Superman Returns ....can you believe it?

4NutzinYoface

Sidekick
Reaction score
I just....I just cannot believe it. I mean, I sit down, watch various trailers, check out eBay for 'Superman Returns' movie figures...actually grab ahold of my very own Superman to Clark action figure from the movie and think...."My God....there is actually a brand spankin' new Superman movie coming out!"

The last 8 years or so have been simply amazing with respect to comic book movies...they have considerably picked up steam no doubt after the release of X-Men 1.

Looking back when I was playing with all my superhero toys, reading the comics, watching the cartoons...I would get goose bumps whenever I read articles or snippets of potential comic book movies that are due to come out. For the longest time it seemed like only a dream and that I'd never actually get to see them, and just read about them. Then one by one, they came out...Spider-Man (one of my most anticpated movies since I was crappin' in my pants....so not that long ago :D) X-Men (3, count 'em 3 friggin' movies!) Hulk, Daredevil (the Directors cut ruled all, should have been released in the theater!), Fantastic Four (complete ass..but at least the last 10 minutes was cool), Blade (3 of those as well), Punisher (could have been cooler...but hopefully the sequel will deliver if it ever gets made)

Looking back at that article in the movie section in that old Wizard magazine that said Kevin Smith was going to write and or direct a new Superman movie, and that Nicholas Cage was going to be in it when it was supposed to be directed by Tim Burton...and none of those came to pass.

Now....now come June 30th 2006 I will get to sit in a movie theater and actually watch an 1 and 1/2 (hopefully more!) of Kal-El in his cool costume battling Lex Luthor, saving the day. I am so excited and sometimes it feels like it's not even happening! However, if you really sit down and think about it, it actually IS happening, and it's amazing...simply amazing!

Thank you Mr. Singer and everyone else involved! :supes:

P.S.---I still think Mattel should go straight to hell for making really crappy toys off the movie, BUT I won't get started on that ;)

I'm actually so excited.

I've never seen a Superman movie at the theater.

How many people (born after 1978) are Superman fans now?

boyscouT said:
No mention of BB? :mad:

Hahaha, whoops!! What a tool I am eh? Of COURSE Batman Begins! Hot damn, I was actually just watching that today remarking to my buddy how amazing the movie was! Couldn't really see what was happening with the fights though, kinda annoying...camera moved too fast...and the Scarecrow was hardly in the flick at all...BUUUT that's besides the point :O That movie was extremely well done, and it was nearly perfect....

....I just hope that "Superman Returns" is in the same ballpark (crosses fingers)

I was born waaaaay after that film and the second.

This is like the BIG one!

Its the first time since Reeve that Superman is done RIGHT in a live action format!!!.....after years of horrible bastardization!

VGPOP said:
I'm actually so excited.

Oh yeah man, that's why I'm especially excited! I was too young to see the films in the theater. I saw them plenty of times on video or TV though....heh, for some reason Superman 3 with Richard Pryor was one of my favourites as a kid...it's funny because if that movie came out now as a Superman flick I'd be super pissed LoL!

gujbkfijdvumother****ing superman is back!!!!!

4NutzinYoface said:
Oh yeah man, that's why I'm especially excited! I was too young to see the films in the theater. I saw them plenty of times on video or TV though....heh, for some reason Superman 3 with Richard Pryor was one of my favourites as a kid...it's funny because if that movie came out now as a Superman flick I'd be super pissed LoL!

i'm in that same boat dude...i used to LOVE Superman 3 and 4 but knowing what i know now i cringe when i watch them! i guess everything's always better when you're a kid...you have the luxery of being naive. ya know what they say.....ignorance is bliss! hehe

but yeah....i can't wait for this **** to hit the theaters. i'll be watching it in imax 3d baby!!!

I remeber seeing both Superman 3 & 4 in theaters when I was a little whelp. I'm sure I will feel like a little kid with seeing SR in theater after 19 yrs. of last being in theater. :D :D

The directors cut of Superman III is hilarious. In the intro a kid gets flipped into a tree, LOL. Taken as a purely comedic approach to Superman, it worked. I was born in 1980, and I never got to see any of them in the theatre. This is the perfect film to be my first Superman experience on the big screen! Waited almost a decade for this. It looks like we're going to see our fantasy come true. Most of us, anyway.

VGPOP said:
I'm actually so excited.

I was born in 79, and never got to see one in the theater. So this is going to be great. I remember when three and four came out in theaters but was way young and didn't go, but I had a Superman 3 poster on my wall, and I memeber him on a jar of Peanut Butter.

4NutzinYoface said:
I just....I just cannot believe it. I mean, I sit down, watch various trailers, check out eBay for 'Superman Returns' movie figures...actually grab ahold of my very own Superman to Clark action figure from the movie and think...."My God....there is actually a brand spankin' new Superman movie coming out!"

The last 8 years or so have been simply amazing with respect to comic book movies...they have considerably picked up steam no doubt after the release of X-Men 1.

Looking back when I was playing with all my superhero toys, reading the comics, watching the cartoons...I would get goose bumps whenever I read articles or snippets of potential comic book movies that are due to come out. For the longest time it seemed like only a dream and that I'd never actually get to see them, and just read about them. Then one by one, they came out...Spider-Man (one of my most anticpated movies since I was crappin' in my pants....so not that long ago :D) X-Men (3, count 'em 3 friggin' movies!) Hulk, Daredevil (the Directors cut ruled all, should have been released in the theater!), Fantastic Four (complete ass..but at least the last 10 minutes was cool), Blade (3 of those as well), Punisher (could have been cooler...but hopefully the sequel will deliver if it ever gets made)

Looking back at that article in the movie section in that old Wizard magazine that said Kevin Smith was going to write and or direct a new Superman movie, and that Nicholas Cage was going to be in it when it was supposed to be directed by Tim Burton...and none of those came to pass.

Now....now come June 30th 2006 I will get to sit in a movie theater and actually watch an 1 and 1/2 (hopefully more!) of Kal-El in his cool costume battling Lex Luthor, saving the day. I am so excited and sometimes it feels like it's not even happening! However, if you really sit down and think about it, it actually IS happening, and it's amazing...simply amazing!

Thank you Mr. Singer and everyone else involved! :supes:

P.S.---I still think Mattel should go straight to hell for making really crappy toys off the movie, BUT I won't get started on that ;)
I feel the same about Supes, it's nuts thinking it's almost here and that it actually got made.

This is the first Superman film I will EVER see in theatres. I'm real excited. Especially since I have become such a big fan of the character, thanks to Superman: Birthright.

And I happen to like the Mattel figures. Different strokes, for different folks.

As I read this post, the John Williams theme is blaring in my head. :D

i saw Superman 3 and 4 in the cinemas.

my dad said he took me to Superman 2 as well but i dont remember it.

........I'm sorry but, HOLY **** I cannot believe that a new 'Superman' movie is coming out!!! :D

believe this thread in wrong forum :p

well, it's kinda hard to believe that we're actually getting a half-way decent Superman film now.....we've been waiting since the 80's!!! i remember watching the originals several years ago and thinking....man they need to hurry up dammit!

and now that time is finally here!!!! GEEKGASM!!!!!!

My mom took me to see S:TM when I was 5,now,I get to take my daughter(she is 11)to see S.R.,and she is just as excited as I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"