Superman Returns You will believe a man can fly...that was then, this is NOW!??

Metropolis_Man said:
Yeah, Hook is a great movie. The flying did look really good.

Yeah, I was talking about the actual Peter Pan live action film from a couple years ago, not Hook. The movie was kinda "meh" but the live action flight FX in it were damn impressive. The characters looked like they were flying, and not always simply weightless.

Andy C. said:
What's important about this movie isn't the effects themselves, but the context in which they're used.

Truer words have never been spoken!

SpiderDaniel said:
Thats the loop i`m talking about...
flight-bank2.jpg
That's EXACTLY the loop I ment too
icon10.gif

It looks so freaken bad-ass the way he flies in that shot!!! And just look how real it actually looks!:):up:

But they can do backgrounds better now, and better incorperate wind and blur effects better as well. Im very eager to see what they do now.

The new trailer had better show off just how incredible and utterly COOL it'll look like when supes fly!! Or else I'll hang my self.

Naite22 said:
The new trailer had better show off just how incredible and utterly COOL it'll look like when supes fly!! Or else I'll hang my self.

I don't even want to know what you'll do if the actual film is bad. :eek:

Not to worry. I think we'll get a nice balance of story and action in the trailer, not that hackjob of a trailer for X3. I still think the SR teaser is one of the best out there as it leaves you wanting much more, which is what it's supposed to do.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
I don't even want to know what you'll do if the actual film is bad.

Not to worry. I think we'll get a nice balance of story and action in the trailer, not that hackjob of a trailer for X3. I still think the SR teaser is one of the best out there as it leaves you wanting much more, which is what it's supposed to do.
I agree 110%!:up: The teaser for SR is something I nearly cried over the first time seeing it.. Everyone complaining that it didn't show enough only goes through the aggrevation of a mad post BECAUSE they truely WANT to see more! This new trailer will knock all others out of the water!:eek: :up:

Superman Returns - 'You'll believe a man can be CGI'. :(

Kevin Roegele said:
Superman Returns - 'You'll believe a man can be CGI'. :(

I doubt it. They have lots of harnesses and machines to make him fly via wires, so that's what we'll see the most of. I'm sure they're taking a lessson from Spider-Man in that you don't want to have the character CGI because it looks fake (although people weren't too mad and the films killed at the BO). In fact, people will probably be saying something is CGI because it seems impossible with using a real person, when in fact it is probably real.

From the report on the footage shown at show west.

superman flys down the street cape flapping.. its look photo realistic.

:up:

From what i read they have devised some mannerisms for Supes when he is flying so Routh doesn't look static and rigid
I'm sure the SFX will be great and i am glad they haven't rushed a trailer out with unfinished effects,the key though will be that Singer will use the effects to drive the story rather than as "Wow" moments,at least that is my hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"