Zombieland writers taking on G.I. Joe sequel

This will be an uphill fight to get people to understand that the quality is different from the first to the second.

Sounds good to me! :up:

Personally, I hope Sommers returns as director. I enjoyed the first movie and I think that with a higher quality script he could deliver a much better movie all around.

Im happy that they atleast hired some hot tallent instead of just handing it off to anyone looking for a quick job

Havent seen Zombieland but heard nothing but great things, so this is a step in the right direction for me, I liked the first movie, but it needed something more, maybe these guys can do it? Lets hope so.

They seem to be pretty self aware and somewhat of a geeky nature, so if they take cues from the shows and old toys, I am down. Dreadnoks for the win, fool.

I've no doubt they're good. Question is whether they can maintain the genre/setting that the first movie established. Can they keep things campy or will they make it overly serious or overuse slap-stick comedy?

Man I wish I could write a movie with horrible dialogue where all the funny moments were improvised, so I could get a job writing a sequel to a bad movie.

Only reason Zombieland was good was the director, and unless his name pops up here, we're doomed for GI:Joe 2.

^Well we have yet to see who is directing the movie, I dont think Summers will be back if the rumours of the trouble on the first movie are true.

I really like this news. They sure are getting a lot of work recently.

I hope they can carry on their tradition with a witty and fun Joe sequel that is more character driven.

I loved Zombieland. Great news to me.

Last edited:
I really like this news. They sure are getting a lot of work recently.

I hope they can carry on their tradition with a witty and fun Joe sequel that is more character driven.

I think this sequel definately needs to be more character driven, but without much of the cheese this time. For some reason the rivalry of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow was the only one to be taken somewhat seriously in the first movie and its no coincidence it was the best part of the movie also.

Zombieland benefitted from a kinetic and, pardon the pun, delicious editing style.

But the main success was from five words: Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray.

I don't think these writers can save a franchise that is so campy and toy-oriented that the only thing positive about the first film is "Well it isn't as bad as Transformers 2."

Take this with a grain of salt.

Having finally seen Zombieland and thinking it was brilliant, my hopes are a little higher for this sequel.

Yeah, i'm sure a lot of the movie was improvised but many of the gags would have been from the script, like the rules, etc, which I loved, so I think these guys definately have writing talent. Personally i'm still not convinced GIjoe 2 is happening.

If Summers is still the director the movie is still not going to be good. And can they recast Duke? Channing Tatum was terrible.

Who am I kidding? I'm not expecting a good GI JOE sequel anyway.

^Agreed about Tatum, he was more wooden than a tree, not the most likeable lead at all and he just never acted the part well.

I'm still not sure about the sequel either, but if they hired writers, they are at least thinking about it.

Tatum still had better acting then anyone in the Twilight series. I guess since I've never like Duke it didn't bother me. I'm just hoping that these two can up the action and cut back the comedy or at least make it fit better.

Tatum still had better acting then anyone in the Twilight series. I guess since I've never like Duke it didn't bother me. I'm just hoping that these two can up the action and cut back the comedy or at least make it fit better.
I'm sorry, but no.

As much as I hate Twilight, and as much as I love GI Joe... No-one in Twilight is as bad as Channing Tatum. Tatum makes Robert Pattingson look like Leonardo DiCaprio.

The script is finished! :)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/127039-hasbro-ceo-updates-on-gi-joe-2

I have a good feeling about this movie. The first movie's script was rushed to meet the WGA strike deadline, but with G.I. Joe 2, they picked solid writers and gave them plenty of time to work. It's not like the first movie where they only had a couple weeks to work on it and there was no time to polish it up before filming started. The only thing in question now is who will direct (hopefully it's F. Gary Gray).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"