Your PERFECT Batman Movie Suit

Whack Arnolds

Sidekick
Reaction score
Cowl: Batman Forever. (Panther Suit)
Chest Symbol: Batman Begins.
Cape: Batman Begins.
Body Armor: Batman Forever, sans nipples. (Panther Suit)
Gauntlets: Batman Begins.
Legs: Batman Begins.
Boots: Batman Begins
Utility Belt: Batman Begins
Man Beneath the Cowl: Christian Bale

I would want the body color to be grey, the cowl, symbol, boots, gauntlets, and cape to be black.

If any good manipers around here could make a good representation of that. I would REALLY appreciate it.

And please, by all means...let me hear the rest of your 'Perfect' Batman movie suit utilizing only the costumes that we have seen.

Cowl: Batman Forever. (Panther Suit)
Legs: Batman Begins.
Utility Belt: Batman Begins

as you can see same for me only it's more of a tie with body armour between it and Forever sans nipples.

the Batman 89 suit looked the best. it wasnt shiny, no nipples. it was gritty and mean looking and textured cape no clothe towel lookin velvet dumbness.

The BEGINS cape was the first actual cape, and the only cape that actually flowed and took the breeze and was free flowing like the cape from the comics. It also was for the first time the large, bat-wing like apparatus it was supposed to be like. It wasn't bulky and heavy.

Nothing beats that shot of Batman from BEGINS, crouched like a gargoyle on the side of the building as the long cape flows and he truly looks like a giant menacing bat-creature perched and stalking prey above his city.

DocLathropBrown said:
exactly what we got in B89, Keaton and all. :p
Come on Doc, be ORIGINAL...if you were the production designer...using only aspects of costumes of what we've already seen...and if you were making your own Batman movie...how would he look?

Cowl: Batman Returns
Chest Symbol: Batman Returns
Cape: Batman
Body armor: Batman
Gauntlets: Batman
Legs: Batman Returns
Boots: Batman Returns
Utiltiy Belt: Batman
Man Beath the cowl: Keaton :up: :batman:

AdamWest.jpg

Cowl: Batman
Legs: Batman
Utility Belt: Batman

cowl- batman returns
chest symbol- batman returns
cape- batman begins
body armor- batman (but smoother seams)
gauntlets- batman
legs- batman begins (but same color as body armor)
boots- batman
utility belt- batman begins
man beneath the cowl- bale dammit

i want the color to be black like in batman '89, the matte black in begins tended to look gray at times. i love the gaunlets and boots from batman because they look armored with a twinge of homemade feel. it would basically look like a sleeker version of the '89 batsuit, but with a bigger cape, better belt, and a bigger batman.

Batman Begins was simply supperior in every way to every other back suit before it.

Whack Arnolds said:
The BEGINS cape was the first actual cape, and the only cape that actually flowed and took the breeze and was free flowing like the cape from the comics. It also was for the first time the large, bat-wing like apparatus it was supposed to be like. It wasn't bulky and heavy.

not true. the batman 89 cape flowed plenty and similarly could be used as a batwing gliders in both 89 and returns... and had more texture and depth. I felt bale's cape look best when it was soaking wet and caught the light more. I know he's batman and realistically having a cape that's stylish would be silly, but it's not a reality show it's a movie and is supposed to be stylish, I think.

I prefer the 89 cape. The same kind that's used in superman returns. It's funny that it's switched around like this now.

Whack Arnolds said:
Nothing beats that shot of Batman from BEGINS, crouched like a gargoyle on the side of the building as the long cape flows and he truly looks like a giant menacing bat-creature perched and stalking prey above his city.

hell yeah, that was cool

My ideal batman costume would be the one from 89 but with the chest symbol changed to the one from returns... that's all.

Wesyeed said:
not true. the batman 89 cape flowed plenty and similarly could be used as a batwing gliders in both 89 and returns... and had more texture and depth. I felt bale's cape look best when it was soaking wet and caught the light more. I know he's batman and realistically having a cape that's stylish would be silly, but it's not a reality show it's a movie and is supposed to be stylish, I think.

