2006 - Year Of Superman

June 20 releases:
advsofsupess34pc4.jpg

supermans34backkx8.jpg

The Adventures of Superman Seasons 3 & 4
Description:
Bullets bounce off him. Criminal masterminds can't outfox him. Even the destructive gizmos dreamed up my mad scientists can't blast him into atoms. Superman has the strength and courage to defeat all foes. And now for the first time in the classic TV series Adventures of Superman, the Man of Steel's exciting flights, fights and super heroics are presented in color.

George Reeves returns as Superman (AKA Clark Kent) in 26 episodes comprising seasons 3 and 4 of the program that ran six seasons total. This time his exploits take him to a stuffy European monarchy, a remote desert isle and even a cave in the year 50,000 BC. Among the villians he faces are invisible thieves, Kryptonite-toting thugs and ,yes, even scurvy-dog pirates. Arrrr, this is mighty adventure.

Features:

* Adventures of Superman: The Color Era
* Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: The Special Effects of Adventures of Superman
* Look, Up in the Sky: The Amazing Story of Superman (excerpts from the new documentary produced by Bryan Singer and Kevin Burns)

superboys1fp0.jpg

Superboy Season 1
Description:

He's no longer a child and not yet a man. He's a boy - a college boy, in fact, who earnestly studies journalism at Shuster University. Clark Kent is his name. And if shy, often bumbling Clark were to tell anyone who he really is, the story would supply the Daily Planet with a year's worth of headlines. The production team whose big-screen spectacular revitalized live-action Superman adventures brings a live-action Boy of Steel to the small screen with 26 year-one episodes of the series that ran four heroic seasons. Bring home all 26 episodes of the first season of "Superboy," plus extras, in this 4-disc collector's set.

Features:

* "Superboy: Getting Off The Ground" - Making-Of Featurette With The Cast And Creators
* Commentaries On 2 Key Episodes By John Haymes Newton And Executive Producer Ilya Salkind
* John Haymes Newton Screen Test
* "Look, Up In The Sky! The Amazing Story Of Superman" - Excerpts From The New Documentary Produced By Bryan Singer And Kevin Burns

loisandclarks3um3.jpg

loisclarks3backad8.jpg

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman Season 3
Description:
Building on the Superman myth, this television series from the 1990s centers on the young adult life of Clark Kent (Dean Cain) in the modern-day city of Metropolis. While struggling to balance his Superman duties with his job working for the Daily Planet, Kent meets and falls in love with Lois Lane, a fellow reporter. When news breaks of Superman's existence, however, Lane becomes smitten with the elusive superhero and, unaware that Kent and Superman are the same person, fends off Kent's romantic advances. Driven by this odd romantic triangle of sorts, the show also focuses on life around the Daily Planet office and Superman's battles with a whole host of villains, making it part-romance, part-action/adventure. Every episode from the third season of the show is included here.

Features:

* "Lois & Clark: A History of Romance" featurette
* "The Man of Steel Trivia Challenge" hosted by Dean Cain
* Excerpts from the documentary "Look, Up in the Sky: The Amazing Story of Superman"

coverb.jpg

Superman: The Animated Series Vol. 3
Official Synopsis: Alien warships instantly appear and attack Metropolis. Superman flies into action to save his beloved city, but his powers are not enough. This enemy is greater than any other Superman will ever know: the malicious Darkseid, a vicious dictator intent on controlling the universe and the one villain Superman is willing to kill ...or die trying. Darkseid vows to Superman, "If you will not be my knight, then you will be my pawn." No idle threat, he manipulates the Man of Steel to take over Earth in a plot that ultimately changes Superman's life forever! With this 2-disc, 18-episode collection, experience the colossal showdown of two titans from the very first punch!

Special Features
• Audio Commentary: Audio Commentaries on select episodes with the creators and the directors ("Apokolips...Now!" Part 2, "New Kids In Town," "Legacy" Part 2).
• Easter Egg: Bonus Commentary
• Featurette: Superman: Behind The Cape -- David Kaufman, voice of Jimmy Olsen, takes you journey on how a show comes together.

