"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

So if, as some have speculated, Chris O'Dowd is playing Blake
then that'd make him Balder...
I could kinda see that, he coulda been hidden on earth since the time of the celts
Yeah, like Connor and Ducan McCloud in Highlander I guess.
I really hope they don't completely ignore Balder. They are at least giving a heads up to Tyr in the Prelude book

With all the Chrises in these Marvel movies we're going to need a scorecard to tell which Chris is which and who each plays! <(~_^)>

haha true
I'm sure they all just use last names by this point

"Chris-es, ASSEMBLE!"

MetaPhd: SECRET ID SHENANIGANS would be a greart prog rock band name.

I think many fans just have that fear that Thor will be nerfed given what Marvel has allowed to happen with him and his level of power in the past across varying media.

I kind of see Thor going all out in the climactic battle for this movie since it may take place on a lifeless husk of a planet, perhaps modern day Svartalfheim?

I think many fans just have that fear that Thor will be nerfed given what Marvel has allowed to happen with him and his level of power in the past across varying media.

True, but Thor's pretty impressive in the MCU and he's downright powerful as **** in the Avengers: EMH and Avengers Assemble cartoons.

I kind of see Thor going all out in the climactic battle for this movie since it may take place on a lifeless husk of a planet, perhaps modern day Svartalfheim?

I see the same thing happen and hopefully we aren't wrong. :)

So apparently, Dave Bautista, aka Drax, thinks that his character could kick both Thor's and Hulk's ass with ease.lol Man, I got a kick from reading that.

lol Where does he get THAT from? Didn't even Beta Ray Bill kick Drax's butt?

LOL. Even the strongest version of Drax, with the added might of the Power Gem, couldn't beat Thor.

kinda sad that the guy playing Drax so clearly misunderstands his characters powers
I'm hopeful that guardians will be cool, but aren't all their powers basically just strength and fighting abilities, and drax can fly..?

s9xl.png

7dit.jpg

This is a GOTG movie, not the comic. Drax's power may be different than it is in the comics. Looks like Thor and Jane finally get some "fun time" together judging by the trailer.

Checkout these scans guys, the conversation about Thor not being a lesser God is something I'd like to see on the big screen. Man it pretty much sums up how ever Thor fan feels about our favorite God of Thunder.

THORGOT2012011_int_LR-4.jpg

THORGOT2012011_int_LR-5.jpg

Anyone else get the sense Chris Hemsworth is kind of sick of playing Thor? If you look at Hiddleston or Evans, they still seem invested, at least on the surface. But if you read interviews with Hemsworth, and I get he prob gets asked the same questions a million times, he comes off annoyed.

Well BLAKE is actually more difficult in the main comic line.
the Blake that found the stick that turned Blake into Thor was a COPY of a guy who Jane foster marries later in life (completely brain farting his name) ANYWAY Blake was given false memories and made lame to teach Thor Humility. so basically it really wasn't a secret Identity. eventually Blake was erased from everyones memories and place into limbo after Thor had learned humility.
after a Ragnarok Thor returns to Earth to face Destroyer and gets blasted BAD mortally scorched. To HEAL he was placed into Jake Olsen and Jake was an emt who could access Thor's memories AND Blakes memories.

In the Ultimates Universe, Balder took on the identity of Dr. Blake who was a psychologist.

I think all that Keith Kincaid madness was retconned as soon as it started. Talk about creepy. It was only ever used to give Jane a 'happy ending' but it was not satisfying at all and very very bizarre. Donald was never a problem concept Simonson got rid of him and then it got increasingly more convoluted as writers tried to be 'clever' with it.

JMS swept all that crap away and introduced his own ones, (separate people, astral projection, no). Fraction then got lazy had massive plot holes and non-explanations and got rid of him again. Which is futile because after 'God of Thunder' has gone so out there, Thor is going to go more earth bound again in contrast. How do you fix the JMS/Fraction mess then?

Donald is Clark Kent to Thor's Superman with a hint of Cap Marvel's more realistic transformation. That's it.

Thinking back on it, I'm kind of curious to see on how Thor would handle facing off against a dozen Extremis soldiers within the MCU. It'd be interesting to see.

Honestly, I'd like to see Thor encounter one villain within the MCU that knows how strong he is and that is outclassed by him in every way so that when that said villain, whether it be human, metahuman, etc, encounters Thor, that person would have a "Holy *****" look on his face, knowing that they're screwed.

Anyone else get the sense Chris Hemsworth is kind of sick of playing Thor? If you look at Hiddleston or Evans, they still seem invested, at least on the surface. But if you read interviews with Hemsworth, and I get he prob gets asked the same questions a million times, he comes off annoyed.
He never comes off as annoyed to me. He's always charming and good humored. Maybe he's bored with these characters and wants to make a normal movie again. He's just been making blockbuster or genre films or action films. Rush is the first straight drama that he has done in a long time.

You sort of have to be a nerd to be truly enjoy playing a superhero and I get the feeling that Hemsworth never was that.

I think all that Keith Kincaid madness was retconned as soon as it started. Talk about creepy. It was only ever used to give Jane a 'happy ending' but it was not satisfying at all and very very bizarre. Donald was never a problem concept Simonson got rid of him and then it got increasingly more convoluted as writers tried to be 'clever' with it.

JMS swept all that crap away and introduced his own ones, (separate people, astral projection, no). Fraction then got lazy had massive plot holes and non-explanations and got rid of him again. Which is futile because after 'God of Thunder' has gone so out there, Thor is going to go more earth bound again in contrast. How do you fix the JMS/Fraction mess then?

Donald is Clark Kent to Thor's Superman with a hint of Cap Marvel's more realistic transformation. That's it.
Well all the NOW "stuff" has changed it again so it may not need explaining lol

Thinking back on it, I'm kind of curious to see on how Thor would handle facing off against a dozen Extremis soldiers within the MCU. It'd be interesting to see.

Honestly, I'd like to see Thor encounter one villain within the MCU that knows how strong he is and that is outclassed by him in every way so that when that said villain, whether it be human, metahuman, etc, encounters Thor, that person would have a "Holy *****" look on his face, knowing that they're screwed.

That's something I'd like to see too.:up:

I'm pretty sure Thor would wipe the floor Extremis soldiers since they didn't come across anywhere near as powerful. The way Eric Savin's nose was broken by Happy Hogans let's me know that they're nowhere as tough as Thor or even IM's armors.

Yeah I'd like to see Thor ecounter an opponent in the MCU, where the villain knows he's not match for Thor. I think the beginning of Avengers: Age of Ultron would be a good time to show that, as sort of a reintroduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"