You Know Nothing Jon Snow

I hope Jon Snow and Arya make it through...as well as Bran from the Stark clan.

I agree with you on Snow and Arya. As for Bran, I can't stand his story. When the show cuts to him it's like watching a Kate episode in Lost. Or when the next chapter in the book is about him(I started reading the series about a week ago)I almost want to skim the pages to get it over with quickly.

Jon Snow is a shining light amongst the backstabbing demons of this show.

I hope Jon Snow and Arya make it through...
So do I. I would really love to see a reunion with Jon and Arya (though a simple reunion would be far far too positive an event for such a show, they'd be more likely to have it happen while someone was on their deathbed :oldrazz:) I just think, that for what little screen time they had together in that very first episode of the show, they really did show a good brother/sisterly bond (I've always wondered/suspected that, given the gift of Needle, if it was Jon that was teaching Arya archery).

Anywho... subject at hand, for the most part I've always loved Jon's story and thought that Kit has really had a chance to grow as an actor and grow the character of Jon particularly in this past season or two.

I just wish we could get more of Ghost with him (in regards to the Starks, can we include discussion of their direwolves in their human's character threads or do they need their own threads? *lol*)

Last edited:
I loved the scene between him and Arya. I assume Jon has more scenes with Arya in the books?

What are all the dire wolf names anyway? And how many are left? Just 2?

Direwolf names

Bran - Summer (alive)
Rickon - Shaggydog (alive)
Jon - Ghost (alive)
Arya - Nymeria (unknown)
Sansa - Lady (dead)
Robb - Grey Wind (dead)

Direwolf names

Bran - Summer (alive)
Jon - Ghost (alive)
Arya - Nymeria (unknown)
Sansa - Lady (dead)
Robb - Grey Wind (dead)

I forget what happened to arya's

I forget what happened to arya's
After she got in trouble with Joffrey/the butcher's boy, she told her to go away and threw a rock at her to make sure, so she wouldn't be killed as punishment. But then they had Sansa's wolf killed instead.

^ IIRC Ned was the one who killed (begrudgingly) Lady.
Yup. I believe because she was a creature of the North and he didn't want Illyn Payne doing it. Then (if I'm remembering correctly) he also didn't want Cersei ending up with her pelt and so after it was done ordered that Lady's remains be sent back north to Winterfell to be buried (that's in the book, not the show).

Anywho, back to Jon Snow, and excellent moment in that last episode of S4, I think:
BqQ_trOCUAAz-90.png:large

I love Jon Snow, he definitely is my favorite character...seeing how Ned is long gone lol. With this show I am preparing myself for the worst though, I don't want to get too attached after episode 9 of S1 and S3...

you haven't read the books Mr Bastard?

I thought you did.....

No. When it comes to books of fiction, my attention span is horrendous. :(

But if I were to search for some stuff, especially conversations between my fave characters such as Jon and Arya, then I would definitely just read for those conversations.

That's not him. It's a witch in disguise! Where is the beard and flowing locks???

Direwolf names

Bran - Summer (alive)
Jon - Ghost (alive)
Arya - Nymeria (unknown)
Sansa - Lady (dead)
Robb - Grey Wind (dead)

When was the last time Nymeria was seen?

Yup. I believe because she was a creature of the North and he didn't want Illyn Payne doing it. Then (if I'm remembering correctly) he also didn't want Cersei ending up with her pelt and so after it was done ordered that Lady's remains be sent back north to Winterfell to be buried (that's in the book, not the show).

Anywho, back to Jon Snow, and excellent moment in that last episode of S4, I think:
BqQ_trOCUAAz-90.png:large

A very good scene.

I agree with you on Snow and Arya. As for Bran, I can't stand his story. When the show cuts to him it's like watching a Kate episode in Lost. Or when the next chapter in the book is about him(I started reading the series about a week ago)I almost want to skim the pages to get it over with quickly.

I hear what you are saying. Glad they finally showed him being able to control Hodor/humans as well as animals.

Am I one of the few people who actually likes Bran chapters? They're our only gateway into the world of magic, White Walkers etc etc. I was immensely disappointed when I found out there was only 3 of his chapters in ADWD. One where nothing happens, the second which was covered in the finale, and a third where some stuff happens. Meh.

Bloodraven was always pretty cool in all the prequel novellas, so his reveal as the Three Eyed Crow increased my enthusiasm for Bran's chapters quite a bit.

What, Dunk and Egg? I should really read those.

Yep, you're missing a lot if you haven't read them. Aside from being great stories on their own, they set up some big elements that have come to play big time in ADWD. I read the D&E novellas as they came out, and they talk a lot about the Hand of the King and Master of Whispers Lord Bloodraven. Then we meet him in the third story. So when it turned out that the Three Eyed Crow was him all a long it was a pretty big mind ****.

tumblr_n88n51AcOo1tfg6jso1_500.jpg

As for Bran, I can't stand his story. When the show cuts to him it's like watching a Kate episode in Lost. Or when the next chapter in the book is about him(I started reading the series about a week ago)I almost want to skim the pages to get it over with quickly.

that's exactly how I feel about JON lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"