Your Ideal X-Men/Avengers Roster

Iglius

Sidekick
Reaction score
I don't know if there has been a thread like this before, but, here it goes:

If you were putting together a team of pre-existing X-Men and/or Avengers, who would you put on your roster?

6 members for each would be ideal, and you don't have to do both, obviously, you can do just an X-men roster or just an Avengers roster.
8 members at the absolute most.

Enjoy

X-Men
Cyclops
Multiple Man
Wanda Maximoff
Ricochet
Molly Hayes
Paige Guthrie

Avengers
Captain America
Thor
Vision II
Stature
Arsenic and Old Lace
Alex Wilder

Zoken said:
X-Men
Cyclops
Multiple Man
Wanda Maximoff
Ricochet
Molly Hayes
Paige Guthrie

Avengers
Captain America
Thor
Vision II
Stature
Arsenic and Old Lace
Alex Wilder

um.... I can think of a few reasons why this wouldn't really work.

You're going to bring up the dead thing aren't you? Hey, this is the 616, Dead most certainly doens't always mean dead.

and if you're bringing up the "Tried to kill almost everyone on the planet" point, I give to you Hawkeye, The Thunderbolts, Vision I, Namor, etc. there are long, long lists of baddies who later turned their abilities to good, or characters who walk the thin line between good and evil, and have still been welcomed by the Avengers.

Personally I just want to see what can be accomplished by Wilder when he gets to put that brain of his to work on ACTUAL super-hero problems. He'd be more playing the role Dr. Pym did in the WCA.

Captain America,Goliath,Iron Man,Hercules,Black Knight

Havok,Polaris,Nightcrawler,Cannonball,Rogue

Xmen

1. Cyclops
2. Jean Grey
3. Emma Frost
4. Beast
5. Iceman
6. Wolverine
7. Colossus
8. ShadowCat

Avengers

1. Captain America
2. Thor
3. Scarlet Witch
4. Hank Pym
5. Spider Woman
6. Wonderman

^ A sort of Joss Whedon-ish X-Team. Nice.

Oh, what the hell, its been a while since I posted at one of these sorts of topics (which seem to crop up about every 3-5 months).

Dread's Ideal X-Men Roster:
1). Cyclops
2). Beast
3). Colossus
4). Shadowcat
5). Wolverine
6). Emma Frost
7). Iceman (because Beast sure isn't doing "comedic relief" anymore, plus the guy needs to step up and avoid Alex/Lorna for 12 seconds).
8). Dazzler (because she's not usually attached at the hip to some other X-Man, and she needs a serious turn. She's usually been goofy but I always had a soft spot for her. Maybe its because I saw PRYDE OF THE X-MEN about a hundred times as a kid on VHS).

Dread's Ideal Avengers Roster:
1). Captain America
2). Iron Man
3). Thor
4). Vision
5). Black Knight
6). Scarlet Witch (before she became a plot device)
7). Wonder Man
8). Beast (why the Simon/Hank buddy dynamic has gotten abandoned just shows how dark, emo-agnst ridden, grim and gritty that Marvel has become. Plus, I can never buy Wolverine as an Avenger, but Beast works. He has claws, he has feral issues now, he's strong, and he's another genuis to add to the mix of Stark and Whitman).

X-Men
Gambit
Rogue
Angel
Rachel Summers
Kitty
Colossus

Avengers
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Captain America
Sentry
Luke Cage
Ms. Marvel

Iglius said:

can you imagine the friction in this lineup? IMO the Joss Whedon lineup works for me.

Iglius said:
Well, Whedon did construct one of the better X-line ups of recent years. Some of them have ranged from good to bad to downright bizarre.

And yes, I am aware that I stuck Beast on both rosters. If Wolverine can run all over the MU, why not Dr. McCoy? :D

True, true. Wolverine is overused, but I'm not saying I don't like him. I'm going to have to sleep on this, I made the thread without thinking of my own answer.

X-Men

Jean (New X-Men Version)
Bobby (Pre-Pansy Days)
Alex
Kurt
Kitty
Lorna (non-psycho)

Avengers

Captain America
Beast
Vision
Wanda
Hank Pym
Sentry

So does anyone else have a problem with my line up.

I kind of saw it as a mentoring thing, but Alex is there under an assumed name.

the X-Men need new students and I did make sure to stick to mutants.

