"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

I'm pretty sure Thor would wipe the floor Extremis soldiers since they didn't come across anywhere near as powerful. The way Eric Savin's nose was broken by Happy Hogans let's me know that they're nowhere as tough as Thor or even IM's armors.

Yeah I'd like to see Thor ecounter an opponent in the MCU, where the villain knows he's not match for Thor. I think the beginning of Avengers: Age of Ultron would be a good time to show that, as sort of a reintroduction.

That could work! It would be even better if he faced a couple (2 or 3) of villains.:thor:

I'm pretty sure Thor would wipe the floor Extremis soldiers since they didn't come across anywhere near as powerful. The way Eric Savin's nose was broken by Happy Hogans let's me know that they're nowhere as tough as Thor or even IM's armors.

Yeah I'd like to see Thor ecounter an opponent in the MCU, where the villain knows he's not match for Thor. I think the beginning of Avengers: Age of Ultron would be a good time to show that, as sort of a reintroduction.

Indeed; actually it wasn't their strength, or lack of, that made me interested in seeing them encounter Thor, but more on how Thor would tackle their ability to generate immense levels of heat, let alone to regenerate most of their limbs in combat.

Like.....the Wrecking Crew or some other superhuman but not quite Thor level villains.

The lack of sort of day to day crime fighting and encounters with less "epic" villains is what needs to start happening in the MCU (and should be part of a DCCU, if it ever happens. :oldrazz:) Some of these heroes opponents are not suitable for a big screen focus, per se, but great to have in a minor appearance. I think the Wrecking Crew, Ulik (I know he has his fans, but... C'mon Son!!!) and their like are not guys you can make a 2 hour plus film on. But they can be used to add texture to the MCU. Also they'd be great to allow characters to showcase big power moments so that when the film's real big bad arrives and is NOT phased by the heroes in the least the audience knows that the stakes have been raised. (It's possible this is why they have that Kronan scene in DARK WORLD. Thor takes out the rock man with out a sweat. Then we see him fight Kurse and it's apparent he's got a challenge on his hands.)

Last edited:
I'd like Thor be shown to actually fight crime using lesser characters initially, to highlight the fact that he doesn't just come out when the faeces has hit the fan, he helps regardless.

Ideally, I'd like him to nonchalantly take out a past MCU villian who caused someone else a problem (example being an extremis dude) to show his superiority too. But they won't 'lessen' (eg IM) anyone in the interests of cinematic and BO fairness (bah spit).

Oh to see an Extremis guy grab his arm and go all red... And see Thor just raise an eyebrow and backhand him to the floor....

The fact that they showed other nations preparing to produce Stark knockoff tech, plus Chitauri tech laying around NYC, it would be cool to see some of that being used by lower level criminals to do what lower level criminals would do with that kind of power. Imagine Thor "in civilian" clothes sans hammer getting into a situation with some idiot armed with a cheap exo suit of some kind?

He never comes off as annoyed to me. He's always charming and good humored. Maybe he's bored with these characters and wants to make a normal movie again. He's just been making blockbuster or genre films or action films. Rush is the first straight drama that he has done in a long time.

You sort of have to be a nerd to be truly enjoy playing a superhero and I get the feeling that Hemsworth never was that.

I think it's just his personality. He likes it I think.

As for the current run in Thor.

ughh, most enjoyment I've had reading Thor in a while. Don't know where this has been the last few years. But fan****ingtastic

ughh, most enjoyment I've had reading Thor in a while. Don't know where this has been the last few years. But fan****ingtastic

Same here. After the nightmare that was Fraction's run.

The lack of sort of day to day crime fighting and encounters with less "epic" villains is what needs to start happening in the MCU (and should be part of a DCCU, if it ever happens. :oldrazz:) Some of these heroes opponents are not suitable for a big screen focus, per se, but great to have in a minor appearance. I think the Wrecking Crew, Ulik (I know he has his fans, but... C'mon Son!!!) and their like are not guys you can make a 2 hour plus film on. But they can be used to add texture to the MCU. Also they'd be great to allow characters to showcase big power moments so that when the film's real big bad arrives and is NOT phased by the heroes in the least the audience knows that the stakes have been raised. (It's possible this is why they have that Kronan scene in DARK WORLD. Thor takes out the rock man with out a sweat. Then we see him fight Kurse and it's apparent he's got a challenge on his hands.)

