"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Well this will all depend on when Thanos is used as a main antagonist for the Avengers and with Guardians of the Galaxy set to debut before the next Avengers film along with the possibility that Thanos will be first better established in that film, that makes me think that Thanos will be a force to be actively reckoned with in the upcoming Avengers Sequel.

Plus, I personally still don't think that we'll have Surtur as the main villain for Thor 2 and that he'll be fully revealed and used in Thor 3.

Well this will all depend on when Thanos is used as a main antagonist for the Avengers and with Guardians of the Galaxy set to debut before the next Avengers film along with the possibility that Thanos will be first better established in that film, that makes me think that Thanos will be a force to be actively reckoned with in the upcoming Avengers Sequel.

Plus, I personally still don't think that we'll have Surtur as the main villain for Thor 2 and that he'll be fully revealed and used in Thor 3.

Personally, I think Thanos will be around for a whiile..Surtur will atleast have a presence. We'll see. I think he is saved for 3 as well. But the synopsis proves otherwise

Thanos doesn't have to be more powerful than Odin to be a threat, because The Avengers are nowhere near Odin's level of power.

Thanos doesn't have to be more powerful than Odin to be a threat, because The Avengers are nowhere near Odin's level of power.

No, he doesn't. But his point is that if he is someone Odin can handle, why wouldn't Odin just handle it? and if Surtur is even MORE powerful than Odin, killing him, who is in turn far more powerful than Thanos, how can Thanos be considered a legitimate threat if Odin can stop him, along with there being a being powerful enough to kill Odin as well? Not to mention, said being (surtur) wants to destroy the 9 realms. Something Thanos has in mind as well. I think that is the conflict here.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Thanos will be around for a whiile..Surtur will atleast have a presence. We'll see. I think he is saved for 3 as well. But the synopsis proves otherwise

I think it's possible that Surtur will have the same presence in TDW that Thanos had in the first Avengers film where his presence and his involvement with the presented main villain of Thor 2 will have a strong influence on what happens and how the villains are motivated in doing what they do.

I think it's possible that Surtur will have the same presence in TDW that Thanos had in the first Avengers film where his presence and his involvement with the presented main villain of Thor 2 will have a strong influence on what happens and how the villains are motivated in doing what they do.

Yeah. Though, I think there will be a bit of a heavier influence. I personally think Surtur may actually have lines in this movie. I am onboard with Surtur being the one to turn Algrim into Kurse. Certainly if they show it happen, they can give this..mystery guy a voice without showing him.

Though I think he will be mentioned by name in the movie.

Only to appear in an after credit scene like this, this is how I see an after credit scene setting up a movie based off the surtur arc from the simonson run:

Its dark..we hear a bang, about 5 or 6 seconds later we hear another bang. Now in this HUGE area, there is fire around, but its not bright enough to see what is in the middle, however we can see a large sillhouette, he is hitting something with a hammer, like he is welding something. It takes say...15 seconds for the camera to make its way to this area, we then see this sillhoutte strike with the hammer 2 or 3 times, the sound of the welding is loud. He then puts down the hammer, and picks up a giant sword, as the sword becomes engulfed in flames, we see the head of this giant being being become engulfed in flames as well, revealing horns, the flames light him up, and we see a read body, though the entire scene is from the back of him, it becomes light enough for anyone to tell that this is the fire demon (hopefully) referenced earlier in the film :D

Its dark..we hear a bang, about 5 or 6 seconds later we hear another bang. Now in this HUGE area, there is fire around, but its not bright enough to see what is in the middle, however we can see a large sillhouette, he is hitting something with a hammer, like he is welding something. It takes say...15 seconds for the camera to make its way to this area, we then see this sillhoutte strike with the hammer 2 or 3 times, the sound of the welding is loud. He then puts down the hammer, and picks up a giant sword, as the sword becomes engulfed in flames, we see the head of this giant being being become engulfed in flames as well, revealing horns, the flames light him up, and we see a read body, though the entire scene is from the back of him, it becomes light enough for anyone to tell that this is the fire demon (hopefully) referenced earlier in the film :D

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot:

On a side note, with the new batch of photos showing Chris as Thor in England, I believe this will be the first time where we've seen Thor with actual scratches and blood shown on his face while he's fully powered. Now, the Hulk did give him a nosebleed but it was small and Thor wiped it away easily and while Loki did stab him, we never saw the wound after he had taken out the knife.

