The Official G.I. Joe Products and Merchandise Thread

The toys are starting to appear in stores

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=6301

12" Accelerator Duke action figure commercial

Also, more toy pics

baroness1.jpg

doctor01.jpg

vehicles1.jpg

vehicles2.jpg

cobrarage.jpg

The only problem I have with these figures is the prices, but at least the G.I. Joe figures come with accesories unlike the other $8.00 3.75 figures from Hasbro.

So I got a pleasant surprise when I strolled into Toys R Us today...they had a HUGE display of "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra" movie figures! Vehicles, figures, 3 3/4 inch, 12 inch the whole shebang! :grin:

They didn't have Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Duke, Destro or Cobra Commander in the 3 3/4 inch figures :( Which kinda blew..I did pick up Heavy Duty in Reactive Armor, Ripcord in Accelerator suit, two of the Desert Vipers and that bad ass Hummer vehicle with Nitro Viper.

Honestly these figures are SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!! :woot: I REALLY DO HOPE that the movie turns out to be somewhat tolerable it'll make me like the figures even more.

I cannot wait to get the rest of them....I did notice how Hasbro friggin' repainted a bunch of figures and tried to pass them off as Rise of Cobra figures (like the Croc Master with that Armadillo vehicle which pisses me off because I KNOW that vehicle is in the movie but Hasblow did a really cheapass move not making a new figure for the vehicle...bah!)

The other thing is too that knowing Hasbro's past they usually come out with figures in droves but as time goes on they obviously want to milk it for all its worth and get as much $ as possible so they will come out with figures that look 100 times better than the 1st figures to come out....

..anyways...enough complaining---I'm having a blast with the figures I got and highly recommend them!

GIJoe.jpg

I just brought these on Saturday at TRU, I didn't see them at Walmart so I am going to Walmart on Monday to see if they have anymore.

Nice! Maybe I'll go to TRU tomorrow and see if I can find any. :D

GIJoe.jpg

I just brought these on Saturday at TRU, I didn't see them at Walmart so I am going to Walmart on Monday to see if they have anymore.

We need a close up of that Destro. The package, not the action figure.

Today I bought the Snake Eyes and Zartan figures. I'm probably going to make some customizations to them and then put them on eBay, and then use the funds to buy more figures. I really want to get my hands on the Cobra Commander figure though, because I have some pretty sweet ideas for how to customize it.

My local TRU had nadda but my local Target did! Someone even went to the trouble of sepearting the characters by peg!(also by gender and color oddly enough). They had...

Duke(like 3 pegs of him)
Snake Eyes(3 pegs of him)
Storm Shadow(3 pegs of him)
Heavy Duty
Ripcord(one peg that was a mix of both black characters)
Covergirl(only one of her)
Baroness(4 of her on the female peg. 5th figure was a Cover Girl)
Zartan(2 of him at the end of a Duke peg)
Cobra Trooper(2 pegs of him)
Destro(3 of him mixed into the 2 Cobra Trooper pegs)
Sgt. Stone
Breaker
Shipwreck( a misc. peg consisting of 1 shipwreck, 1 Breaker, 2 Stones, 1 Heavy Duty in regular military attire, and a Snake Eyes)

They also had the Cobra Nightraven and 4 mini vehicles with a joe or cobra included. I didn't buy any(i'm broke) but I get paid on Friday and i'm looking to get some joes this weekend!

Has Anybody seen Scarlet yet? My target didn't have her and I thought she was in the initial waves.

Can we turn this thread into the official products thread.

I picked up a Viper Commando figure today. He's got a nice sculpt, and the pulse gun that fits in the holster is a nice touch. :up:

I just went to my local H-E-B and they had THREE set ups full of the different movie-Joe figures. They didn't have CC in the figures, but they had the little heroes version. The back of his mask was interesting, I'd never seen it before. Silver with bells and whistles on it.

I didn't buy any, but I would have bought the CC full sized if they'd had it, just for kicks. :o

My Toys R Us got them Friday and so did I :).

I got: Duke(desert ambush), Ripcord(delta 6 accelerator suit), Heavy Duty(Impact armor), Covergirl, Shipwreck, Breaker, Destro, Cobra Commander, Zartan, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow(paris pursuit, maskless), Stormshadow(mask), and Baroness(attack on the g.i. joe pit).

Is Shipwreck in the movie? I'm dying to know.

Anyone interested in a Duke 7-11 standee? They screwed me on my Bumblebee one and I guess he thought he was trying to make it up to me by giving me this one. I would have been stoked if it was Snake-Eyes or Storm Shadow or someone like that but....

...anyway, I just don't know what to do with it.

Anyone interested in a Duke 7-11 standee? They screwed me on my Bumblebee one and I guess he thought he was trying to make it up to me by giving me this one. I would have been stoked if it was Snake-Eyes or Storm Shadow or someone like that but....

...anyway, I just don't know what to do with it.

I heard a rumor that if you try to draw some emotion on his face, even with a permanent marker, it wipes right off.

Saw a Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow Rise of Cobra t-shirt at Wal-Mart.

Toys must be selling well. I went to toys r us and target yesterday and they looked like they had been picked through quite a bit. a LOT of them were gone. I could tell they've restocked a couple of times too. I got Scarlett at Target yesterday.

I heard a rumor that if you try to draw some emotion on his face, even with a permanent marker, it wipes right off.

LOL

It's funny... both of those reviews on AICN, while not terribly unkind of to the film, both agreed that Tatum sucked as Duke. Which is SUCH a surprise. I mean, I thought this movie was going to be his breakthrough role. You could just see the oscar potential in "Step Up" and "Fighting." :woot:

Just bought Cover Girl. Great detail for such a little fig ^_^

I wanted to get Duke as my first ever GI Joe because My name is also Conrad (And really, how many flippin' main characters named Conrad are there?) But all they had was the desert gear & I wasn't feelin' that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"