B000F0V0LS.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V52430736_.jpg

Superman: Brainiac Attacks Original Animated Movie
Official Synopsis: Embittered by Superman's heroic successes and soaring popularity, Lex Luthor forms a dangerous alliance with the powerful computer/villain Brainiac. Using advanced weaponry and a special strain of Kryptonite harvested from the far reaches of outer space, Luthor specifically redesigns Brainiac to defeat the Man of Steel. But when Brainiac betrays Luthor and reveals its sinister plans for world domination, Superman must brave the mysterious Phantom Zone to find the strength to survive this deadly showdown.

Fly with this all-new, feature-length spectacular and experience the action, adventure and excitement that only Superman can bring home.

Special Features
None

Street Date : June 20th

This is a great time to be a Superman fan. Who am I kidding? It's always a great time :) We got the best :cool:

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
This is a great time to be a Superman fan. Who am I kidding? It's always a great time :) We got the best :cool:

Indeed, Superman's good, But BATMAN is THE BEST !!!! :batman:

UPDATE

B000F0V0MC.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V66719411_.jpg

Krypto the Superdog Vol. 1- Cosmic Canine
Synopsis: Prior to Kal-El being sent from the Planet Krypton prior to its destruction, Jor-El sent the boy's beloved dog, Krypto, up first as the passenger of a test rocket. However, an accident sent the dog into suspended animation until his rocket arrived at Earth, years after Kal-El's arrival. Gaining the standard Kryptonian powers in the planet's yellow sun environment, Krypto soon gets adopted by a lonely boy, Kevin Whitney with the personal permission of Superman. Now together with new found allies, Ace The Bathound and Streaky the Supercat, Krypto fights the forces of evil which include the animal companions of Lex Luthor and The Catwoman.

Features
* Krypto's Hideaway: guided tour of Krypto's spaceship
* Unaired promo introduction to the series

Street Date : June 20th

supdocoad6mi.jpg

A promotional poster sent to video retailers reveals that the feature-length documentary "Look, Up in the Sky: The Amazing Story of Superman" is set to receive its TV premiere on June 12, just days before it hits DVD on June 20.
The Superman Homepage has discovered that a shortened version will air on A&E in the US on June 12 (and possibly 2 other dates after that before Superman Returns is released to theaters).

Reportedly the DVD will be at BEST BUY stores exclusively with a bonus disc of behind-the-scenes Superman Returns material on June 20th for 3 months before being released to other stores.

SUPERMAN HOMEPAGE

Update

Synopsis: Here he is! It's SUPERMAN -- in an amazing, thrill-packed story of the legendary hero through the years: from comic books to cartoons to TV to movies, including awesome see-it-first, see-it-now footage of 2006's Superman Returns. Discover the Man of Steel story that's never been told with the action and excitement you expect from the mightiest of all heroes. No matter if you're a super fan or just a movie fan, this is the adventure you've been waiting for.

Street Date: 6/20/06

smallvilles5finaldy5.jpg

smallvilles5rearjc0.jpg

SMALLVILLE : The Complete Fifth Season dvd
Official Synopsis: Clark Kent now carries a full load of classes at Central Kansas U., but that's not all he carries. He carries the full weight of his - perhaps the world's - destiny. "We call this season Superman in Training," series co-creator Alfred Gough says. "Clark is going to accept his destiny." During this exciting pivotal season: The Fortress of Solitude rises. Clark faces rogue Kryptonians. Lex Luthor launches a vicious political campaign. A dark tragedy - one even Clark's powers can't prevent - strikes. These and more key elements of Superman lore fall into place. The future Man of Steel grows another year bolder in this bonus-packed Deluxe 6-Disc DVD Set.

Street Date: September 12 2006

Update

loisclarks4jb9.jpg

loisclarks4backux7.jpg

Synopsis: In their final season, they finally get married. There are a few roadblocks along the highway to marital bliss: a worlds-at-war battle with Lord Nor; an adventure-packed encounter with the Wedding Destroyer; and even wedding-night interruptus compliments of time-traveling H.G. Wells. But before or after the shoes and rice, all 22 fourth-season episodes zing with Lois & Clark's action/comedy blend.

Street Date: November 14

Special Features - Kryptonian Kronology, an interactive history of Superman hosted by Dean Cain.

Tv shows on dvd.com

Update

supermanfinalfrontwx7.jpg

supermanfinalbackvp4.jpg

Synopsis: "You can set your watch on it," JIMMY OLSEN says about SUPERMAN always showing up in the nick of time. The good news for series fans is that he shows up again and again in these 26 flights of fantasy that complete the six-season Adventures of Superman. George Reeves returns as the caped hero: stalwart, caring and with a sense of humor... a pairing of star and role that continues to win fans the world over.