On a side note, with the new batch of photos showing Chris as Thor in England, I believe this will be the first time where we've seen Thor with actual scratches and blood shown on his face while he's fully powered. Now, the Hulk did give him a nosebleed but it was small and Thor wiped it away easily and while Loki did stab him, we never saw the wound after he had taken out the knife.

yeah. I don't think dark elves are capable of doing that to him. It very well may be against Kurse.

You know something, I may go far ahead and say thor in the mcu may very well be more durable than hulk.

Or atleast, pound for pound, he is definitally more durable

yeah. I don't think dark elves are capable of doing that to him. It very well may be against Kurse.

You know something, I may go far ahead and say thor in the mcu may very well be more durable than hulk.

Well Thor is definitely the strongest "reliable" hero within the MCU. Heck, even though the Hulk proved his valor as a hero and valuable member for the team, I think that if SHIELD had to choose between the two on who they'd feel more comfortable working with, it would definitely be Thor.

Plus, Thor's really the only hero that has not been taken to his absolute physical limits yet which can't be said for the other heroes.

Well Thor is definitely the strongest "reliable" hero within the MCU. Heck, even though the Hulk proved his valor as a hero and valuable member for the team, I think that if SHIELD had to choose between the two on who they'd feel more comfortable working with, it would definitely be Thor.

Plus, Thor's really the only hero that has not been taken to his absolute physical limits yet which can't be said for the other heroes.

Yeah, apparently a pissed off Hulk in the carrier isn't it, which says a lot for his durability.

i watched the fight between the two in slow motion, and if you relly slow down and watch it, it becomes clear how clumbsy Hulk is. That first punch the throws at thor, thor dodges it, and hulk almost fell when his punch didn't connect, his back was to thor for a second, after thor hit him, hulk just flailed his arms before thor caught his punch

I don't want those scratches to be from average Dark Elves either, I want them to be from Kurse himself.

I don't want those scratches to be from average Dark Elves either, I want them to be from Kurse himself.

Naaahhhh... it was probably just-

surprisedkitty.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, apparently a pissed off Hulk in the carrier isn't it, which says a lot for his durability.

i watched the fight between the two in slow motion, and if you relly slow down and watch it, it becomes clear how clumbsy Hulk is. That first punch the throws at thor, thor dodges it, and hulk almost fell when his punch didn't connect, his back was to thor for a second, after thor hit him, hulk just flailed his arms before thor caught his punch

The difference there is that Thor is a seasoned fighter who has been honing his skills for a millennium, whereas Banner/Hulk is a scientist-turned-rage monster who is more of a all-in brawler with no fighting skills other than brute strength. Thor can out-think, outmaneuver and out-fight Hulk, who depends on sheer power.

is that the sound of the welding!?

Nah, it's a reference to how the foreshadowing of Surtur was presented in the Simonson run.

This article talks about it as #10 on their list. So just scroll down a little bit on the link to see several panels of it. http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/04/12/walt-simonson-thor/

Looking at that list again makes me wonder if they might have an opening scene like this too :yay: As the article says, it gives the audience a sense of what a huge challenge he'll be to Thor and fam.

Me too, Not sure why unless HE wasn't sure what damage the bullets could do to HIM.

Last edited:
Why did Thor take cover from jet gunfire. It really bothered me.

Why? Dude had no idea what was coming out him. He just sees this giant mechanized flying ship firing salvo at him. The whole reason he was there in the first place was to distract the Hulk and no the jet was doing that.

Nah, it's a reference to how the foreshadowing of Surtur was presented in the Simonson run.

