"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Ya. Or he may just do it when there isn't others around.

Idk, I feel like when it comes to a big battle, aside from one or two attacks, it will be like what we saw in the frost giant battle. A lot of hitting and throwing, and not so much weather related stuff

Yeah I think so too, I won't really mind if Thor throws a few punches and super powered body slams.

Yeah I think so too, I won't really mind if Thor throws a few punches and super powered body slams.

And thankfully this time around, I don't think anyone has to worry about getting Frostbites from making physical contact with the enemy as well.

If "Man of Steel" didn't already do it, given that we may have some Fire Demons present within "Thor 2", I would have loved to have seen a shot where the demons shoot intense flames at Thor's body, only for Thor's body to be covered in flames and yet for him to show no signs of being affected by them.

Also, another thing that I hope for is that by the end of this film, they have Thor realize that he needs to be on Earth more often and not just go there whenever a universal threat takes place there. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but Loki made a interesting comment to Thor back in "The Avengers" where Loki rebuked Thor's claim to Earth being under his protection with humanity itself was destroying themselves from their own actions.

Also, another thing that I hope for is that by the end of this film, they have Thor realize that he needs to be on Earth more often and not just go there whenever a universal threat takes place there. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but Loki made a interesting comment to Thor back in "The Avengers" where Loki rebuked Thor's claim to Earth being under his protection with humanity itself was destroying themselves from their own actions.

As much as Thor wants to be Earth's protector and champion, he can hardly hope to prevent humanity from engaging in conflict and war without resorting to the sort of dictatorial rule Loki attempted. Nor, truly, would Thor want to force humans to behave as he wished. His goal is to protect the Earth from massive threats it cannot withstand, such as Loki's own army invading from space. That was Thor's point when he said, "Then you miss the truth of ruling, brother. Throne would suit you ill." Thor is a protector, not a dictator, something Loki cannot understand.

and if you read the Thor: Lord of Midgard arc, thor learned that the hard way :)

I loved that arc

I am currently reading siege, I have never read it in its entirety. Can't believe it

And thankfully this time around, I don't think anyone has to worry about getting Frostbites from making physical contact with the enemy as well.

If "Man of Steel" didn't already do it, given that we may have some Fire Demons present within "Thor 2", I would have loved to have seen a shot where the demons shoot intense flames at Thor's body, only for Thor's body to be covered in flames and yet for him to show no signs of being affected by them.

That would be SPECTACULAR, I would literally jump out of my seat and scream "DAMNNNNNN!".

As much as Thor wants to be Earth's protector and champion, he can hardly hope to prevent humanity from engaging in conflict and war without resorting to the sort of dictatorial rule Loki attempted. Nor, truly, would Thor want to force humans to behave as he wished. His goal is to protect the Earth from massive threats it cannot withstand, such as Loki's own army invading from space. That was Thor's point when he said, "Then you miss the truth of ruling, brother. Throne would suit you ill." Thor is a protector, not a dictator, something Loki cannot understand.

And I agree with that; I just meant that it wouldn't hurt for Earth to have Thor on it more often since I'm sure there would be Earth Based disasters or events that could use Thor's abilities to help prevent it without Thor crossing a line of becoming a dictator like being.

I mean case in point, if Odin had known about how much trouble the Cube was back on Earth during Steve Rogers time in the 40's, where people like Hydra were using it to start wars and such, then shouldn't it have been Odin's responsibility to retrieve the cube back then in order to avoid further bloodshed?

So I'm just getting that without overdoing it, Thor could be on Earth more often instead of just only appearing when the big bad things happen from outside of it.

I agree. It's good for Earth's growth to tackle its own problems to the extent it can, with Thor there to assist if threats emerge that are beyond Earth's current capability.

That could also possibly be a reason why he doesn't exercise his full power when fighting alongside the rest of the Avengers, and let some of the others appear to be the key members. He's not trying to do the task for them, but rather keep everyone from being overwhelmed.

And I agree with that; I just meant that it wouldn't hurt for Earth to have Thor on it more often since I'm sure there would be Earth Based disasters or events that could use Thor's abilities to help prevent it without Thor crossing a line of becoming a dictator like being.

I mean case in point, if Odin had known about how much trouble the Cube was back on Earth during Steve Rogers time in the 40's, where people like Hydra were using it to start wars and such, then shouldn't it have been Odin's responsibility to retrieve the cube back then in order to avoid further bloodshed?

So I'm just getting that without overdoing it, Thor could be on Earth more often instead of just only appearing when the big bad things happen from outside of it.

Ya. But at that point I would think he has to have the power to open portals at that point

I agree. It's good for Earth's growth to tackle its own problems to the extent it can, with Thor there to assist if threats emerge that are beyond Earth's current capability.

That could also possibly be a reason why he doesn't exercise his full power when fighting alongside the rest of the Avengers, and let some of the others appear to be the key members. He's not trying to do the task for them, but rather keep everyone from being overwhelmed.

and simply not wanting to harm others...like in the hulk fight.

