Zack Snyder zombie film "Army of the Dead" on Netflix

Err why were there zombie robots in some scenes ?

If you pay close attention, there’s a number of zombies that are clearly not zombies. You see normal zombies and then you see some robot zombies. Are they monitors that the government has placed among the zombies to monitor them? Are they technology from the other world? What’s happening there?

Oooh interesting . Thanks for the heads up man , shame the film overall was average as hell. Synder really does frustrate me, its kinda annoying how his films are so hit and miss. The dude has great vision but damn he cant combine coherent stories properly. Oh well its a popcorn flick so i wont go on a massive rant lol

I enjoyed the film for the most part but felt that about 20 min could have been cut

The daughter was totally unnecessary and was a total hindrance to the rest of the team. Her dumbass should have died before everyone else on the team

With that said, I’m interested in a sequel and to see how they expand on this world

I enjoyed this one personally, not Snyders greatest by any means but he seemed to be having fun here while trying to make his own Aliens. AotD was no where near that masterpiece but I enjoyed it, there were some great kills and the action was quite frequent, with some characters I liked.

I would have made it a bit shorter by about 20 mins but other than that I was good. And I like the idea behind the Alpha I hope that gets explored more. 7/10.

I thought this was solid for mindless entertainment. The plot doesn't always make sense and it is odd that they describe things like Zombies coming alive in the rain and don't do anything with it. Also, the sense of time in this thing is beyond broken. But turn your brain off, and this is fun

dfe0c58791bf81fe9aab07157fc29a4cb8cbce93.gifv

The movie is easily a 6/10 for me, lots of cool ideas with crap execution.

As for the use of the song "Zombie", Snyder should've just used the Bad Wolves cover which frames the song to modern times with Drone Strikes and what not, at least it would be more generally thematic instead of a specific event in history.

I feel like a sequel where they expand on these ideas might add some more substance to the first film in hindsight. Guess we'll see! Lots of cool little things were planted, but they could have used a bit more focus/added mystery.

Hey if nothing else, there are so few actual big budget zombie flicks that this one holds a special place despite so many flaws and plotholes. Far better than the watered down World War Z.

Tig Notaro was green screened flawlessly, considering they had to completely blend her into this live cast, which she did not shoot with at all. Very impressive.

A very fun and solid 7.

What's the story around this?

What's the story around this?

D’Elia was accused of various examples of sexual misconduct starting in March 2020, right at the beginning of the pandemic. After Snyder decided to remove the actor and replace him with Notaro, the pandemic prevented the entire cast from getting together to reshoot select scenes. As Vulture reports: “Notaro would have to film almost all of her scenes in front of a green screen with no other actors in sight, and Snyder’s team would then edit them into the existing footage…Her footage couldn’t be pasted over D’Elia’s — matching their movements beat for beat would be too complicated, and the actors’ size difference would make Notaro look unnaturally large.”

Zack Snyder Had to Digitally Recreate All of Tig Notaro for Some ‘Army of the Dead’ Scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"