Street Date: November 14

Special Features - "Superman's Pal: Jimmy Olsen" - Jack Larson celebrates his series character along with co-star Noel Neill and author/historian Jim Beaver, Gary Grossman, Michael J. Hayde and Jan Henderson.

Tv Shows On Dvd

Update

sup1dvd4discon2.jpg

Superman: The Movie (1978/2001) Four-Disc Special Edition

Synopsis: A box-office smash, an Academy Award winner and a fan favorite since it first flew into theatres in December 1978, Superman: The Movie assembles a cast and creative contingent as only a big movie can. At its heart (just as in three sequels) is Christopher Reeve's intelligent, affectionate portrayal of a most human Man of Steel. Watching Superman again isn't just like being a kid again. It's better. The movie's legacy soared even higher when director Richard Donner revisited this beloved adventure 22 years later and integrated eight minutes into the film. Enjoy more footage of the Krypton Council, a glimpse of stars of prior Superman incarnations, more of Jor-El underscoring his son's purpose on Earth and an extended sequence inside Lex Luthor's gauntlet of doom. Reeve, Marlon Brando (Jor-El), Gene Hackman (Luthor) and Margot Kidder (Lois Lane) give indelible performances that fuel the film's aura of legend.

Special Features:

Disc One
# Original 1978 theatrical version with soundtrack in Dolby Digital 5.1
# Commentary by producer Pierre Spengler and executive producer Ilya Salkind
# Theatrical trailers
# TV spot
# Languages: English & Français
# Subtitles: English, Français & Español (feature film only)

Disc Two
# 2000 expanded edition movie with commentary by director Richard Donner and creative consultant Tom Mankiewicz
# Music-only audio track
# Subtitles: English, Français, Español & Português (feature film only)

Disc Three
# Three documentaries: Taking Flight: The Development of Superman, Making Superman: Filming the Legend, The Magic Behind the Cape
# Restored scenes
# Screen tests
# Audio-only bonus: additional music cues

Disc Four
# Vintage TV special The Making of Superman: The Movie
# 1951 Movie Superman and the Mole-Men, starring George Reeves
# Nine Fleischer Studios Superman cartoons mastered from superior vault elements: Oscar? nominee Superman, The Mechanical Monsters, Billion Dollar Limited, The Arctic Giant, The Bulleteers, The Magnetic Telescope, Electric Earthquake, Volcano, Terror on the Midway

sup2dvd2discpg4.jpg

Superman II: Two-Disc Special Edition (1980)

Synopsis: "I thought the original Superman was terrific entertainment," the Chicago Sun-Times' Roger Ebert wrote, "and so I was a little startled to discover that I liked Superman II even more." Unwittingly released from Phantom Zone imprisonment, three super-powered Kryptonian criminals (Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas and Jack O'Halloran) plan to enslave Earth - just when Superman (Christopher Reeve) decides to show a more romantic side to Lois Lane (Margot Kidder). Gene Hackman (as Lex Luthor) also returns from the first film and with a top supporting cast, witty Richard Lester direction and visuals that astound and delight, Superman II saves the day any day you watch it.

Special Features :

Disc One
# Movie with commentary by executive producer Ilya Salkind and producer Pierre Spengler
# Soundtrack in Dolby Digital 5.1
# Theatrical trailer

Disc Two
# Vintage TV specials The Making of Superman II and Superman 50th Anniversary
# New featurette First Flight: The Fleischer Superman Series
# Eight Famous Studios Superman cartoons mastered from superior vault elements: Japoteurs, Showdown, Eleventh Hour, Destruction, Inc., The Mummy Strikes, Jungle Drums, The Underground World, Secret Agent

sup3dvddeluxeuv3.jpg

Superman III: Deluxe Edition (1983)

Synopsis: After Superman: The Movie's epic storytelling and Superman II's awesome battles, how could the first two hits be topped? In Superman III, meet Gus Gorman (Richard Pryor), a half-witted computer programming natural. For him a keyboard is a weapon - and Superman faces the microelectronic menace of his life. Christopher Reeve reprises his most beloved role, deepening his character's human side as Clark Kent reunites with old flame Lana Lang (Annette O'Toole) at a Smallville High class reunion. And when Superman becomes his own worst enemy after Kryptonite exposure, Reeve pulls off both roles with dazzling skill. Incredible visual effects abound - but above all it has heart, heroism and high-flying humor. All in superabundance.

