"you might not come home, she might not come home." What happened to that?

Red

King Littlefinger
Reaction score
Seemed to a be a quite strong line in the trailers but was oddly missing from X3.

Red X said:
Seemed to a be a quite strong line in the trailers but was oddly missing from X3.

You know, I didn't realise that until just know. A lot of the stuff fromt he trailers wasn't in the movie.

Yeah, it was simply cut out. As to why, I guess we'll never know.

I was thinking about that the other day, in the TV spots an teasers we hear this line, what I think was that line was part of the (alternant) rogue doesn't take the cure ending, which they were still trying to keep under wraps of which end they would go with.

^ When he says "she might not come home" I always thought eh was referring to Kitty, because Rogue wasn't even there.

Mothling said:
^ When he says "she might not come home" I always thought eh was referring to Kitty, because Rogue wasn't even there.
thats what I am thinking, that line could of been meant to be talking about rogue, and scine rogue wasn't in that scene in the movie, it got cut, though, it still could of work with him talking about kitty (and could of been lift in), when I saw the teaser I natural assumed he was talking about rogue. (I don't remeber that scene that in the teaser that clearly, if they showed that it was bobby and kitty in the shot or not, I thought that line was just a vioce over in the teaser)
edit: you know what, ya, I just looked up one othe tease and there is a shot of him saying it to kitty, I didn't remember that scene. still it was a decent thoery of mine, and it was enough to make me not question it, oh well, i guess i'l just go back to wondering why it was cut.

I read somewhere that it was cut because it didn't sound like a very inspirational speech for Wolverine to give before going into battle. So they just did the "We're X-Men" speech instead.

Heh, you've got a point. I really wasnt very inspirational at all, but still...

Optic Blast said:
I read somewhere that it was cut because it didn't sound like a very inspirational speech for Wolverine to give before going into battle. So they just did the "We're X-Men" speech instead.

that makes scent, though, I didn't think it was suppose to be a inspirational speech it was him warning them, and it fit in with the theme of choices, making the right choice, choosing what is right for you.
I felt it was kinda out of place for wolverine to take to a leadership role like that.

It was out of place, I agree with you. It would've suited far more to have been said by Storm, after-all, it was her who was worried that they weren't ready at the beginning of the movie after the Danger Room, and Wolverine couldn't care less.

I always thought "she might not come back" was referring to Jean.

I doubt he was referring to Jean. I'm sure Bobby felt something for her, but the whole point of what Wolverine was saying was that the battle was serious and that Bobby really could possibly die and so could Kitty (because he knew he cared about her).

I thought it was between bobby and (kitty? thats the way it seemed in the trailers, but then again who knows). I can actually picture "tough guy" wolverine saying it more, even if it isnt that inspirational. :p Good old fashioned tough guy pessimism.

What other lines were cut that were in the trailers?

3/4 of all the trailers aren't in the movie.

I aways thought it referred to Rogue but that she might not come home after taking the cure. Sounds stupid but it's another way of looking at it.

That could be, but I assumed it went with the title, like take a stand or something. Going into battle I guess.

Hey you guys are right. I thought "she may not come home" implied Jean, but Logan was talking about Kitty to Bobby. Even more amazing to see just how concerned they are about their fellow teammates! I'm so glad I'm not the one that they need to rescue!!!

Something else about the title, The Last Stand. I noticed that most of the time the meaning implied taking a stand AGAINST something. in this care against Magneto. It's a shame they didn't try to make a stand, FOR someone instead.

Majik1387 said:
3/4 of all the trailers aren't in the movie.

Then it's false advertising. THey're getting us excited about seeing a movie using snips and details about the movie that won't be in the movie. When you lie about the stuff you're selling on Ebay or in newspapers, it's a crime.

I'm glad it wasn't in the film. Logan had no business saying it anyway.

That line belonged to Scott. And if he wasn't available, Storm should have been the one to teach those children that lesson.

Even the little bit Logan did say there had me rolling my eyes in theatre. :rolleyes:

PikaZeroX said:
There were too many times during this film where I thought that.

me too

20.gif

The line was cut because it was supposed to be a part of the Bobby/Kitty romance, which was cut entirely from the film. Bobby kinda leaves Rogue for Kitty in that subplot, so Logan is telling Bobby that either him or Kitty may not come home from Alcatraz.

didn't notice the missing line.....thank god it wasn't there.

It would have been more Wolverine-like to say the "You might not come home" line... afterall, in the comics and cartoons, Wolverine is always looking out for the younger members like Kitty and Jubilee. And the movies showed that attitude towards Rogue, at least in the first one.

Red X said:

I agree. I honestly thought that would be a strong scene, but it just seemed as rushed as the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"