Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thats a rarity in this day and age where every movie is just a set up for the next film down the line.

yeah, i hate that sh1t.
people hated it in Ironman 2, AOU, BvS and yet they still keep doing it.

Amber Heard looked good on film in the little Zack shot JL we have seen.

in AM she could have been easily replaced by anyone IMO. ... and I hear she sleeps with the fishes. ! :D

Her costume was silly right off the bat. Looked like a sequined jump suit from the disco era compared to the other costumes in AM. JL out fit was great.

AM to me, has the look of a comic book brought to life. Snyder’s films are life inspired by comic references.

AM got way too Clash of the Titans for my taste. More of a 70s Godzilla movie with elements from old Kung-fu movies thrown in.
Fun but not thought provoking.

Kung-fu TV series BTW , classic :up:

Not every movie needs to be thought provoking. thought provoking films are not inherently better films than other types. this is not a personal attack on you. i just see people use that agruement against films like AM trying o imply that they are lesser.

i do agree that Amber Heard was just an "insert female character here". she could be replaced by an actual fish.

Amber Heard looked good on film in the little Zack shot JL we have seen.

in AM she could have been easily replaced by anyone IMO. ... and I hear she sleeps with the fishes. ! :D

Her costume was silly right off the bat. Looked like a sequined jump suit from the disco era compared to the other costumes in AM. JL out fit was great.

AM to me, has the look of a comic book brought to life. Snyder’s films are life inspired by comic references.

AM got way too Clash of the Titans for my taste. More of a 70s Godzilla movie with elements from old Kung-fu movies thrown in.
Fun but not thought provoking.

Kung-fu TV series BTW , classic :up:

Oddly enough, I feel as though Aquaman had visual cues from two of Snyder's movies, 300 and Watchmen the color palette is obviously brighter though.
5x8xv97pioe31.png

Snyder has referenced Lord of The Rings a lot while completing his JL, so it's not surprising to me in the slightest that the Atlanteans armor, specifically Vulko and Mera, looks like something pulled from those films here, that's the aesthetic of his JL in some ways.

thats a great list. i still cant stand the flash look. it just rubs me the wring way everytime i see it. it just too busy for my tastes. every other suit seems to streamedlined and easier on the eyes. they are ggggreat.

Hot take: The knightmare suit for Flash is better than his actual suit.
El6SmuHXUAIfnvh.jpg

Not every movie needs to be thought provoking. thought provoking films are not inherently better films than other types. this is not a personal attack on you. i just see people use that agruement against films like AM trying o imply that they are lesser.

i do agree that Amber Heard was just an "insert female character here". she could be replaced by an actual fish.

I agree. As I said, it was fun. Just not “deep” :o

And not AS rewatchable for me.

Oddly enough, I feel as though Aquaman had visual cues from two of Snyder's movies, 300 and Watchmen the color palette is obviously brighter though.
5x8xv97pioe31.png

it was good for what it was. light hearted fantasy adventure much more in line with STM than MoS.

I thought it was a fun watch just not my fav.

But Warner Bros. did nix some of his more sweeping notions for Justice League, like adding a romance between Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne and Amy Adams’s Lois Lane, who was mourning Superman’s death in the previous film. “The intention was that Bruce fell in love with Lois and then realized that the only way to save the world was to bring Superman back to life,” says Snyder. “So he had this insane conflict, because Lois, of course, was still in love with Superman. We had this beautiful speech where [Bruce] said to Alfred: ‘I never had a life outside the cave. I never imagined a world for me beyond this. But this woman makes me think that if I can get this group of gods together, then my job is done. I can quit. I can stop.’ And of course that doesn’t work out for him.”

There would have been a thousand pages of discussion on here alone about this. Lol.

I don’t mind Bruce having a thing for Lois, it was done in the worlds finest animated crossover.

but the idea of Batman, who is trying to honor Superman’s sacrifice, having a thing for the guy’s mourning girlfriend.... just doesn’t sit well with me and I’m sure a lot of others. It’s a provocative side plot, but it would’ve been completely out of left field for this movie. For every couple of dozen bogus studio executive notes, I’m sure there were at least half as many bizarre Snyder ideas to accompany them. Lord only knows how many bad ideas there are that never got past the writers table.

Seems like Nolan didn't like the Whedon Cut either. I wonder if he did watch the full Snyder Cut before Zack left the project.
After their private screening of the Whedon cut, Nolan and Deborah Snyder emerged into the light with a shared mission. “They came and they just said, ‘You can never see that movie,’” Zack Snyder says during lunch at his Pasadena office, a modernist series of cubes jutting from a hillside that overlooks the Rose Bowl.

“He has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans’ minds.”

Green Lantern? Maybe Ryan Reynolds is in this :cwink:

I’m very surprised that Nolan even took the time to sit down and watch that. I figured that after his work on MOS and there being a new Batman, he’d just sit back and collect those executive producer checks.

would love to have been sitting next to him during the screening. Probably would’ve covered his eyes with his scarf.

Wonder if George Miller has also seen it, he was also Executive Producer.

Theatrical JL had 11 Producers and Executive Producers.

If I wasn’t already with the society line, I am now 115% convinced that Snyder is poking fun at fans like me who can’t stand the religious parallel stuff, and honestly, it’s hilarious and I’m loving it.

he was probably thinking to himself “well if the stained glass window of Jesus in back of Clark in the church, or Superman posing like Jesus leaving Zod’s ship, or the crosses behind Superman’s dead body weren’t enough...... wait till I bring back Jared Leto and make him wear a god damn crown of thorns.”

I see you, Zack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"