Zack Snyder zombie film "Army of the Dead" on Netflix

‘Army of Thieves’: Prequel to Zack Snyder’s ‘Army of the Dead’ Coming to Netflix This Fall [Images]

Additionally, we’ve learned that the new movie will hit Netflix this Fall!

Meet the cast below.

Matthias Schweighöfer is directing Army of Thieves, a prequel movie that will center on his character that we first met in Zack Snyder’s Army of the Dead. His name is Dieter.

In Army of Thieves

“Small-town bank teller Dieter gets drawn into the adventure of a lifetime when a mysterious woman recruits him to join a crew of Interpol’s most wanted criminals, attempting to heist a sequence of legendary, impossible-to-crack safes across Europe.”

Announced today, Nathalie Emmanuel, Ruby O. Fee, Stuart Martin, Guz Khan, Jonathan Cohen, and Noémie Nakai star alongside Matthias Schweighöfer in Army of Thieves.

'Lucifer,' 'Army of Thieves,' and More Join Netflix Geeked’s Comic-Con@Home Panel Line-Up

Netflix Geeked will wrap up Comic-Con@Home with a sneak peek of Army of Thieveson Sunday, July 25 at 2:00pm PT. Zack Snyder’s Netflix blockbuster, Army of the Dead, was only the beginning. Synder and fellow producers Deborah Snyder, and Wesley Coller will be joined by director and star Matthias Schweighöfer and Nathalie Emmanuel to discuss the heist that started it all. In this action-packed prequel, Dieter, our favorite safecracker, gets drawn into the adventure of a lifetime when a mysterious woman recruits him to join a crew of Interpol’s most wanted criminals, attempting to heist a sequence of legendary, impossible-to-crack safes across Europe.

“More safes. Less zombies” is really what they want to try and sell us lol

Considering the Zombies were the worst in AOTD, thats actually a good thing. XD
But still, did anybody really want a prequel to this, focused on the safe cracker?

Sadly expected...but i wont lie, im kind of curious on how he will butcher the sequel.

I thought the safe cracker was a good character, so I will watch a short movie on him for sure, gives me motivation to watch the original again.

Nathalie Emmanuel is in the prequel.....any chance she was sent by Dom Torretto to recruit these characters?

:hmm

Nah.

I watched it, and it's stupid, but I enjoyed it.
First portion before the main part of the plot is loaded with stupid people making stupid decisions, but the film gets better once the main plot starts rolling.

Action is pretty cool and fun.

Zombie tiger wants to sleep, lol.

The ending is discount Train to Busan, it still feels touching and sad, but not as well done. Probably because this time it is the daughter's fault her father was killed cause she knowingly insisted on joining him in danger knowing the risks, and not a child that was meant to be taking back to her mother's care without knowing to expect zombies on the way.

Post credits scene turned my favorite character in the film into a selfish prick who endangers people, and it also confuses audience when it comes to rules of zombification.

I don't know what to rate it when it comes to quality, but it is more average than good, while certainly more fun than boring.

I enjoyed it, typical Friday night dvd movie.
I don't want more of the same, but I don't want it too different... in the sense he goes into lore and the metaphores... just give us a good movie trying to contain an airport...

Yeah I liked the safecracker guy. I might watch a prequel about him but “More safes, less zombies” is… quite a choice for a tag line lol.

Not surprised at all that a sequel is coming but I guess
they will have a whole new cast unless they decide to cash in on that stupid time loop tease. I could see Snyder doing that and making Zombie Groundhog Day but fumbling the ball as usual because he can’t help himself.

Yeah I liked the safecracker guy. I might watch a prequel about him but “More safes, less zombies” is… quite a choice for a tag line lol.

Not surprised at all that a sequel is coming but I guess
they will have a whole new cast unless they decide to cash in on that stupid time loop tease. I could see Snyder doing that and making Zombie Groundhog Day but fumbling the ball as usual because he can’t help himself.

That would at least be something creative a new...i mean has anybody done something like that before?
A Zombie Groundhog Day movie?
Because otherwise it will probably the same zombie cliche filled Snyder Zombie movie...and the first one sucked on that front already.

That would at least be something creative a new...i mean has anybody done something like that before?
A Zombie Groundhog Day movie?
Because otherwise it will probably the same zombie cliche filled Snyder Zombie movie...and the first one sucked on that front already.

Yeah I haven’t seen that sort of thing done in a zombie movie yet but… I’m not sure Snyder is the guy to make it work.

Interesting... I thought Junkie XL's music for AOTD and the Snyder Cut was boring and bad at times. According to Zimmer's site, he co-wrote all the best tracks for BvS with Mazzaro and Benjamin Wallfisch. Makes sense.

Looking forward to it, makes me want to watch the first movie again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"