Your Top 5 Trilogies

Wheels

Groovy
Staff member
Reaction score
List your top 5 trilogies and feel free to discuss anything pertaining to the topic of trilogies in film.

1. The original Star Wars Trilogy
2. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
3. The Dollars Trilogy
4. The Dark Knight Trilogy
5. The Toy Story Trilogy

I would probably say:

1. Lord of the Rings
2. Nolan Batman
3. Original Star Wars
4. Back to the Future
5. Evil Dead

There's a few others I had to leave out sadly.

1. Lord of the Rings

2. Pirates of the Caribbean.
3. Dark Knight.
4. Toy Story.

Does Indiana Jones still count as a trilogy plus one, or would I have to include the whole series?

Would the Original Indiana Trilogy count? It was technically a trilogy for a long time, and Last Crusade had a pretty good ending and closure for the series. Other is Pirates of the Caribbean, the first 3 were basically a storyline dealing with Will, while the 4th film is more of a one shot sequel to it, or the MCU films, while Iron Man 3 was more of a sequel to Avengers than IM 2, the three films were still technically a trilogy.

1. The Apu Trilogy - Satyajit Ray
2. The Disconnection/Isolation Trilogy - Michelangelo Antonioni
3. Toy Story Trilogy - Pixar
4. The Depression Trilogy - Lars von Trier
5. The Trilogy of Life - Pier Paolo Pasolini

I'll allow the Indy trilogy since it was around for awhile before the fourth film.

Well, the first 3 Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers film are still mostly billed as a trilogy, with the last one planning a "second trilogy"

Well, the first 3 Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers film are still mostly billed as a trilogy, with the last one planning a "second trilogy"

True. It really depends on your viewpoint.

Transformers
Jurassic Park
LOTR
Toy Story
Star Wars Orginal Trilogy

1. Three Colours
2. Hou Hsiao-Hsien's Taiwanese History Trilogy
3. Man With No Name
4. Days of Being Wild
5. Apu

Last edited:
1. Star Wars
2. Indiana Jones
3. Back to the Future
4. Lord of the Rings
5. Batman Trilogy

Honorable Mentions: Toy Story, and Man with No Name

Back to the Future is the only trilogy where I love the whole thing all the way through.

The Original Star Wars is a close second but Return of the Jedi has too many low points for me to count it.

I suppose I could also add in Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Hannibal. But No Jodi Foster in the last one kinda killed it. Still one of the best though.

1. The Lord of the Rings
2. Star Wars
3. The Dark Knight
4. Indiana Jones
5. Back to the Future

1. The Lord of the Rings
2. Back to the Future
3. Dark Knight Trilogy
4. Star Trek Trilogy (2-4)
5. Star Wars OT

1. Star Wars
2. Indiana Jones
3. The Godfather
4. Lord of the Rings
5. Back to the Future

Honorable mentions: Alien (i ignore the last one lol), Hannibal trilogy (Silence of the Lambs, Red Dragon, Hannibal), Bourne Trilogy, POTC, Jurassic Park.

I wanted to add Godfather but the weak 3rd movie prevents it even though I'd rate the first two as easy 10 out of 10s. Same thing to a lesser extent, Alien, X-Men, Spider-Man, Mariachi, Blade, Terminator, Scream. Solid 8-10 movies with lackluster third movies.

I couldnt leave those movies out, despite Sofia Coppola's performance in Godfather 3 lol. First two are the closest to perfection as i'll ever consider a movie to be.

Agreed on Spiderman, X-Men and Terminator.

Yeah, that's the problem with so many trilogies. So many of them just fall apart in the third installment for whatever reason.

Could be worse, there's many that I think only did 1 decent movie followed by 2 lackluster sequels.

1. Indiana Jones
2. Original Star Wars
3. Back to the Future
4. Dark Knight Trilogy
5. Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy

Honorable mentions:
Spider-man Trilogy
Godfather trilogy
Lord of the Rings

Very hard to just pick 5 so I'm just gonna list a bunch haha, in no particular order.

Godfather
Indy
Back to the Future
Jurassic Park
LOTR
Star Wars OT
POTC
TDK
Toy Story

Alien
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars

I guess that's it.

Toy Story
Back to the Future
Child's Play
Rush Hour

And yes, The Matrix, but more so because it was so entertaining.

In no particular order:

Star Wars Original Trilogy
Toy Story
The Dark Knight
Back to the Future
The Godfather (Only because the first two were so outstanding)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"