2006 - Year Of Superman

AgentPat said:
Kal, with all due respect hon, there's two other forums for Superman Returns information over yonder. This thread should have been moved into the Super World forums; it really doesn't belong here. If folks want to know about SR box sets - or anything else SR related for that matter - there's a place for it. 'Sides, folks like these have made SV a memory. I'd venture a guess the reverse is true about SR for most users posting here, especially since S6 is less than a week away.
I agree with this whole post here but if he was going to post here I think he should have stopped with Superman IV then post the Ultimate Superman box set that comes with every movie. But yea this should go to the Super World. And your link Pat is one of the reasons why I dont post in the SR forum anymore. I miss the way the Superman forum use to be :(. I miss Casey :(

All-Star Superman said:
But to add on for you he is the US Ultimate Superman disc set. for 99.99

As fans have been hoping, Warner has also officially announced the 11/28 release of the 14-disc Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD box set (SRP $99.92). Packaged in a special tin case, the set will include the 2-disc Superman Returns: Special Edition, the 4-disc Superman: The Movie - Special Edition, the 2-disc Superman II: Special Edition, the single-disc Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, the single-disc Superman III and Superman IV DVDs, the You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman documentary, the previously-released Look Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman and a Bryan Singer's Journals Extended Edition disc featuring ALL of the director's video journals shot on the set of Superman Returns (along with 2 that have never been seen before). The case will also include a reproduction of the Superman #7 comic book, a booklet on the history of the character and a mail-in offer for all 5 Superman feature film movie posters. Here's a look at the box set's contents, all laid out for you to see...

superman14disctinopen.jpg

My wallet and I will be fighting over this one here :(

I've decided not to get this due to the fact I don't want superman III or IV. I'm only going to get

1. Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition

2. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

3. The double-disc edition of Superman Returns.

Kal-El 8 said:
I've decided not to get this due to the fact I don't want superman III or IV. I'm only going to get

1. Superman: The Movie Four Disc Special Edition

2. Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

3. The double-disc edition of Superman Returns.
I hated Superman Returns and yet, I'm going to get this set. :csad:

DVD Active doesn't allow for hotlinking images.

supermanultcollecr1pic1ef8.jpg

supermanultcollecr1pic2hq7.jpg

supermanultcollecr1pic3kp8.jpg

supermanultcollecr1pic4ic9.jpg

supermanultcollecr1pic5px4.jpg

supermanultcollecr1pic6dc0.jpg

Title: Superman: The Ultimate Collection
Released: 28th November 2006
SRP: $99.92

Further Details:
Warner Home Video has announced the fourteen-disc Superman: The Ultimate Collection which includes Superman Returns: Special Edition, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, Superman: The Movie Four-Disc Special Edition, Superman II Two-Disc Special Edition and Superman III and IV Deluxe Editions. The set also offers 20 hours of extra content, including the documentaries You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman and Look Up in the Sky! The Amazing Story of Superman and Returns director Bryan Singer’s video journal. The Ultimate box will be encased in a keepsake tin and includes a reproduction of the Superman comic book issue No. 7, a Superman overview booklet and a mail-in offer for five Superman theatrical movie posters.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/superman-the-ultimate-collection.html

I'll be happy with the Reeve Collection and SII: Donner Cut. I already have LUITS.

news on Smallville Season 5:

"The Smallville season five DVD has a similar feel and quality to the previous four releases, with one notable exception. More STUFF. Just generally more stuff. It's got more and better deleted scenes, a documentary you really, really enjoy, the best since the Lois Lane one, and just generally, it's a great presentation. It's also a similar presentation to the other four, so it's nothing incredibly new, but it's probably my favorite so far."

full review here

source:
www.supermanhomepage.com

UPDATE

Superman The Movie disc 1
Theatrical cut
Commentary track by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler
Original sound
Dolby Digital 5.1

Superman The Movie disc 2
2001 director's cut
Commentary track by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz
Music-only audio track
Dolby Digital 5.1

Superman The Movie disc 3
Taking Flight: The Development of Superman
Making Superman: Filming the Legend
The Magic Behind the Cape
Restored scenes
Screen tests
Audio-only bonus: additional music cues

Superman The Movie disc 4
Vintage TV special The Making of Superman: The Movie
1951 Movie Superman and the Mole-Men, starring George Reeves
* Nine Fleischer Studios Superman cartoons mastered from superior vault elements:
- Oscar nominee Superman
- The Mechanical Monsters
- Billion Dollar Limited
- The Arctic Giant
- The Bulleteers
- The Magnetic Telescope
- Electric Earthquake
- Volcano
- Terror on the Midway

Superman II disc 5
Theatrical cut
Commentary track by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler
Theatrical trailers
Dolby Digital 5.1

Superman II disc 6
Vintage TV special The Making of Superman II
Vintage TV Special Superman 50th Anniversary
New featurette First Flight: The Fleischer Superman Series
Eight Famous Studios Superman cartoons mastered from superior vault elements:
- Japoteurs
- Showdown
- Eleventh Hour
- Destruction, Inc.
- The Mummy Strikes
- Jungle Drums
- The Underground World
- Secret Agent

Superman II disc 7
The Donner cut
All new introduction by director Richard Donner
Commentary by director Richard Donner and creative consultant Tom Mankiewicz
New featurette Superman II: Restoring the Vision
Additional scenes
Dolby Digital 5.1

Superman III disc 8
Commentary by executive producer Ilya Salkind and producer Pierre Spengler
Vintage TV special The Making of Superman III
Additional scenes
Theatrical trailer

Superman IV disc 9
Theatrical cut
Commentary by screenwriter Mark Rosenthal
Additional scenes
Theatrical trailer

Superman Returns disc 10
Theatrical cut
Dolby Digital 5.1

Superman Returns disc 11
Requiem for Krypton: Making Superman Returns. 3hr documentary.
Deleted Scenes

You'll believe: Making of a Saga disc 12
Covering the original Superman features includes new interviews.

Look, Up in the Sky disc 13
Kevin Burns documentary - history of the character.

Bryan Singer's blogs disc 14
All the web blogs plus two never-before-seen.

http://supermancinema.co.uk/daily_planet/dvd2006/specs-14disc-set.shtml

WARNING HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD !!!!!!!!!!!

This is a preview clip of The Upcoming Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut dvd on November 28th .

In this preview clip We see How Lois Lane figuers out SUPERMAN is Clark Kent, We also see her first attempt to prove that Clark Kent is SUPERMAN

If you don't want to be spoiled do not look at this Incredible preview clip, If you want to be spoiled then click on the link Below ENJOY.

http://trailers.warnerbros.com/web/...l1_loissuspects

Kal-El 8 said:
WARNING HUGE SPOILERS AHEAD !!!!!!!!!!!

This is a preview clip of The Upcoming Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut dvd on November 28th .

In this preview clip We see How Lois Lane figuers out SUPERMAN is Clark Kent, We also see her first attempt to prove that Clark Kent is SUPERMAN

If you don't want to be spoiled do not look at this Incredible preview clip, If you want to be spoiled then click on the link Below ENJOY.

http://trailers.warnerbros.com/web/...l1_loissuspects
Great clip can't wait for the Ultimate set to come out!!!!! Allthough I am more then likely going to give away the theatrical cut of Superman: The Movie and Superman II and just keep the Donner cut of those two movies and with the empty 2 slots put Superman: TAS vol. 1 there.

see I like this a hell of alot more than the stupid the Niagara Falls version (Lester version), for one thing this more in Line with What Lois would do . For another the scene was more in line with the comics .

I can't wait to own the donner cut .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"