"You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

^ I'm with ya on that one. Though idk actually, i kind of saw it as, Thor had a lot of energy, was fighting fine, cap took a shot to the gut, Thor helped him up, and asked him yada yada, and cap's response was a bit of irony, I am the guy who is hurt in the stomach and needed help getting up, you just sent a car flying..."what, you gettin sleepy" I think it was a bit of both, i think it was cap beig ironic because of what you said elizah, and I think he said that because Thor was fine :p

Yeah, well like I said, it's showing there's still a tough little guy from Brooklyn lurking under that now well muscled red white and blue exterior. :woot: New Steve being true to old Steve.

could also be just a little wink/nod at the Odinsleep thing, now that I think about it, but I dont think that Steve needs to know about it, in order to make the remark. Just more something the writer is alluding to.

Question, have we ever figured out how Thor knows that Loki's army is the Chitauri, when just before that on the mountain he asks Loki "who controls the would be king?" As if he has no infomation what so ever? I can't imagine Loki told him anything inbetween that time.

Edit: It occurred to me that maybe he knows about the name of the army and something about what Loki is up to from Heimdall or Odin, prior, and that they just don't know who the head honcho behind everything is.

Last edited:
I did kinda wonder that too^
Thor seemed to not know anything about Loki's plans when he arrived
But then on the helicarrier, he knew more or less what was up

not a big deal, but i did wonder how he knew about the chitauri

I'm with Elizah. We didn't see Odin tell Thor Loki is here, he probably got told by them.

Speaking of Steve/Cap is he still possibly going to have a cameo on Thor 2 , or no?

And....
"Whoever wields this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor"

Do we suppose Cap could pick up Mjolnir? He may be the only other Avenger who could, possibly (we know Hulk can't!)

Speaking of Steve/Cap is he still possibly going to have a cameo on Thor 2 , or no?

And....
"Whoever wields this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor"

Do we suppose Cap could pick up Mjolnir? He may be the only other Avenger who could, possibly (we know Hulk can't!)

He can in the books, or at least has. I don't know the particulars, though.

Captain America seems to have a fundamental goodness at his core, at least in the movies. For that reason, I really like him, and it seems appropriate that he would be deemed worthy.

Okay! That really delights me that he can pick up the hammer in the books. :yay: Yay Cap!

^ you haven't read any of the books???

and I would prefer cap to pick up the hammer in an avengers movie, he picks up the hammer, hits someone with it, Thor says..Odin's beard

Everyone has to start somewhere.

and I would prefer cap to pick up the hammer in an avengers movie, he picks up the hammer, hits someone with it, Thor says..Odin's beard

I have the impression that it's rather rare for Captain America to pick up Mjolnir. So for me it's very optional whether we ever see it in any of the movies. Maybe if there was an especially dire need, unusual circumstances.

Otherwise, it's likely to undercut the perception of Thor.

Nope. And honestly I hesitate to start, at least not until after the films as a series are done. I've observed over the years with already established fandoms like this one that oftentimes those established book/comic fans appear to have a great deal of difficulty just letting go of preconceived notions and sitting down and enjoying the movies for what they are. Some can I am sure but at least some (usually the most vocal) seem unable to enjoy the film versions fully because they are too upset that such and such wasnt represented the way they see them, or a character they like isn't there at all, or they didnt tell the story exactly the way they read it the first time. So they think and often say on the internet that it sucks and I hate this character and I hate that about the films and get snarky or testy with anyone who appears to be enjoying those aspects of the films that they are mad about. It is sad, but I've seen and to a much lesser extent been in that type of frame of mind before enough and I don't particularly want to end up once again feeling that way going into theaters or coming on the internet to chat. Like I said, maybe after the series are done, and the hype has died down, it will be a good way to extend enjoyment of the characters. But I've always been more of a film buff in any case.

Nope. And honestly I hesitate to start, at least not until after the films as a series are done. . . .Some . . . seem unable to enjoy the film versions fully because they are too upset that such and such wasnt represented the way they see them, or a character they like isn't there at all, or they didnt tell the story exactly the way they read it the first time. .. .I've . . . been in that type of frame of mind before enough and I don't particularly want to end up once again feeling that way going into theaters or coming on the internet to chat. Like I said, maybe after the series are done, and the hype has died down, it will be a good way to extend enjoyment of the characters. But I've always been more of a film buff in any case.

(As you can tell, I've cut some important parts out of your post. I hope I've pared it down to the part I want to address without misrepresenting your meaning. If I have, I apologize. It wasn't my intent!)

The relevant risk is whether you would be able to enjoy the film for what it is if you have read the books. It sounds like you are somewhat concerned about this.