The only time we really saw Thor kind of cutting loose was in the frost giant fight. And when he destroyed what seemed like a city size landscape. A feat which, in my opinion, is the biggest display of power we have seen, and has yet to be matched by anyone in the MCU so far. I feel like that's over looked, he destroyed a city size land scape in one hit.

Honestly, if he cuts loose and fights like that, Thor may be able to hold his own against the other avengers combined lol

and simply not wanting to harm others...like in the hulk fight.

Yes, certainly. I was thinking of all the Avengers facing an external enemy, Thor letting the others taking the lead and looking like the primary heroes. But at least for part of the Hulk fight, he's still trying to talk Banner down.

The only time we really saw Thor kind of cutting loose was in the frost giant fight. And when he destroyed what seemed like a city size landscape. A feat which, in my opinion, is the biggest display of power we have seen, and has yet to be matched by anyone in the MCU so far. I feel like that's over looked, he destroyed a city size land scape in one hit.

Honestly, if he cuts loose and fights like that, Thor may be able to hold his own against the other avengers combined lol

Naturally! lol

Yeah, I hope we get big feats like that! And big craters!

Hell yes, nothing says "super strength" like craters being created from your attacks.

and as you are about to say...one like at 2:22 into that blade and dracula fight, right? :word:

and as you are about to say...one like at 2:22 into that blade and dracula fight, right? :word:

Nah I believe I've said that enough, but yeah hopefully craters like that one.

Last edited:
I think they'll continue to up the action and physical displays. They established things in the first movie and showed some new tricks in The Avengers. The ground work is there to really open things up now and I think they will.

I think they'll continue to up the action and physical displays. They established things in the first movie and showed some new tricks in The Avengers. The ground work is there to really open things up now and I think they will.

Yep Thor had far more pure strength feats in TA, hell before TA people were doubting MCU Thor's strength was Spider-Man level.

If the rumors about Thor gathering a army from the 9 realms is true, can't wait to see on how they play on Thor's ability to actually conduct a form of diplomacy from a Royal Standpoint on film.

Thor should definitely be allowed to give some heroic/motivating general/leader-like speech to his soldiers as they go off into the battlefield; something like Aragorn's one in ROTK

If the rumors about Thor gathering a army from the 9 realms is true, can't wait to see on how they play on Thor's ability to actually conduct a form of diplomacy from a Royal Standpoint on film.

Thor should definitely be allowed to give some heroic/motivating general/leader-like speech to his soldiers as they go off into the battlefield; something like Aragorn's one in ROTK

Yes on both those items!! I would really love to see that.

Hopefully he took a few notes on leadership from Cap in Avengers. ;)

Thor respects Captain America. And as the group has discussed . . . somewhere, Cap is the rare person who is worthy of lifting Mjolnir. There's a quote that says Thor would follow him through the gates of Hades. :yay:

nah. He got powered up 400. They needed some PIS so Thor wouldnt demolish him "{

^ Yeah it was PIS imo, since Iron Man's armors runs on repulsor energy not electricity.

Besides even if it did, this is lightning summoned by The God of Thunder of all people.

Does anyone think it was bs that Ironman didn't get fried when he fought Thor.

That Stark did not get electrocuted is actually quite plausible; the suit would act like a Faraday cage. Planes allow lightning strikes to route through the fuselage. It might be that his suit really ought to have a spike on it for the discharge, but that's a relatively minor detail. (While I previously have asserted that the processors should have been smoked, avionics typically have surge suppressors, etc. So now I'm willing to give him that one. Unless there's the failure I describe below :yay:)

What's more of a stretch in my mind is the idea that Stark would have designed the suit to have the capacity for 400% of the suit's rating. It's suboptimal engineering practice. Energy storage means mass (just look in the trunk and under the chassis of any electric or hybrid vehicle) and weight, and weight costs you a lot of energy when you're flying around at below-orbit altitudes (most of the volume of the Saturn V or the shuttle was for fuel for the first small fraction (forget what) of the launch). Engineering is always about tradeoffs, and if he wouldn't normally use the energy (ie, capacity well over 100%), he shouldn't be burdening his suit with having to haul the capacitors around all over everywhere. (And where are those capacitors anyway? Behind his calves?) So he shouldn't have the spare capacity available to be charged up to 400%.

The other gift from the writers is the power bus that they apparently wrote into his suit that would be involved in such a charging system. The energy in a lightning strike is far, far more than whatever 400% of the suit rating is. So if he taps some of it to charge the suit, the rest has to be shunted to ground in a proportion that the charging system could handle. (So this is the part where Jarvis bites it.) But the lightning strike could well overwhelm the path to the capacitors. No one has developed a ground-based system to capture energy from lightning strikes, for example.

So if the charging system gets overwhelmed, then he really does become a man in a metal suit.

And that's just the first lightning strike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"