I'm sick of seeing Cyclops on the X-Men. Send that jackass anywhere else, like maybe the New Warriors. :p

X-Men
Cyclops
Wolverine
Emma
Shadowcat
Colossus
Beast

Avengers
Captain America
Iron Man
Black Goliath
Aquarian
Photon
Valkyrie

X-Men:
Iceman
Angel
Psylocke
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Mirage
Bishop
Sunfire

Avengers:
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Scarlet Witch
Hawkeye
Firestar
The Sentry
Binary

Cyclops is just one of those standards. Like you always need Cap as an Avenger, you always need Cykes as an X-Man.

Zoken said:
So does anyone else have a problem with my line up.

I kind of saw it as a mentoring thing, but Alex is there under an assumed name.

the X-Men need new students and I did make sure to stick to mutants.

I definitely liked seeing Molly in your X-Men roster, though she should only be part of the school and not the actual team itself. give her room to grow.

and I doubt they'd let an 11 year old be a full blown X-Men, despite her past. they'd definitely try to protect her.

as for Alex, they'd have to have a lot of setup before he joins the Avengers. first they better come with a good reason for him to come back to life, then an even better one for him to turn good and change his whole belief system (something that, personally, it didn't strike me as something he'd do), given that he thought his parents were doing the right thing by trying to wipe out the planet.

it'd be nice to eventually see a much more evolved Gert join the Avengers, mostly because it's a nice continuity connection with Runaways.

Alex: He was brought back to life by Nico's spell, but her conflicting emotions caused abnormalities with the spell. Alex came back to life in New York. he was put into the foster care system and immediately came to the Avenger's attention when he started blowing IQ tests out of the water. Then he got them REALLY interested when he managed to make it all the way to the penthouse of Stark Towers. He's told everyone that his name is Jeffery Wilder, ditched his glasses, and keeps his hair fairly short. he comes off as rather cockey, but still very much in admiration of his heroes. There is some question as to if the spell had an effect on him as he is smarter, and faster. not superhumanly fast, but his reaction times are touching the borders.

Arsenic and Old Lace: after her "Betrayal" in LA (Nico kissing Chase) she has come to New York to find herself, of course her favorite pet is in tow. she finds herself in a highly Ironic situation; A runaway Runaway. When she joins in a battle with Hydra, the Avengers decide to take a chance on the young girl, though she makes them promise she gets a strong degree of autonomy before she agrees to join the program. She is supicious of Jeffery Wilder, but doesn't TRUELY believe that it is Alex.

Molly Hayes: oh please, Jubilee has been tagging along behind Wolvie since she was thirteen, this is how big a difference? They figure that if she doesn't get to join in, she'll end up getting hurt so they bring her with the intention of keeping her on a short leash (So to speak). She developes a crush on the quick witted Ricochet, who treats her very nicely, but she may be in for heartache as he is secretly dating Paige.

Why would a high IQ make the Avengers interested in Alex? :confused:

Also, Wolverine endangering a little girl is nothing. He did it at least twice for long periods, with Kitty and Jubilee. The X-Men willingly endangering a little girl is another thing, especially one as young as Molly. I think Kitty was at least 15 or 16 by the time she started going on X-Men missions. Molly's what, 11? 10?

eleven, probably twelve by the time the X-Men get a hold of her and Jubes was thirteen when she started her career (Probably was still thirteen when she was with Gen X). besides, since when have the X-Men been composed only of "Official X-men". junior members who are supposed to stay at the mansion and stick to lessons always join them.

I suppose she could tag along on her own, but still. Marvel's never really been one for the kid sidekick thing. I imagine someone would call up child services if they saw a child as young as Molly operating alongside the X-Men.

1. She would refuse to be anyone's sidekick, and would take extreme offense to any insinuation (I think she should be allowed to break the fourth wall to make that point occasionally)

2. That might be another running joke for that team
Cyclops: Molly, for god'sake please, don't follow us this time
Molly: Why not, Jubilee did it and she wasn't that much older
Cyclops: If you keep following us, we'll have to put you back with child services
Molly: (Glowy eyes) How long do we think that will last THIS time?
Cyclops: Will you at least stick close to Jamie...
Madrox: HEY!

I guess if you want to do a comedy take on it, it'd work. I'm thinking in terms of the current Marvel universe, although I'm probably taking it too lightly myself. Xavier would probably just reduce Molly's mind to a barren wasteland for thinking of sneaking into a mission at this point. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"