Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digging the new look for Megatron.

IqlT.gif

He doesn't have them in that scene based on the snippets we've seen of Snyder's footage though. And if he has them there then why doesn't he have them during the final battle (which we've also seen snippets of)? I guess we'll see. We do know for a fact, however, that at some point his armor covers his entire face with only the red eye showing.

I could see him looking like this in the new Knightmare scene.

I'm closely following the whole thing, but I don't remember reading something about a new nightmare scene... Is it confirmed or speculation ?
I remember this though :
Screen-Shot-2016-09-17-at-9.47.56-AM.png

In any case, I would really like a new scene in this world. But if it hasn't been shot already, I guess it'll be without batfleck...

I'm closely following the whole thing, but I don't remember reading something about a new nightmare scene... Is it confirmed or speculation ?
I remember this though :
Screen-Shot-2016-09-17-at-9.47.56-AM.png

In any case, I would really like a new scene in this world. But if it hasn't been shot already, I guess it'll be without batfleck...

zo90bb3ery151.jpg

He said this a few months ago.

I figure Zack will be taking the opportunity to use stuff from MoS and BvS in particular as flashbacks and insert potential unused scenes from BvS as connecting and recap scenes which should expand the available material somewhat.

I'm suspecting that during the BvS shoot, Zack shot a lot more Knightmare footage than he put in the movie--footage he was planning to use in the future and thats what we're gonna see. I don't think he shot any knightmare scenes during the actual JL shoot, but I could very well be wrong.

Makes sense based on the concept art.

DqL2gZXUwAARDpn.jpg

That's pretty much the only way I'm going to like this design in its execution; if he transforms, if there's some sort of "werewolf" component to it. Without that, some organic reason for it, the whole thing just looks kind of ridiculous and overdesigned.

Consider Cyborg. His armor changes and adapts. It has spiky harsh edged type plates in it. It is given to him by the Motherbox.

3d5f08e3bfd5cee2165e1eacd0413ac0.jpg

Movies-Gallery_JusticeLeague2017_CY_59f8bff734b804.79706319.jpg

Its pretty clear Snyder's original intention for Steppenwolf would be that his armor was also from the motherboxes and equally reactive and adaptive. Then Whedon came in and just gave Steppenwolf generic armor completely removing that connection between Cyborg, the Motherboxes, and Steppenwolf.

Last edited:
These are the guys who were guarding the underwater motherbox, right? At least the same armor. I wonder what they're doing on location (because that underwater scene was obviously shot against agreen screen in a studio). Could it be the same location where this Mera still was photographed?

nintchdbpict000274343895.jpg

FishLawyer: Your Honor, my client was physically attacked by Queen Mera.
Judge: How so?
Fishlawyer: She sliced his pinky finger with a coke zero can.
Me: She also peed in my food your honor.
Judge: In what context?
Me: She said because we were under water that we were surrounded by poo and pee to begin with, so it was fine.

Consider Cyborg. His armor changes and adapts. It has spiky harsh edged type plates in it. It is given to him by the Motherbox.

3d5f08e3bfd5cee2165e1eacd0413ac0.jpg

Movies-Gallery_JusticeLeague2017_CY_59f8bff734b804.79706319.jpg

Its pretty clear Snyder's original intention for Steppenwolf would be that his armor was also from the motherboxes and equally reactive and adaptive. Then Whedon came in and just gave Steppenwolf generic armor completely removing that connection between Cyborg, the Motherboxes, and Steppenwolf.

So the Steppenwolf that Snyder originally created is now being blamed on Whedon...

9xx0jfp9sh641.jpg

Snyder pretty much confirmed a while ago on Vero that he compromised on a lot of things on JL. Given the original Steppenwolf pre-viz sequence and his design in BvS Ultimate Edition, along with Snyder utilizing the original design, not exactly far-fetched to assume that WB asked him to change Steppenwolf's appearance so he would look less scary or something.

I suppose Steppenwolf was Originally going to be like this but covered with Spiky-armor.

It's annoying how pics featuring the theatrical Steppenwolf that Snyder has shared over the years are now used as a type of 'gotcha'. "See, only now in hindsight is Snyder claiming that the theatrical version wasn't his version". So which is more believable: a) Snyder had one design for BvS and more or less the same during JL previs but then all of a sudden decided to change the design completely or b) Warner made him change it in the hopes of making a less scary, more mainstream movie?

It's annoying how pics featuring the theatrical Steppenwolf that Snyder has shared over the years are now used as a type of 'gotcha'. "See, only now in hindsight is Snyder claiming that the theatrical version wasn't his version". So which is more believable: a) Snyder had one design for BvS and more or less the same during JL previs but then all of a sudden decided to change the design completely or b) Warner made him change it in the hopes of making a less scary, more mainstream movie?
It's a mix of a and b he was forced to change the look but during previs had the BvS look. But was forced to change the look to be more family friendly and make more toys.

It's a mix of a and b he was forced to change the look but during previs had the BvS look. But was forced to change the look to be more family friendly and make more toys.

What you're describing is option b though. a was "Snyder decided to change it on his own for some reason" and b was "the studio made him do it".

Btw, is there a direct quote from Snyder about the studio wanting a more "family-friendly" Steppenwolf? This is obviously what happened but just curious if there is a quote. Sometimes I wish he tweeted because it's easier to find tweets than it is to scan through comments on his vero posts.

What you're describing is option b though. a was "Snyder decided to change it on his own for some reason" and b was "the studio made him do it".

Btw, is there a direct quote from Snyder about the studio wanting a more "family-friendly" Steppenwolf? This is obviously what happened but just curious if there is a quote. Sometimes I wish he tweeted because it's easier to find tweets than it is to scan through comments on his vero posts.
yes watch the video viewing party for BvS he talks about it there as well as other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"