Agreed on all counts, I'd like for Thor 3 to start of with Thor tussling with Ulik during a Roc Troll invasion.

Agreed. I'd never picked up a Thor comic before this series but decided to after seeing the initial artwork. I'm glad to say the story didn't disappoint and easily matched up with the quality of the artwork.

Agreed on all counts, I'd like for Thor 3 to start of with Thor tussling with Ulik during a Roc Troll invasion.

Yes, Ulik definitely should appear in the Thor franchise. He and Thor have some classic tussles after all.

Agreed. I'd never picked up a Thor comic before this series but decided to after seeing the initial artwork. I'm glad to say the story didn't disappoint and easily matched up with the quality of the artwork.

Actually, my only beef is the artwork. I personally think it's horrible. I just like the story so much.

Man, it's like you can read my mind! I remember saying to my brother that Thor 2 should start this way, right after watching Thor 1.

Of course, that was before we had any idea what the sequel would be about. I was hoping for Amora and Skurge for main villains, with small parts by Balder and Karnilla (where Balder had been an ambassador during the first film.) as foils for them. It would have been packed, so it's probably a good thing I'm not in charge! :yay:

Actually, my only beef is the artwork. I personally think it's horrible. I just like the story so much.
I've seen much worse artwork in other Marvel comics to know I really like the look of the current Thor run. I am a big CA fan and absolutely hate the look they gave the new run with John Romita Jr. as the main artist. Plus, I wasn't all that hot on the initial arcs of the Uncanny Avengers with John Cassaday drawing.

This is the single most epic photo of MCU Thor EVER!

74680.jpg

Really like the way they changed Thor's armor again, especially at the point where his cape attaches. It no longer has that weird jagged look anymore. Plus the addition of some gold accents makes him look a little more kingly.

Really like the way they changed Thor's armor again, especially at the point where his cape attaches. It no longer has that weird jagged look anymore. Plus the addition of some gold accents makes him look a little more kingly.

See I didn't mind where the cape was attached in "Thor" .... the jaggedness wasn't so overly done. I also was in love with the color scheme of the first suit as opposed to the more group-neutral one he wore in The Avengers. The black/grey really made the crimson of his cape stand out.

znEAzS3.jpg

DvsFbRE.jpg

Both suits are far more "techno-Viking" than the new one ...... but the new one is pure badass. They gave it a rustic look, more in line with the Game of Thrones vibe.

Last edited:
I feel like his three outfits, from the three films that he's been in, reflects what they're trying to portray of him, and the tone that they're going for in the film.

1. The first "Thor" film wanted to introduced Thor who was a powerful being from a higher dimension of an advanced society, thus his armor reflected that status.

2. In the Avengers, his outfit was designed to look more like a traditional Superhero's outfit to fit with the theme of these heroes assembly together as one.

3. In "The Dark World", we're treated to a time of war where Thor is a Warrior Prince trying to bring some stability within the 9 realms.

I am just happy they gave him some great gauntlets this time round. Also like the "fit" all around much more.

It makes me kind of laugh, if we want to look at it canonically. A being over 1,000 years old. Three different, "battle armors/casual armors" over the course of 3 years. How many different outfits has MCU Thor worn in battle? Like? 945?

It makes me kind of laugh, if we want to look at it canonically. A being over 1,000 years old. Three different, "battle armors/casual armors" over the course of 3 years. How many different outfits has MCU Thor worn in battle? Like? 945?
Maybe he has always had them and he just doesn't have the chance to change between films. :D

Or maybe Eitri spends his days crafting armor for Thor. He could be the MCU version of Edna Mode. :awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"