10-11 NBA Thread: Lonestar Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called up Antoine Walker and he just told me this "This is going to sound weird, especially coming from me but the Heat shot too many threes."

Wow, how did Heat squandered 15-pt lead in the 4th Quarter? I thought they have great defense. Heat seriously choked, and now the next 3 games are in Dallas. They might be in serious trouble.

You can't even call this team young, they're just stupid sometimes. This was one of those times. Seriously, after the 4th missed three, you would think they would be like "Hey lets try something else!" Nope.

True.

Though the players weren't the only stupid ones. Where the hell was the coaching staff's heads? Bosh should've been covering Nowitzki long before the game went out of the Heat's hands.

I still think that the Heat will win the series....but when you are getting paid the kind of money that these guys make and when you have no problem declaring yourselves to be the best in the league, you can't make the stupid mistakes that this team made. They deserve every last bit of ridicule that they get between now and Sunday.

There's now 24...

That was amazing

I felt like I needed a cig after that finish

My girl called me when they were down 15, as SOON as we hung up Dirk laid it up and I jumped off my couch "YYYYEEEAAAA"

Wow, how did Heat squandered 15-pt lead in the 4th Quarter? I thought they have great defense. Heat seriously choked, and now the next 3 games are in Dallas. They might be in serious trouble.

The Heat offense let them down. I mean, the Mavs were going to make a run and Dirk was going to get going but when you just stop scoring and let them go wild on the other end, you're not winning games.

True.

Though the players weren't the only stupid ones. Where the hell was the coaching staff's heads? Bosh should've been covering Nowitzki long before the game went out of the Heat's hands.

I still think that the Heat will win the series....but when you are getting paid the kind of money that these guys make and when you have no problem declaring yourselves to be the best in the league, you can't make the stupid mistakes that this team made. They deserve every last bit of ridicule that they get between now and Sunday.

It's going to be a long 3 days for Heat fans. :csad:

I just realized that the Mavs started their run as soon as Wade's showboat "Eff you" 3-ball in front of their bench happened... think that woke them up?

HAHA James always has the same "lost puppy dog" look when things go pear shapes.

Mavs are finding ways to come back/keep it close even when hardly finding any offensive groove...bodes well for the next 3!

The Heat offense let them down. I mean, the Mavs were going to make a run and Dirk was going to get going but when you just stop scoring and let them go wild on the other end, you're not winning games.

It's going to be a long 3 days for Heat fans. :csad:

Yep. And its going to be a long off season for LeBron regardless of whether the Heat win or not. Either they lose and people continue to call him a choke artist and mock his inability to win a title on a team of ringers or they win and people laugh at him for needing to let Wade win a title for him.

Of course, he'll get the last laugh as he makes his millions of dollars, sleeps with his beautiful women and polishes his NBA championship ring, but none the less....I suppose as he gets older things like legacy will become important to him (maybe, if he has a brain they will) and his will now forever be the legacy of Scotty Pippen rather than Michael Jordan (of course, being Scotty Pippen ain't too shabby).

I just realized that the Mavs started their run as soon as Wade's showboat "Eff you" 3-ball in front of their bench happened... think that woke them up?

I think that helped. Kidd hitting that 3 is what really sparked the comeback. Kidd, god love him... finally hitting a shot.

The Heat's offense died....

I've always been of the opinion that when you're up offense becomes more important, and when you're down defense is more important. When you're up and you keep that scoreboard ticking over it just ups the pressure on the other tem to try and keep pace and stops kind of just happen. When you're down though, it's important to hold your opponent so you don't need to chase such a big score and your good defence will generate it's own offense.

Mavs are finding ways to come back/keep it close even when hardly finding any offensive groove...bodes well for the next 3!

It depends. The Mavs need to learn to score. Nowitzki won't be able to bail them out again in the series. The Heat will make adjustments to assure that a fluke like tonight does not happen again. And I do not call it a fluke to detract from what Notwitzki and the Mavs did, it was an amazing comeback. It was a fluke because no professional player, much less three players of the calibre of Wade, James, and Bosh should give up a 15 point lead in the fourth quarter of the NBA finals. But it won't happen again, at least not in this series. The Mavs need to adjust their game plan and work out their kinks so they won't need to come back in the fourth quarter. They need to stop keeping it close and let the Heat keep it close to the Mavs' lead. Unless they can do this, tonight will simply be a speed bump on the Heats' road to the championship.

Probably didn't help.

I think that helped. Kidd hitting that 3 is what really sparked the comeback. Kidd, god love him... finally hitting a shot.
It's overstated. Unless Wade's shot came with an unforeseen side effect of effectively having Miami play keep-a-way from him, an insistence on Hero Ball and general sloppiness, it has nothing to do with anything. The Heat relaxed and went to **** and Dallas capitalized. Simple as that.

Could've been a great thing for the Heat, like when they got spanked by 21 in Game 1 in Chicago. I hope this lights a fire under them 'cause that was just ridiculously bad offense in those last few minutes. Kept focusing on running down the clock with the lead and not scoring points. Why the **** didn't Wade have the ball, wasn't he the one hot? And not that it should've gotten to this point but Bosh should've given it to Chalmers in that last inbounds pass. He had far more room to make something happen. But anyways, Heat have always been great on the road, so I hope it stays that way. 2 out of the next 3 won't hurt. :O

It's overstated. Unless Wade's shot came with an unforeseen side effect of effectively having Miami play keep-a-way from him, an insistence on Hero Ball and general sloppiness, it has nothing to do with anything. The Heat relaxed and went to **** and Dallas capitalized. Simple as that.

Luckily for Miami fans, they won't relax again. Unless the Mavs start playing before the fourth quarter, they won't win this series. They won't get another chance for a miracle comeback.

The real question now is, will Pat Reilly use this embarrassment to fire his seat warmer (aka: Erik Spoelstra) and declare himself head coach so he can finally find a more obvious way to fire a puppet coach and steal the glory of a championship that should've been theirs? :funny:

True. Also the Heat had not one, but two offensive boards before that fast break deal to Nowitzki. They really should give Wade the ball when it's crunch-time and use Lebron to set screens.

Mister J, I'm picking you up. We need drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"