Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon | Netflix

Looks like it's following a similar formula from the first where instead of every recruit getting a scene of them joining the effort, they get a scene showing them in action. The fight on the plummeting starship admittedly looks dope though.

Sigh. I guess I’ll have to watch this just so that the jokes in the inevitable Pitch Meeting land.
The question, as in most movies in Snyder's filmography these days, is should one watch the crappier but shorter version or the still crappy yet less so but longer version? It's one of those big life dilemmas.

Last edited:
Zack said this was the action section of Rebel Moon and from what I've seen from the trailer, this exactly what I wanted. Hopefully it won't be as neutered as Part 1 was.

I like how now both the hero and the villain have awful bowlcuts so their hair looks as bad as the rest of the movie.

Snyder's movies usually have great action and fight scenes. What the hell happened here?

I guess the good news is that he didn't need to use as much slow mo as usual. When your actors are already moving at half-speed during their fight scenes, it really saves time in the edit.

Snyder's movies usually have great action and fight scenes. What the hell happened here?

I guess the good news is that he didn't need to use as much slow mo as usual. When your actors are already moving at half-speed during their fight scenes, it really saves time in the edit.
He was focusing on building a universe. :o

I like how now both the hero and the villain have awful bowlcuts so their hair looks as bad as the rest of the movie.
Between Rebel Moon and The Crow, what's up with these crappy haircuts?! Hopefully this doesn't become a thing...unless it's like Nathan Fillion with a bowl cut. That's different.

Enjoyed the first movie and enjoyed the new trailer. Bring it on

Recently checked out Part One and it was mind numbingly bad. Really embarrassing once you compare it to Dune.
I wasn’t fond of Dune but it was better than Rebel Moon. Even the bad Star Wars movies are better. So is Jupiter Ascending and Valerian. I thought Battle Beyond the Stars though was pretty much equivalently nonsense.

I wasn’t fond of Dune but it was better than Rebel Moon. Even the bad Star Wars movies are better. So is Jupiter Ascending and Valerian. I thought Battle Beyond the Stars though was pretty much equivalently nonsense.
Even Battlefield Earth?

Never seen it. Or rather I avoided it because of the association with Scientology. Like that Will and Jaden Smith movie whose name I can’t recall.
That one was terrible for a different reason and wasn't Scientology propaganda...

Yeah I wonder where Rebel Moon ranks among the worst space-based sci-fi films of this century. I would probably rank it (marginally) higher than:

Valerian
Afterbirth… I mean After Earth
Battlefield Earth
Jupiter Ascending
Doom

Yeah I wonder where Rebel Moon ranks among the worst space-based sci-fi films of this century. I would probably rank it (marginally) higher than:

Valerian
Battlefield Earth
Jupiter Ascending
Doom
I enjoyed 65 more because it was shorter and less incoherent.

Valerian
Battlefield Earth
Jupiter Ascending
Doom
I liked Valerian. :sadden:

At least Valerian and Jupiter Ascending were more unique, complete and not edited down to death and turned into a a half-story mush in need of 'director's cuts' and 'part 2s'. Automatically that's why I'd put those 2 ahead of Rebel Moon and rather annoyed-watch those than touch RM again. That's part of my argument for them above it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"