Best Superhero Film Ever

no just the ones who attack me for not liking it. Until we live in a fascist society I think I'll continue to express my thoughts.

Nobody attacked you. You had said you disliked SM-2. ApocolypseX said he liked it, then you chimed in again re-telling us why you disliked it.

We get it. Stop pouring your negativity on those who like a movie you dislike.

I must be dense because I don't see it. I feel like such a noob. Eh, maybe there is a link to posting a new thread?

Thanks, now if only I could help you with something... I feel in debt to you, I know its pety, but stil...

i disagree. SM2 was a huge let down for me. I almost didn't go see SM3 because of 2. The plot dragged, and honestly I would have called the movie Peter Parker.[/QUOTE]

That is why Spiderman 2 is the best superhero movie ever because it works even when Spiderman is not in costume and fighting villains. Something no other superhero movie does except the Incredibles.

spiderman is my fav superhero franchise but my favorite movie is probably batman(89)

TMNT (1990) is still the best superhero film ever, even after the recent explosion. It did what FF is trying to do now but failing: stay true to the somewhat dark source but still remain a good clean family film. Everything about the film is great, it doesn't try too hard to be anything more than it is but it isn't incredibly hokey or cheesy either. Batman Begins is a close second for me.

TMNT (90) is a good time all around. :up:
Costumes over CG!
On a random side note
I would love to see Mike Mignola do a TMNT story.

TMNT (1990) is still the best superhero film ever, even after the recent explosion. It did what FF is trying to do now but failing: stay true to the somewhat dark source but still remain a good clean family film. Everything about the film is great, it doesn't try too hard to be anything more than it is but it isn't incredibly hokey or cheesy either. Batman Begins is a close second for me.

:up: Amazing film; the original Turtles film had no right to be as good as it was. Look at all the sequels and you can see just how impressive that first film is. Somehow, somehow, it's urban and believable. The Shredder is a great, sinister, menacing figure. The action scenes are superb considering the bulky costumes. Elias Koteas is fantastic as Casey Jones, Judith Hoag is the best ever April O'Neil....

And best of all, the Turtles themselves come off as real people rather than 3D cartoon characters. That in itself is an incredible feat. The fact that Henson studios actually managed to bring the Turtles to life so convincingly still amazes me to this day.

Oh yeah, and the script has depth and deals with questions of family all the way through, whilst being 99% faithful to the original comicbooks.

And I love T.U.R.T.L.E Power!

I think that's everything.....

TMNT was awesome, even the recently released cartoon film was pretty amusing. (I had to go with my little nephew to see it which I don't regret.)

Batman Begins and Spider-Man 2 are at the top of the heap and have absolutely raised the bar for super-hero movies. I picked Batman Begins because it's the first one in a series (even though it's arguably the 5th Batman movie), and also 'cause it's so hard to do the origin story. I love EVERY SINGLE SCENE of that movie. But Spider-Man 2 absolutely captured the spirit of what a super-hero film should be, and what a Spider-Man film should be. With these two, all the other super-hero movies in the works have much more to aspire to. I wonder if the Dark Knight, or Captain America, or Iron Man will be able to match them. I'm hopeful...

Batman Begins was good, but not at the top... I'll take original TMNT over Batman Begins.

The good ones most ppl don't think of:

TMNT
The Mask
MIB

Spider-Man. I loved everything in it, and it's the only origin story of all of the superhero films that remains solid for my tastes viewing after viewing. It didn't diss the classic elements that made the character famous and took a risk with a villain who visually looks a tad ridiculous, then made the same foe one of the most enjoyable evil-doers in a film since I can remember. No flawed romance plot bogging it down, actual plot cohesion and good changes to the lore that I liked. All of that makes the first movie my favorite.

I'll disagree on the fat that Fantastic Four 2 was a poor film, I'm actually glad they introduced the Silver Surfer. But they obviously could have done better. But I tell you that neither Silver Surfer nor Galactus died...

Why is Catwoman on this? Why is Supergirl on this?!?! I'll give $10 million to the person who can convince me that Catwoman or Supergirl is even close to being the best superhero movie ever. Or even deserves to be on this list (the fact that it's a superhero movie doesn't count).

The best superhero movie IMO is Batman Begins. Spider-Man 2 is second. The first Spider-Man is third. The fourth is probably Hellboy.

Batman Begins is on my top movies in general. It's probably the most realistic take on Batman EVER. This is why other DC movies will fail in comparison with BB - because Superman, Green Lantern, etc. will never be as realistic as Batman. Batman Begins put all of Batman's gadgetry and weaponry and other paraphernalia in a real-world setting. It has a great script. It has great acting from everyone with the exception of Katie Holmes (I think Christian Bale is kind of underrated - his performance in American Psycho is amazing, and that entire movie is underrated; I was flipping through the channels and saw that Direct TV gave it 2 out of 4 stars - it certainly deserves all 4). I can watch BB over and over again and never get tired of it. It gave me a new appreciation for Batman. It's pretty true to the comics (though Ducard and Rachel Dawes are different in the comics....Ducard is a secret agent or something, and Rachel Dawes is loosely based on Rachel Caspian I believe). I simply can't find any faults to this movie besides Katie Holmes. It's an incredible movie-going experience.

And that's why I think Batman Begins is the greatest COMIC BOOK movie ever made (you can argue that Batman's not really a superhero). Personally, I don't think Batman '89 is as good as Batman Begins. It's kind of overrated IMO. Michael Keaton was a great Batman, the Joker was good, and the tone of the movie was great, but really, everything else about it was poor IMO. Say what you want, but there will never be a better Batman than Christian Bale (you guys are probably going to HATE me for saying that).

i just added those 2 as they were superherofilms, as the thread progressed i was reminded i forgot films such as The Crow, the Mask, The Rocketeer and of course good Old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Of course this is just my opinion but the best are still there such as Batman 1989 and Batman Begins.

Hellboy was ok at best, but not top 5. Superman comes before Hellboy, and Batman Begins is maybe 3rd.

poster_image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"