This article talks about it as #10 on their list. So just scroll down a little bit on the link to see several panels of it. http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/04/12/walt-simonson-thor/

Looking at that list again makes me wonder if they might have an opening scene like this too :yay: As the article says, it gives the audience a sense of what a huge challenge he'll be to Thor and fam.

I know lol that is what I was talking about, that "DOOM" was the sound of him welding twilight. which would be a great way to start the film off!

What I would like to see, this is far fetched, but maybe 3 or 4 times through out the film. We randomly get that DOOM and it literally shakes the 9 realms! just a few random spots through out the movie. I think that would be friggin awesome

yeah, he may be impervious to bullets, but I'm sure getting shot by a fighter jet is still annoying as s**t

Yeah but that jet MAY have been Armed with Hulk piercing Bullets lol

Something interesting I've been considering. There is a bus on the new set pics with a movie clearly titled "Moral Sacrifice" advertised on it. This is very very likely something that is a hint as to what is in store for Thor to deal with in Thor 2. I would be very very surprised if it wasn't. How do you think that "moral sacrifice" might influence the story for Thor in Thor 2?

And I dont believe it's just a random movie title, "self sacrifice" was clearly a theme for Thor in Thor 1, so seems like a story about "moral sacrifice" is a likely follow up. My theory with some recent spoilers so tags...

at the moment the theory I have, explains why Thor is alone fighting the Dark Elves and Malekith in these new scenes filming now. If he is asked by Odin to let the Dark Elves have Midgard, because there is so much bad going on in Asgard and the other realms. With the fighting in Bourne Woods shown a while back, it seems like there may be another non elf army threatening everyone else as well, and so it's seen as "for the greater good" that Thor just stay on fighting for Asgard and to help fight off this army, and ignore for now what happens to Midgard. But this is not a "moral sacrifice" Thor can accept. He vowed to defend Midgard and wont stand by and let it be taken over or destroyed, and so he deserts Asgard willingly, and defies father again, and goes down to defend Earth against the Dark Elves anyway. This would certainly make Odin less likely to make him King if he seems he's more invested in saving and protecting another realm than staying and defending Asgard and getting the other threat back under control. but at the same time, I can't see Thor doing any less than trying to defend Earth in such a situation. So... thoughts?

Last edited:
Something interesting I've been considering. There is a bus on the new set pics with a movie clearly titled "Moral Sacrifice" advertised on it. This is very very likely something that is a hint as to what is in store for Thor to deal with in Thor 2. I would be very very surprised if it wasn't. How do you think that "moral sacrifice" might influence the story for Thor in Thor 2?

And I dont believe it's just a random movie title, "self sacrifice" was clearly a theme for Thor in Thor 1, so seems like a story about "moral sacrifice" is a likely follow up. My theory with some recent spoilers so tags...

at the moment the theory I have, explains why Thor is alone fighting the Dark Elves and Malekith in these new scenes filming now. If he is asked by Odin to let the Dark Elves have Midgard, because there is so much bad going on in Asgard and the other realms. With the fighting in Bourne Woods shown a while back, it seems like there may be another non elf army threatening everyone else as well, and so it's seen as "for the greater good" that Thor just stay on fighting for Asgard and to help fight off this army, and ignore for now what happens to Midgard. But this is not a "moral sacrifice" Thor can accept. He vowed to defend Midgard and wont stand by and let it be taken over or destroyed, and so he deserts Asgard willingly, and defies father again, and goes down to defend Earth against the Dark Elves anyway. This would certainly make Odin less likely to make him King if he seems he's more invested in saving and protecting another realm than staying and defending Asgard and getting the other threat back under control. but at the same time, I can't see Thor doing any less than trying to defend Earth in such a situation. So... thoughts?

That would be interesting and great to see if it did happen.

I always did think that there might be something that happens in this film that will cause Thor to leave Asgard by the end of the film and stay on Earth which would allow him to become more established as a hero on Earth to its inhabitants and that we wouldn't have to wait to see Thor appear on screen once the Avengers 2 came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"