see the point of the lasso if it doesn't tell the truth. How is a regular lasso intimidating or useful as a weapon?

However, if in practice the magical abilities of the lasso come off as cheesy or campy, I wouldn't have a problem with them just ditching it altogether. It's not that important. But, she needs to have some kind of weapon other than her fists. She's not Superman. A sword and shield would work just fine for Wonder Woman, and I would still want them even if she kept her lasso.

Ropes can be useful in combat. They can be used for self-defense and as actual weapons. The rope could stay...but I agree, I would like her to have a sword and shield as well.

Ropes can be useful in combat. They can be used for self-defense and as actual weapons. The rope could stay...but I agree, I would like her to have a sword and shield as well.

It just seems that up against modern weapons and other superpowered beings, a rope would be both overly time-consuming and insufficient to take on people with guns, armor or superpowers.

Last edited:
It just seems up against modern weapons and other superpowered beings, a rop would be both overly time-consuming and insufficient to take on people with guns, armor, or superpowers.

I don't think the rope should be her go to weapon, but I do think it's a useful piece of equipment. And depending on what she's dealing with, the rope could be immensely useful, like disarming someone, or perhaps using the rope to pull a missile away from a city. Stuff like that. And she could use it to snap people's necks. I expect we'll have that in all of Snyder's films from now on. :o

Keep the truth portion. It makes the lasso much more interesting, IMO.

I'd eliminate the truth thing. Superman is already way too convenient of a superhero to have Wonder Woman along his side with the ability to force people to tell the truth...

As long as it serves a good purpose with some kind of understanding of how/why it's there, I'm okay with the lasso and it's truth power. I've never really been a fan of it, but I can see how it can be made to work. I'm just pretty sure the ya and myself will laugh at a lasso of truth if it's there just for the hell of it. **** they'll probably laugh anyways.

1247140-wonder_woman_v2__219___page_19.jpg

1247142-wonder_woman_v2__219___page_21.jpg

Last edited:
I'd eliminate the truth thing. Superman is already way too convenient of a superhero to have Wonder Woman along his side with the ability to force people to tell the truth...

Right, which is why they've gotten rid of it in all the other versions of when Superman and Wonder Woman meet up.

So it's too convenient to have Superman and WW with her lasdo together in the same world? Welp that leaves out J'onn's shapeshifting and telepathy if that's our standard. It eliminates Zatanna, oh and GL too. In fact it nerfs a mess of people. Of course all the ridiculous conveniences inherent in Batman are somehow acceptable, right?

A true DCCU is upon us with the effort and money being put in to realize these characters in a way live action has never seen, but it sounds like some here would be happy with half assed versions of these characters. I don't get it.

So it's too convenient to have Superman and WW with her lasdo together in the same world? Welp that leaves out J'onn's shapeshifting and telepathy if that's our standard. It eliminates Zatanna, oh and GL too. In fact it nerfs a mess of people. Of course all the ridiculous conveniences inherent in Batman are somehow acceptable, right?

A true DCCU is upon us with the effort and money being put in to realize these characters in a way live action has never seen, but it sounds like some here would be happy with half assed versions of these characters. I don't get it.

It was more of a slap in the face to Superman than Wonder Woman. They're trying to establish a grounded reality for their Man of Steel to live in. The fact that he's godlike without any known weakness or vulnerabilities and the best powers imaginable makes giving Wonder Woman the ability to force the truth out of people seem like another addition to the convenience list. Let's hope they give Batman every piece of tech known to man all on his belt for last minute desperate situations while we're at it. Then they won't need the rest of the Justice League.

Not really, there's nothing in MOS that prevents the lasso from having it's powers. All that they have to do is provide a basic explanation for it. They tried to do the lasso without the truth powers in the 2011 WW pilot. To say that it didn't work out well would be a bit of an understatement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"