Consider this: suppose a group comes together on a forum consisting only of those who have only seen the movies, and they discuss. They all will have different views on characters' motivations, quality of actors' performances, effectiveness of direction, etc. Ideally, each participant would be receptive to considering another's point of view.

Could not the books be considered an extension of such a discussion, with the books' authors and artists presenting still more interpretations of the characters (albeit drawing on additional plot lines that they themselves create)? It's possible that how a character is represented in one installment of the film series to be different from how that same character is represented in another installment. The hypothetical group could discuss which interpretation is more "true" to the character, or at least more entertaining. The books could be considered the same way.

A shorter argument: you could be missing out on some good entertainment that is more or less in the same vein of what you have already enjoyed.

Just to try and get back to the subject of the thread, since it's now a bit hijacked (sorry). I'll ask what I asked in the another character thread. What do you want to see for Thor in Thor 2?

Definitely want another flashback with Thor and Loki as Teens/kids, showing their relationship growing up.

Would love to see or at least hear how he won Mjolnir in the first place. How old was he, and after what great triumph was he presented with it.

More on his relationship with Odin now after the events of Thor and Avengers. Plus I want to find out why he has not now been given Asgard, (if that's the case) now that he seems to have proven himself worthy.

Sif/Thor - 'nuff said. :)

that's all for now for me, anybody else?

Edit: and thank you for your thoughts American Maid, I will take them into consideration. ;)

Just to try and get back to the subject of the thread, since it's now a bit hijacked (sorry).

Oh yeah. . . forgot about that. . . .Well, I'm party to that too--sorry! :yay:

I want to find out why he has not now been given Asgard, (if that's the case) now that he seems to have proven himself worthy.

That would be very good to have explained! (Although it may be that he's only so far proven himself worthy of Mjolnir, and has more to prove before he can get back to his coronation.) If he's not yet ready to assume the throne, it might be interesting to see what thoughts he has about where Asgard is heading and what he sees his priorities being once he is monarch. Perhaps Odin might ask for his input on some things to test how his thinking is coming along in that regard. I wonder if they might disagree on something?

Well, probably everyone knows where I stand on that haha :yay:

It would be nice to see some interaction between him and his mother.

Also, in the books, the Warriors Three are supposed to be of an older cohort, and kind of mentor Thor when he is younger. I kind of get the impression in the films that they are peers. Either way, it might be fun to see their friendship (and to have it made clearer whether or not they are older than Thor).

I like the idea that Thor enjoys going drinking with his buddies and generally having fun, but I suppose that's not going to fit into a film subtitled "The Dark World" :csad:

Of course, I will enjoy the great spectacles of well-done fight sequences. Others have expounded in other threads on what should go into them much better than I can.

Edit: and thank you for your thoughts American Maid, I will take them into consideration. ;)

You're welcome!

I have the impression that it's rather rare for Captain America to pick up Mjolnir. So for me it's very optional whether we ever see it in any of the movies. Maybe if there was an especially dire need, unusual circumstances.

Otherwise, it's likely to undercut the perception of Thor.

Exactly, I'd prefer that being left out of the films and if he just HAS to do it I'd wait until Avengers 3.

Nope. And honestly I hesitate to start, at least not until after the films as a series are done. I've observed over the years with already established fandoms like this one that oftentimes those established book/comic fans appear to have a great deal of difficulty just letting go of preconceived notions and sitting down and enjoying the movies for what they are. Some can I am sure but at least some (usually the most vocal) seem unable to enjoy the film versions fully because they are too upset that such and such wasnt represented the way they see them, or a character they like isn't there at all, or they didnt tell the story exactly the way they read it the first time. So they think and often say on the internet that it sucks and I hate this character and I hate that about the films and get snarky or testy with anyone who appears to be enjoying those aspects of the films that they are mad about. It is sad, but I've seen and to a much lesser extent been in that type of frame of mind before enough and I don't particularly want to end up once again feeling that way going into theaters or coming on the internet to chat. Like I said, maybe after the series are done, and the hype has died down, it will be a good way to extend enjoyment of the characters. But I've always been more of a film buff in any case.

...you are referring to me and my comments on loki :p

Just to try and get back to the subject of the thread, since it's now a bit hijacked (sorry). I'll ask what I asked in the another character thread. What do you want to see for Thor in Thor 2?

Definitely want another flashback with Thor and Loki as Teens/kids, showing their relationship growing up.

Would love to see or at least hear how he won Mjolnir in the first place. How old was he, and after what great triumph was he presented with it.

More on his relationship with Odin now after the events of Thor and Avengers. Plus I want to find out why he has not now been given Asgard, (if that's the case) now that he seems to have proven himself worthy.

that's all for now for me, anybody else?