Special Features :

# Commentary by executive producer Ilya Salkind and producer Pierre Spengler
# Vintage TV special The Making of Superman III
# Additional scenes
# Theatrical trailer

sup4dvddeluxeli3.jpg

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace - Deluxe Edition (1987)

Synopsis: # Christopher Reeve not only dons the title hero's cape for the fourth time but also helped develop the movie's provocative theme: nuclear disarmament. "For me, it's the most personal of the entire series," Reeve said. "It directly reflects what Superman should be, and should be doing." Superman does a lot this time around. To make the world safe for nuclear arms merchants, Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman) creates a new being to challenge the Man of Steel: the radiation-charged Nuclear Man (Mark Pillow). The two foes clash in an explosive extravaganza that sees Superman save the Statue of Liberty, plug a volcanic eruption of Mount Etna and rebuild the demolished Great Wall of China.

Special Features :

# Commentary by screenwriter Mark Rosenthal
# Additional scenes
# Theatrical trailer

Released Date: 28th November 2006For The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection

Thanks to Dvd Active.com for the Super news .

Update

serialsdvdar1.jpg

serialsdvdbackca7.jpg

"Superman: The Theatrical Serials Collection"

Synopsis: Kirk Alyn sets the heroic standard for Generations to come,protraying SUPERMAN in these fun multichapters Cliffhanger adventures. The 15-Chapter Superman (1948) spans our hero's first arrival on Earth to his alter-ego role as reporter CLARK KENT Of THE DALY PLANET (where Noel Neill protrays LOIS LANE) through his battle with sinister Spider Lady and her relativity reducer ray. Next, while the real world faced the dawn of The Nuclear Age, our caped hero faced that menace and more in the 15-part Atom Man vs. Superman (1950). Is LEX LUTHOR behind the UFO and A-Bomb that imperill Metropolis? Naah. He says he's just a simple repairman for those new devices called televisions!

Special Features :
* "Saturdays With Superman" - featurette
* excerpts from the recent documentary "Look, Up in the Sky: The Amazing Story of Superman".

Release date : November 28th

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/superman-serials.html

I would get Superman III and IV if they went with the ideas Reeve really had planned for it. Till then I am sticking with the Ultimate Superman 14 disc set. They have a picture of it out now.

I plan to get SUPERMAN:The Movie & Superman II: the Richard Donner Cut as well as Superman II- {just to see the difference}, screw Superman III [I'm not wasting my money just to see Bad Superman vs. Clark Kent battle], I might get Superman IV [just to own the last movie of Reeve as THE MAN OF STEEL].

Kal-El 8 said:
I plan to get SUPERMAN:The Movie & Superman II: the Richard Donner Cut as well as Superman II- {just to see the difference}, screw Superman III [I'm not wasting my money just to see Bad Superman vs. Clark Kent battle], I might get Superman IV [just to own the last movie of Reeve as THE MAN OF STEEL].
I can't bring myself to buy those two movies after knowing what could have been to what is. I mean if you heard or read the story plots for III and IV those movies could have bested I & II but they just couldn't get the rights to the people they wanted to use which sucks.

All-Star Superman said:
I can't bring myself to buy those two movies after knowing what could have been to what is. I mean if you heard or read the story plots for III and IV those movies could have bested I & II but they just couldn't get the rights to the people they wanted to use which sucks.

Do you have the script for III & IV ?

I know for a fact their's no way I'm getting Superman III -[It just really sucked]

As for Superman IV -[While his plan to end Nuclear War was a nobel plan, The story didn't make sense, nor did Luthor's Nuclear Man. since they used a lock from superman's hair, why didn't they just create Bizzaro, Instead of creating The Nuclear Man crap.I probably won't get this movie afterall].

No I dont have a script but from reading about what it was suppose to be about for other fan fourms it just seems like the last two movies got the raw end of the deal because of WB buying the rights to all of the DCU.

DC3.jpg

DC4.jpg

DC6.jpg

DC8.jpg

from capedwonder.com - scenes from the Donner cut of SII!

