Wolverine VS. Sentinel clip

X-Maniac said:
Nothing's wrong with Tom & Jerry... But that music is not suited for X3... !!!
Simon has already said that its just temporary music...

pt_photo_inc said:
two spot lights from the chest? find the picture above? i think they screwed up
No, they didn't, you can clearly see them in the concept pics.:)

Hitch-Hiker said:
Hmm, I'm a little late on this thread but here's my view anyway. I didn't think much of the clip. Colossus looked weird, sort of watery, I dunno. Wolverines' lines were far too campy and comedic for my liking. It seemed like a serious enough scene and then it's spoiled by him saying "That was my last cigar". The Sentinels headlights were kinda crap too. Sometimes it's a good idea to hide the monster, but not here. You really need to see it in all it's glory to realise the manace of it. Hopefully this is a rough cut, and the finished product will be better. I doubt this small scene is indicative of the feel of the entire film, but it does leave me a little worried for what is to come.

Kinberg responded on the xverse boards.

*The clip is not a real scene from the film, but part of a much much longer sequence that was chopped down to grab Hugh’s moments. If you were to take sequences from X1 or X2 and hack them up to feature one character, I’m sure they would feel a little jagged too. Wolverine’s attitude throughout this franchise has often been apathy or condescension when it comes to X-Men activities. We were simply trying to remain true to his persona from the previous films, and from the comics.

rashad said:
Kinberg responded on the xverse boards.

*The clip is not a real scene from the film, but part of a much much longer sequence that was chopped down to grab Hugh’s moments. If you were to take sequences from X1 or X2 and hack them up to feature one character, I’m sure they would feel a little jagged too. Wolverine’s attitude throughout this franchise has often been apathy or condescension when it comes to X-Men activities. We were simply trying to remain true to his persona from the previous films, and from the comics.

That's a relief even though I didn't mind the clip.

Symbiotica said:
Oh. My. God.

And I don't mean that in a good way. That is an "OMG" of sheer horror.
Kinberg said that the clip was unfinished and cut and pasted...so don't worry.

Symbiotica said:
Its not the quality of the clip, its the dialog. I can see we are -still- not past the "What happens when a toad gets struck by lightning?.... the same thing that happens to everything else!" style of dialog. We had improvements on that with X2, but I see now we're right back at square one. [cringe]

:down: on the dialog, :down: :down: :down:

Also disliked the "fastball special," Colossus did not wind up nearly enough with that, he tossed Wolverine into the air as if he were a paper airplane.

In my opinion this is a very damaging clip, but if diehard X-fans are happy with it then c'est la vie for me.
The dialogue wasn't great for three reasons.
1. It was cut and edited to give Hugh Jackman's character most of the lines to show the clip on the Tonight Show.
2. Wolverine knows it is the DR, hence not real, and could not give a dump about what is going on.
3. Storm knows the exercise is to allow the younger mutants to gain experience and is trying to stop Logan from doing things on his own.

i thin kyour the first person to complain that the fast ball didn't wind up enough. Last i recall there where complaints about the way he was tossed (which is more realistic in the clip as opposed to the comic book version)

gambitfire said:
i thin kyour the first person to complain that the fast ball didn't wind up enough. Last i recall there where complaints about the way he was tossed (which is more realistic in the clip as opposed to the comic book version)

lol, yea , lets be thankful ole colossus didnt prop logan up on his shoulder and launch him thrusting off logans booty!

Spidey 2007 said:
lol, yea , lets be thankful ole colossus didnt prop logan up on his shoulder and launch him thrusting off logans booty!
then i would of ROTFLMAO
ROFLMAO.gif

gambitfire said:
then i would of ROTFLMAO
ROFLMAO.gif
me too....

then id cry myself to sleep :down

but thankfully tis alot cooler. and we havnt even seen the finished workfor colossus, so i imagine everything will look crazy, not to mention add in WAY better music, it will be a great experience and one that nobody will mind. i dont see it leaving a bad taste in anyones mouth CONSIDERING the wire work for the previous films also was rather lackluster....it ONLY fits in :):up: :up:

can not frigggggin wait until may 26th, really, its becoming impossible to live this out right now.

Spidey 2007 said:
me too....

then id cry myself to sleep :down

but thankfully tis alot cooler. and we havnt even seen the finished workfor colossus, so i imagine everything will look crazy, not to mention add in WAY better music, it will be a great experience and one that nobody will mind. i dont see it leaving a bad taste in anyones mouth CONSIDERING the wire work for the previous films also was rather lackluster....it ONLY fits in :):up: :up:

can not frigggggin wait until may 26th, really, its becoming impossible to live this out right now.

yea everything is looking nicer like in the clip where juggs throws wolverine through jean's house that had excellent timing. So hopefully for the final product the launch looks well timed and accelerated.

Yea my friends are telling me too shut up about how good this movie is going to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"