I prefer the 89 cape. The same kind that's used in superman returns. It's funny that it's switched around like this now.
The concept of a cape is entirely un-realistic. That's not the point, and the movie isn't intended or supposed to be "realistic", so it keeps the fun of having the character wear a cape. And no, the B89 cape wasn't a "free flowing cape" ala Begins. Burton even mentions this on the dvd. He said it was too heavy and too short for his liking, but it was the best they could do. The glider was big in Returns, but it didn't make sense because this short cape (comes down to his ankles, which is usually pretty short for Batman)...and then magically it becomes around the size of the BEGINS cape, then magically returns to its former shape and size. BEGINS just gives a brief, but good explanation and keeps it the same size through out the entire movie. Massive bat-wings, and a longer cape always looks more elegant and intimidating. It gives the illusion that he is even BIGGER than he is, thus creating more "urban legend" stories...just like the comics, where people don't actually know how big he is...but they speculate.

Whack Arnolds said:
The concept of a cape is entirely un-realistic. That's not the point, and the movie isn't intended or supposed to be "realistic", so it keeps the fun of having the character wear a cape. And no, the B89 cape wasn't a "free flowing cape" ala Begins. Burton even mentions this on the dvd. He said it was too heavy and too short for his liking, but it was the best they could do. The glider was big in Returns, but it didn't make sense because this short cape (comes down to his ankles, which is usually pretty short for Batman)...and then magically it becomes around the size of the BEGINS cape, then magically returns to its former shape and size. BEGINS just gives a brief, but good explanation and keeps it the same size through out the entire movie. Massive bat-wings, and a longer cape always looks more elegant and intimidating. It gives the illusion that he is even BIGGER than he is, thus creating more "urban legend" stories...just like the comics, where people don't actually know how big he is...but they speculate.

Look at the scene in Batman('89) when Bats and Vale have had to abandon the Batmobile and Batman is running and says "Shields." The cape seems to be flowing to me...very Baman-like. I also liked the way the 89 cape draped around him, the seams meeting in the front to run straight down, hiding his hands. I always thought that was one of Batman's strengths - his sleight of hand, almost like a magician. He has an edge when his cloak is closed and you don't know what surprise he might spring on you. I thought the 89 suit was the best with its smooth muscle structure and color.

Spider - Man said:
Look at the scene in Batman('89) when Bats and Vale have had to abandon the Batmobile and Batman is running and says "Shields." The cape seems to be flowing to me...very Baman-like.
Yeah, because he is RUNNING. More momentum and wind. The BEGINS cape majestically does it all the time. Look at the scene where he picks up Rachel and turns to carry her out of the Arkham basement...the cape just drifts with the movement. MUCH better visually. Burton actually says on the S.E. Dvd that he would have rather have had a different cape. What's there to argue about? The Original capes were VERY heavy and don't look the appropriate length from the comics, and don't stylishly take to the wind like the comic and BEGINS version. Doesn't make it bad, it's not a knock, it is just the truth.

I also liked the way the 89 cape draped around him, the seams meeting in the front to run straight down, hiding his hands. I always thought that was one of Batman's strengths - his sleight of hand, almost like a magician. He has an edge when his cloak is closed and you don't know what surprise he might spring on you. I thought the 89 suit was the best with its smooth muscle structure and color.
I like when the cape is around him as well. We only saw one scene of this in BEGINS, when he has Rachel at the cave and it looks extremely cool. Only problem is the clasps don't let it close as tight as the one from B89. But it looks good none the less. I hope to see it more in the future sequels.

Yeah... the cape moves when batman moves or the wind catches it in both begins and 89... The begins cape didn't move on its own from what I saw. If the wind blew it, it rippled and if batman moved, it'd spread out somewhat. I think it's the same with all capes. Cape length and size or heaviness aside, it did flow with him rather nicely imo, expecially in the money-shot after he blew up axis chemicles. It looked straight out of the books.

And I'm not arguing about the cape-glider's size. It's a batwing apparatus built into his cape, that's all i'm sayin boss...

B89 and the BEGINS cape look and act completely seperate. BEGINS catches the wind even when he is sitting on a railing looking at Rachel. Looks so much better.

Something close to the Batman Year One costume so it would look like the Batman: Dead End batsuit.

Begins costume with a darker emblem and cowl. That is all.

Katsuro said:
Begins costume with a darker emblem and cowl. That is all.

The Begins suit was completly black... look on Bob Dullams begins suits,, he run em in Foam latex.. just like the real movie suits.. and same brand as in begins.
ALso black, but may look grey in some sets and lightings.

Still black :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"