:eek: I can't wait to watch the whole movie, This scene look's awesome. Jor-El Resorting Kal-EL's powers . :super: INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kal-El 8 said:
That SIII DVD cover is terrible. I can't believe they left off Richard Pryor AND Annette O'Toole!! They were clearly second and thrid billing in Superman III.

Kal-El 8 said:
DC3.jpg

DC4.jpg

DC6.jpg

DC8.jpg

from capedwonder.com - scenes from the Donner cut of SII!

:eek: I can't wait to watch the whole movie, This scene look's awesome. Jor-El Resorting Kal-EL's powers . :super: INCREDIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just Wow. Now my question is do you have the buy the Ultimate Superman set for this movie because thats what I heard. This one will only before for that set as of right now then later sold by itself.

All-Star Superman said:
Just Wow. Now my question is do you have the buy the Ultimate Superman set for this movie because thats what I heard. This one will only before for that set as of right now then later sold by itself.

I think it's sold sepreatly . here is the Press Release

On November 28, in celebration of the year of Superman, Warner Home Video will release a host of DVDs, all starring the late Christopher Reeve in his landmark portrayal of the Man of Steel. Leading the way will be the long-awaited Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut ($24.98 SRP), directed by Donner and representing Superman II as it was originally conceived and intended to be filmed. An overwhelmingly requested title, the movie features Donner’s original footage, shot but never used before, including a never-before-seen beginning, a never-before-seen resolution, with 15 minutes of restored footage of Marlon Brando as Jor-El and much more.

Other titles to be released include Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition ($39.92 SRP) which features both the DVD debut of the 1978 theatrical version as well as the 2001 extended edition with commentary from director Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz, archival footage of additional scenes and screen tests. Richard Lester’s ever-popular Superman II will be available in a new Two-Disc Special Edition ($26.99 SRP) including a new featurette, vintage television specials and additional vault elements; and Superman III and IV Deluxe Editions ($19.97 SRP). Finally, The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection ($79.92 SRP) will be offered in an 8-disc boxed set including all the above (except Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut). We've attached detailed listings of every disc below, including the specs on Warner Home Video's release of Supergirl ($14.97 SRP) which, like the Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, will also be available separately.

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut (1980/2006)
Superman II will delight fans who, for years, have been imploring Warner Home Video via voluminous numbers of petitions, letters, phone calls and e-mails to release the Donner cut. In fact, Donner had already shot most of the Superman II footage during Superman: The Movie. But as production on the sequel continued, creative differences between the director and the film’s producers became irreconcilable and Donner left the project. Although Richard Lester was hired to finish production, he chose to make major changes to the film, leaving only vestiges of Donner’s original vision and concepts in the version of Superman II that was ultimately released to theaters. Now, nearly thirty years later, Warner Home Video is honored to grant the wishes of countless Superman fans. With this DVD release, Richard Donner has become the first director in history to be able to complete a film he left during production with nearly all his footage “in the can.” Adding back a substantial amount of that unused footage, the director has seen his original vision restored and brought to fruition. Most notably, the “Donner cut” restores the Marlon Brando role, filmed for, but not included in the final theatrical release version of Superman II. The legendary Brando’s performance as Jor-El has finally been restored in key scenes that amplify Superman lore and deepen the profound relationship between father and son.With so many other changes, large and small, including a variety of Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) schemes to unmask Clark Kent as Superman, this Superman II will prove to be an eye-opening experience and an important addition to film history.

* All new introduction by director Richard Donner
* Commentary by director Richard Donner and creative consultant Tom Mankiewicz
* New featurette Superman II: Restoring the Vision
* Additional scenes
* Subtitles: English, Français & Español (feature film only)

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/superman5.html :super:

OH WOW I love that cover for STM AWESOME OMG CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DONNER CUT!!! AAAHHHH

Donner's Superman III will be in Action Comics after their first arc :D They are going to do what Superman III was suppose to be with out Gus :(. But I must warn some of you guys if you did not like Superman Returns then these arc's might not be for you.

Does luthor want to sell land again in it?

Wesyeed said:
Does luthor want to sell land again in it?
Nope Lex stays the same as he was before but they are going to bring back the old Parasite and classic Zod not SV Zod and they are talking about killing off John Kent from what it looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"