You Like Something, Then You Don't....

Eggyman

The Oval Avenger
Reaction score
You know, like, you really really like something, and then, for whatever reason, it just loses its appeal. Maybe your tastes have changed.... Maybe the thing you used to like but now don't, maybe it's changed.... Maybe you've just seen sense and the thing you used to like never deserved to be liked and now you're mad at being silly and liking it for all that time...?

It happens all the time, but sometimes, like now with me, when it happens it leaves you rocking, sucking your thumb, saying: 'WTF? My life is a lie! Why can't the happy feeling come back while I'm with you?!'

It doesn't have to be about anything BIG, it can be...

• a chocolate bar
  • a drink
  • a haircut
  • a favourite colour
  • the smell of a particular something
  • a forum :o
  • a lover
  • a friend
  • an item of clothing :(
  • a red/green apple
  • a sexual position
  • a certain biscuit
...anything! It can be anything at all. So what does it for you? What makes you mad/sad/sick at not having the same feelings that you once did for a certain thing? It left you asking, 'Why can't I go back to The Way Things Were? Why, WHY can't I love you like I did all those moments ago?' Can you let it go? Did you let it go? Did you keep going back to that warm fuzzy place even though it was no longer warm and fuzzy ... just out of habit and loyalty? Just because you didn't want to admit to the fact that you actually no longer care for it the way you once did?

Did you realise it all of a sudden, or did it creep up on you like a ninja with a dodgy hip? Do you remember where you were at the time you realised, 'Hey, I don't like [insert thing] any more!'? Or maybe it did happen suddenly but your denial cushioned the blow and the reailty took a while to sink in, and all the time you were happy with your object when really you weren't. Then you're left feeling cheated because Dr Pepper sucks and it has done for quite some time.

I'm about ready to let go of my thing because I've drained all the joy out of it I possibly can ... it's a sad time, but kinda empowering in a strange way. :cwink:

Typically when people who generally don't listen to a band and then discovers them over 9000 years later than me and basically ruin the quality of that song by playing it every where.

No fair Eggy. You can't tease us by telling us about your "thing" without revealing your "thing".

No fair Eggy. You can't tease us by telling us about your "thing" without revealing your "thing".

Furry muff.

My thing is ... the hype. There, I said it. And I'm not complaining about the place, honest, I hate that. I just don't get the enjoyment I once did. It's a bit of both that's changed - me and the site - I recognise that, but we've moved in different directions.

You?

When I was six, I liked the Spice Girls. I immensely regret it now. :csad:

I liked my mother's cooking when I was young. Now, I find it subpar at best. Although to be fair, I am not the only who feels this way.

I enjoyed fast food as well, and now I can't stand going to McDonald's etc.

I agree about the Hype. my enjoyment factor of this site went down a couple of notches since last summer.

It's the "Dark Knight's hype is over" effect. :o

It's the "Dark Knight's hype is over" effect. :o

I started getting sick of this site when TDK hype was at an all time high around May and June last year. I hated the hype for that movie.

WWF (E) Wrestling. About 5 or 6 years ago it was all I watched.....until I found out it was all fake.

Did your world come crashing down all around you?

No, not particularly since Ive always had the suspicion.

Heavy metal......it was all I listened to and then I just stopped listening. Some of it is still okay to listen to, but I choose other music to listen to now.

Happens to me a lot with clothing, which can be expensive. I'll get sick of something after wearing it once, or after washing it once, the material turns into sandpaper.

Last edited:
I used to love marshmallow Peeps... now they taste like pure ****.

My thing is ... the hype. There, I said it. And I'm not complaining about the place, honest, I hate that. I just don't get the enjoyment I once did. It's a bit of both that's changed - me and the site - I recognise that, but we've moved in different directions.

Eggy nooooo! Don't get me wrong, almost everyone can see SHH is probably on it's way out, but you cannot abandon ship! You're one of the few people I still bother Hype stalking, you've gotta stick with it, just think of it as a loveless marriage, the years have gone by and everything is changed for the worse, but you stay in the safety of it until th sweet release of death! Think of the children Eggy. :(

i actually went back and forth with the hype. i was on alot...then i lost interest...now im back on again. im sure i'll lose interest again.

i actually went back and forth with the hype. i was on alot...then i lost interest...now im back on again. im sure i'll lose interest again.

Same here. Now I just mainly pm.

WWF (E) Wrestling. About 5 or 6 years ago it was all I watched.....until I found out it was all fake.

I think alot of people stop watching becuase they feel cheated but I never felt that way about it.

Funny story -- I used to love Wrestling. RAW, WWE -- you name it. Hell, I even remember "the new TNN!"

Then one day when I was about eight, I was watching and something "clicked". It wasn't fun or entertaining anymore, just stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"