"have at thee"

or a mcu modification

"have at you"

and a flashback of atleast 400 years ago of Thor in battle

Exactly, I'd prefer that being left out of the films and if he just HAS to do it I'd wait until Avengers 3.

yup, if it has to happen, in a later avengers movie. Let it stay to thor for now, let it actually become more of a part of him

If CA does ever pick up Mjolnir, I'd like him to hit away a couple enemies, then hand it back to Thor commenting, "too much power for a mortal"...

Regarding Thor ruling Asgard; I hope the decision for this film is that Odin rules based on Thor being too committed to Earth, and Thor understands and the whole issue ending amicably. I'd hate to see their good ending in Thor ruined.

Just a quick little bit where the guys are discussing Mjolnir with Thor, and the "if he be worthy" thing, and maybe Hawkeye, Stark, Banner, can't resist trying to pick it up to no avail. Then Cap just walks in like, "Hey, how heavy is this thing anyway?" *Picks it up* "Oh, not bad." hands it back to Thor and walks off. LOL I dont know I think that would be cute to see he looks on everyone's faces.

If it's true that one of the plot points in this film is Thor gathering or amassing a Army to combat against the Dark Elves, I kind of hope to see the leadership that Thor is supposed to have displayed in the film and him giving a good leadership speech to his soldiers (ala Aragorn to the Army of Gondor) and him really commanding his army like a great General/King-to-be in the final fight.

Given that the first film had to deal with Thor learning to get over his own arrogance, I hope with this film, we get to see Thor's authority as a Prince of Asgard really being shown here.

If Thor goes into a large battle, I don't see why he doesn't try to wipe out a good majority of the opposing force with a large lightning strike and/or shock wave (like on Jotunheim) to end it quick and somewhat easy.

If it's true that one of the plot points in this film is Thor gathering or amassing a Army to combat against the Dark Elves, I kind of hope to see the leadership that Thor is supposed to have displayed in the film and him giving a good leadership speech to his soldiers (ala Aragorn to the Army of Gondor) and him really commanding his army like a great General/King-to-be in the final fight.

Given that the first film had to deal with Thor learning to get over his own arrogance, I hope with this film, we get to see Thor's authority as a Prince of Asgard really being shown here.

Yeah, I would enjoy that!

If Thor goes into a large battle, I don't see why he doesn't try to wipe out a good majority of the opposing force with a large lightning strike and/or shock wave (like on Jotunheim) to end it quick and somewhat easy.

If his soldiers and comrades are in the midst of the battle then I don't see him doing it since he'd end up killing his own forces from using such attacks.

It kind of Sucks that a lot of the things that Thor could do are only things that he'd be able to do if he were in a area from civilization since a lot of his attacks can give out huge collateral damage.

Well, if he's smart, he would make sure to open with such a move before his comrades have closed for combat. However, that is dependent both on his own cool-headedness, and circumstances of the battle. I would not be shocked if, amongst the more canny and experienced races, standard battlefield tactics includes "rapidly close with the enemy" *specifically* to prevent crap like that from being done ( I doubt Thor is the only guy running around the Nine Worlds with area nukes ).

Saw this on tumblr, don't think I realized this about the Avengers armor... it's interesting (if that's in fact what's etched on the vambrace - which it looks like it is):

Just going back to this a second. I was a bit skeptical at first that there was a Loki symbol there in Avengers (the pictures you had I couldn't see it that well) but I think it's pretty clear in the closeup of the vambrace here...

http://rebloggy.com/post/chris-hems...t-s-real-there-s-a-loki-tribute-i/28856758768

If his soldiers and comrades are in the midst of the battle then I don't see him doing it since he'd end up killing his own forces from using such attacks.

It kind of Sucks that a lot of the things that Thor could do are only things that he'd be able to do if he were in a area from civilization since a lot of his attacks can give out huge collateral damage.

Well, if he's smart, he would make sure to open with such a move before his comrades have closed for combat. However, that is dependent both on his own cool-headedness, and circumstances of the battle. I would not be shocked if, amongst the more canny and experienced races, standard battlefield tactics includes "rapidly close with the enemy" *specifically* to prevent crap like that from being done ( I doubt Thor is the only guy running around the Nine Worlds with area nukes ).

I still think Thor is going to pull out more huge area attacks in Thor 2, he might yell "clear the area" or something right before he unleashes it.

I still think Thor is going to pull out more huge area attacks in Thor 2, he might yell "clear the area" or something right before he unleashes it.

Ya. Or he may just do it when there isn't others around.

Idk, I feel like when it comes to a big battle, aside from one or two attacks, it will be like what we saw in the frost giant battle. A lot of hitting and throwing, and not so much weather related stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"