The Dark Knight Rises Other great trilogies and where TDKR fits for you

The Bourne trilogy is still the only trilogy (IMO) that gets progressively better with each movie. Identity is good, Supremacy is great, and Ultimatum is incredible. Definitely underrated.

Hey, I get flack for not stating the obvious, so I might as well see everyone else doing it too.

I think the majority of us would agree that TDKR isn't as good as TDK. I might be one of the minority who even likes BB more than TDKR, but I think even the mainstream would agree with the former point

1. Star Wars: Original Trilogy

2. Lord of the Rings Trilogy

3. Back to the Future

4. The Dark Knight Trilogy

And that's all you need to know ;)

I have difficulty counting Back to the Future among the best trilogies because while I like parts 2 and 3, the first is the only one that's a true classic. You could say the same about Indiana Jones but I feel the sequels are slightly stronger there, especially with The Last Crusade.

The Bourne trilogy is still the only trilogy (IMO) that gets progressively better with each movie. Identity is good, Supremacy is great, and Ultimatum is incredible. Definitely underrated.

Imo, Supremacy is the best Bourne film.

I think the majority of us would agree that TDKR isn't as good as TDK. I might be one of the minority who even likes BB more than TDKR, but I think even the mainstream would agree with the former point

I wouldn't say the mainstream feels that way at all. Each film has their own fanbase, and the ending has just an amount of fans as TDK, imo.

It's not ranked in what I see as great film trilogies largely due to the underwhelming and very disappointing third chapter that is The Dark Knight Rises. I do love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight very much though.

1. TDK
2. Star Wars
3. LOTR

Haha I hate when people say this like its the common fact. The film got better reviews than Begins and still ranks among one of the best action/adventure films ever made. Yes it wont win THE oscar but just because it wasn't the movie YOU wanted it to be doesn't mean it was unanimously a let down.

Honestly i dont find more hate for TDKR anywhere more than here!

When i think of trilogies regarding a main character progress during 3 movies , i always thought about Godfather (Michael Corleone) , Star Wars OT (Luke) and Inagaki Samurai's Trilogy (Musashi)...so in that sense i add a fourth one with Dark Knight Trilogy ( Bruce Wayne).

But a trilogy can also be a list of 3 movies where the actions occurs in the same universe , or 3 movies linked thematically. That list would be more vast.

On the genre , Nolan did something unparalleled , in terms quality and coherence.

1) Indiana Jones - still a trilogy for me. And with the best 3rd movie of a trilogy ever.

2) Back To The Future - BTTF I is my favourite movie of all times. BTTF II is nearly as great. Part III is kinda lame compared to I and II but still very entertaining.

3) The Godfather - I and II are absolutely great. III is pretty good.

The TDK-Trilogy? Mmmmmh. TDKR was an awful film IMHO. I even enjoyed Spider-Man III much more. And X-Men III, of course.

The Godfather Trilogy
The Dark Knight Trilogy
Back to the Future Trilogy
Bourne Trilogy
The Matrix Trilogy

I purposely didn't include my Star Wars because it's not a trilogy in my eyes anymore. And yes, you read that right, no Rings trilogy. Doesn't belong with those five. Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy would be sixth on my list.

1- The Dark Knight Trilogy
2- The Man With No Name Trilogy
3- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"