"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by herolee10, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

I'd think Anthony Hopkins would love a badass moment for Odin in one of these Marvel movies. It'd be nice as a movie fan to see the old Asgardian warrior showing just why he's the most powerful being in the universe and the Allfather.

2. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

If not in Thor:TDW atleast at the beginning of Thor 3 in a fight against Surtur and his legions.

3. Godzilla2000

I'm thinking that TDW will be the set up for Ragnarok and the third movie will actually be Ragnarok. That sounds like the most logical progression of events of course.

4. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

One can only hope, BUT there were I THINK three different false alarm Ragnarok's, one around the time Malekith was in first around

5. Godzilla2000

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Marvel has cooking in the kitchen for Thor and his universe then. :^)

6. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I agree 100%

7. Godzilla2000

Yeah!! Come over here and give me a big high five friend!

8. Lady Marion

Lady Marion It's all in the swing

Was this already posted?

From Hair Stylist Luca Vannella’s IMDB page. He also worked on Thor: the Dark World.

[​IMG]

9. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Here we go! :highfive:

10. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

First I've seen of it! :D

11. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Godzilla
    [YT]\5rz8iX9hQP4[/YT]

12. Bruce Malone

Bruce Malone Well-Known Member

So i don't really follow thor in the comics but does he have a true secret identity? I know that donald blake is technically his secret identity but he wasn't even featured in the first film and was more like an easter egg in how they used his name.

Was it a big deal they chose to disregard that aspect?

13. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Personally I hope they use the Blake/Balder from the Ulimates if they DO use an actual Blake. Imagine the triangle between Balder, Thor, Jane and Sif? lol

14. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Yeah, they did turn the Blake ID into an easter egg. But it wasn't a big deal for me. JMS was the first writer in a long time to hit on an interesting use of the Blake part of Thor. By comparison Simonson gets Blake out of the equation for just about the entire length of his run IIRC. Yet a lot of fans think his is the definitive take of the last 35yrs or so.

15. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well BLAKE is actually more difficult in the main comic line.
    the Blake that found the stick that turned Blake into Thor was a COPY of a guy who Jane foster marries later in life (completely brain farting his name) ANYWAY Blake was given false memories and made lame to teach Thor Humility. so basically it really wasn't a secret Identity. eventually Blake was erased from everyones memories and place into limbo after Thor had learned humility.
    after a Ragnarok Thor returns to Earth to face Destroyer and gets blasted BAD mortally scorched. To HEAL he was placed into Jake Olsen and Jake was an emt who could access Thor's memories AND Blakes memories.

In the Ultimates Universe, Balder took on the identity of Dr. Blake who was a psychologist.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  16. KRYPTON INC.

What's your own take on Blake's role in the THOR mythos? I just feel it's a misstep from the character's early stages. I mean I feel about it the same way I feel about Tony Stark using a secret ID. It makes things more complex than they need to be and the pleasures of it's inclusion are not worth the time wasted with justifying it's existence.

17. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well if originally I thought it was almost reaching for Stan Lee. I mean I can understand his thinking where placing the most unsuspecting person into that sort of role, BUT, I love the idea of making Blake a tool to teach a God Humility, then later finding out that WITHOUT that humanity IN HIM he reverts back to what he was.
    Basically without the Humanity Thor is a jerk, he can't comprehend a Mortal's way of thinking. I love that idea, but it would be VERY confusing to the General Audience to try to explain all that.

I'd be happy if they said Blake was really Balder. and BECAUSE Balder was connected to the beginning of the end of the universe the Asgardians hid him in Blake

18. KRYPTON INC.

Yeah, it is too much to put in a cinematic take on the Marvel Thor mythos. I am not a fan married to the idea in print either so I really didn't miss it in the first film. Like they did with Stark's secret ID in the MCU, it was a good choice for the character.

19. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

the ONE that was a REAL secret Identity for Thor and I really didn't like was when Thor just pulled his hair back and put on Glasses like Clark Kent. Back when he first met Eric Masterson.

20. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I think it was a good move, since Thor's secret ID, like with many Marvel characters, feels rather forced. I mean, the actual "reduced to a human life to teach a lesson in humility" is a fine arc, but the idea of it being knowingly maintained always struck me as "Thor is a superhero, of course he needs a secret ID."

The MCU has largely avoided secret ID shenanigans, and I think they are right to do so.

21. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Well yeah, the BLAKE I.D. was to teach humility, but after he'd learned that, the time Thor's body was mortally damaged by Destroyer and placed into Jake Olsen, you have another ball game. Jake is holding someone with alot of enemies and with Thor Healing IN him it is necessary to keep it secret or someone could kill them both easy.

22. BoredGuy

BoredGuy Chairman of the Bored

So if, as some have speculated, Chris O'Dowd is playing Blake
    then that'd make him Balder...
    I could kinda see that, he coulda been hidden on earth since the time of the celts

23. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

You sir, this could not have been better said. Thor, "Thunder God" from Asgard, to me, a secret ID just doesn't feel write. Even when I was reading, it was just weird, as you said, he's a super hero, now he needs a secret ID. Which isn't necessary. To me, Thor is different than most superheros, unlike almost every hero, who has some suit, Thor's suit isn't really a "super hero" suit, as much as it is simply his Asgardian clothing, which I think is cool, and unique

24. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I agree with you and metaphysician, I'm so glad Marvel decided not to use Thor's "forced" secret ID.

25. KRYPTON INC.

I think the Blake persona complicates things and adds little to the overall mythos, it seems to me. Thor has enough juggling earth/Asgard, Sif\Jane ect. to put secret ID into the mix too.