You Know Nothing Jon Snow

As the camera kept panning down to his face ...did you all notice a light or flame reflecting off his eyes? Could be Mel or was it just the light of the camera? Hmm.....

From a dream Jon had:

"Burning shafts hissed upwards, trailing tongues of fire. Scarecrow brothers tumbled down, black cloaks ablaze. Snow, an eagle cried, as foemen scuttled up the ice like spiders. Jon was armored in black ice, but his blade burned red in his fist...."

Draw your own conclusions.

Dragon glass armor and that magical sword that book stanis has a counterfeit of?

Spotted him in Belfast yesterday, he's defiantly still alive!

Jon Snow still being alive must be the worst-kept secret in the history of television.

It would be awesome if the first thing that Jon does after he is resurrected is stab & kill everyone that killed him & took control of the rest. Or he just kills everybody

tumblr_m68klhDdw81qi33l1o4_500.gif

Should Jon be indeed alive and should RL=J turn out to be true, what last name, if any would Jon take on? Targaryen? Stark? Would he found house Snowstark or Longclaw?

He would take his father's name, but just reminding you from previous page:
Some Fool said:
Man I know it all! Game of Thrones is popular due to not being your typical fantasy story with your Anakin Skywalker-trope hero who starts from nothing and becomes greatness. I understand majority of the fans want Jon to be a Targaryen and some fans even want Tyrion to be a Targaryen so they can all ride Dragons and whatnot, but this isn't Tolkien!

Therefore i'm still championing B + A = J and L + R = D. Imagen if this theory proves to be the correct one? The internet will be in sensation.

You don't want book Tyrion on a dragon. He's not in the best place to be given all of that power.

I'm telling you guys - the dreams from ADWD - Jon and Danaerys will probably tear Westeros apart in the Dance of Dragons 2.

He would take his father's name

Only if s/he's a trueborn son, which he can't be since Rhaegar was already married from when he met Lyanna all the way to his death.

Or if he was legitimized as a Targaryen. But who would?

Man I know it all! Game of Thrones is popular due to not being your typical fantasy story with your Anakin Skywalker-trope hero who starts from nothing and becomes greatness. I understand majority of the fans want Jon to be a Targaryen and some fans even want Tyrion to be a Targaryen so they can all ride Dragons and whatnot, but this isn't Tolkien!

Therefore i'm still championing B + A = J and L + R = D. Imagen if this theory proves to be the correct one? The internet will be in sensation.

I agree this not being a typical fantasy but Jon turning out to be a Targaryan by itself doesn't change that, nor is it high in the list of things that are typical fantasy.

Only if s/he's a trueborn son, which he can't be since Rhaegar was already married from when he met Lyanna all the way to his death.

Or if he was legitimized as a Targaryen. But who would?
Not exactly true. He could totally be legit, as he could have taken a second wife. There is precedent for it. Plus the fanbase is pretty sure this is where the weirwood and Bran's visions come in.

Also, it's worth noting that if you worship the Old Gods all you need for a marriage is to go before a heart tree as man and woman. They don't have priests and the like mucking it up with ceremony, so he wouldn't need to have any witnesses or permission from the Faith. It's quite possible Rhaegar wed her in secret somewhere with a Weirwood in the tradition of the Starks. Possibly at Harrenhall or perhaps in the Riverlands where Lyanna went missing and where blood of the First Men still holds some sway.

I agree this not being a typical fantasy but Jon turning out to be a Targaryan by itself doesn't change that, nor is it high in the list of things that are typical fantasy.

Yes it does, it's a nobody turning out to be the prince/lost rightful king.

It changes the character from a mere bastard (which he is) to Arthur/Aragorn.

Last edited:
So, I'm curious why the current reigning King in the North from House Stark still goes by Jon "Snow." It's not like there's some Maester or group of Northern priests who would insist that the king can't declare himself legitimate. I've got my theory on why Jon kept the Snow name, and I think it's a nice character thing, but what do you guys think?

Perhaps Jon feels it would be inappropriate and insulting to Robb and Ned if he took the name and "supplanted" the true-born Stark children as the main Stark line, and he feels that Sansa, Bran, and Arya should be the "Starks in Winterfell?"

where is Ghost?
unfortunately he seems to be lost in the land of 'being too expensive' (i.e. in Battle of the Bastards, due to cost, they had a choice of having either Wun-Wun or Ghost, they couldn't do both)...not to mention (at least in my opinion/view) it seems like the creators prefer the dragons more anyway (direwolves have seriously been shortchanged in this series.... which annoys me to no end)

unfortunately he seems to be lost in the land of 'being too expensive' (i.e. in Battle of the Bastards, due to cost, they had a choice of having either Wun-Wun or Ghost, they couldn't do both)...not to mention (at least in my opinion/view) it seems like the creators prefer the dragons more anyway (direwolves have seriously been shortchanged in this series.... which annoys me to no end)

I agree. Surely they could scrape up the cash. It's something the fans really want to see.

You know, it's interesting reading back through this thread and seeing Drz so adamant about the R+L=J theory not being true and that Jon wasn't a Targaryen or Azor Ahai and instead was so certain that Jon would be Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne's child while it's Dany that would be Rhaegar and Lyanna's child.

Seeing as how Drz hasn't posted since like May 2016, wonder what they think of how things ended up turning out with R+L=J being confirmed.

Perhaps Jon feels it would be inappropriate and insulting to Robb and Ned if he took the name and "supplanted" the true-born Stark children as the main Stark line, and he feels that Sansa, Bran, and Arya should be the "Starks in Winterfell?"

I think it might be that in his own head Jon rejected the Stark name. Stannis offered him Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North and legitimization as a Stark but Jon wanted to stay true to his vows. It wasn't until it was forced on him, first by his Brothers and then by Ramsay, that he was pushed into making a claim.

By becoming the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch Jon killed the boy who was pining to be Lord of Winterfell and became the man Jon Snow.

It'll be interesting to see his reaction if R+L = J is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"