You nearly had me.....

Mandon Knight

We did it......
Reaction score
In light of me watching The Game for the first time in at least 10 years (I’d forgotten virtually everything about it, in terms of how they got where they get too), and when they got there last night, I was mightily frustrated by the ending, so….the purposes of this thread. Films that didn’t meet the potential you thought it had in them.

The build up in The Game I thought was well handled, nicely balanced without giving TOO much away and then…that ending.

So what are your choices for films that the build up and story let you down, come the final reel.

The Maze Runner was a solid movie with an interesting premise. The first sequel
moved away from the maze running premise, instead being more general post-apocalyptic, and it wasn't as good as the first one, but I was still enjoying it. I wanted the main character Thomas to get with the girl from the first movie Teresa. They introduced this other girl Brenda who liked him, but it didn't seem like anything would happen there. Then at the end of the movie Teresa betrayed their whole group for the corporation they were opposed to and left with them, which ruined the movie for me.

In the third movie, they're fighting that corporation, and it turns out that Thomas' blood could cure this disease that was central to the series, so he gives himself up to the corporation so they can make the cure, basically rejecting Brenda in the process. He ends up having to fight and kill this badguy, and Teresa sides with him, and they reconcile and have feelings for each other. And at this point, Teresa is seemingly the only person left who can make the cure. So it's all set up for them to escape and for Teresa to make the cure from his blood and for them to actually get the cure to the people who need it, which would resolve everything. I still didn't like that she was a traitor, but at least the movie would work and the trilogy could be salvaged. Instead, the corporation's headquarters are blown up, killing Teresa. So she's dead, the whole romance there is done, Thomas's blood is the cure but it doesn't matter because he's at a sanctuary away from the disease with his remaining friends, and why did I even need to watch the whole climax of the film with him turning himself over if the headquarters were going to get blown up regardless?

So yeah, everything after the first movie was just a waste of time, as far as I'm concerned. That's a two-for-one deal on movie-ruining endings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"