Best Superhero Film Ever

Honestly, I haven't seen the first Superman movie in a LOOOONG time. I really haven't seen ANY Superman movies in a long time. I think Hellboy is a pretty good adaptation of the comics....even though they did change a lot, like making Liz and HB "lovers" and adding that annoying Meyers guy. I usually like comic book movies if they're true to the comic. I mean, yeah, Spidey's got organic webs in the movie, Doc Ock was caused by fusion, etc. But the only reason they changed that for the movies was to make it more realistic. And even though it takes a lot of liberties like that, it's still true to the comics. Yeah, uh....some parts of Spider-Man 2 made me almost cry. But, y'know, it's a moving film. That's when you know you have a good comic book movie on your hands; it's true to the comics, and, uh, it's moving.

I don't really like the X-Men movies. That was a total dive from the comics. I didn't like the suits. I didn't like how they changed Stryker for the second movie. Stryker the head of Weapon X? Wtf?! At least Sam Raimi reads the goddamn comics! X3 was the worst obviously. Totally a waste of money. And I hate Colossus' American accent! He's from ****ing Mother Russia, goddamnit! Wolverine and Nightcrawler were great. But that's about it.

I hate the Incredibles. They totally ripped off the FF. Talk about un-originality! 1. They're a superhero family of four (with a 5th member, a baby, who is potentially more powerful than anyone). 2. They have someone who can stretch. 3. Someone who turns invisible. 4. Someone who can engulf theirself into flame. 5. Their main villain is someone who can control electricity (I'm not too familiar with Dr. Doom in the comics [I prefer Ultimate Fantastic Four actually, even though Doom is a descendant of friggin' Vlad the Impaler], but in the movies, he has something similar to that....the movies suck anyway though, and the first FF came out after the Incredibles....). 6. One of their first villains is a Mole Man (I think his name was Underminer in the Incredibles). 7. Their costumes are practically the same, except with different colors and a different logo. I'm sure there are many more similarities (yeah, I know, similarities are inevitable, but they practically stole from the Fantastic Four. Maybe they can do an Incredibles 2 about an alien invasion where they meet a herald who informs them that his master is coming to devour the planet (I wasn't referring to FF2, I was just saying that Silver Surfer and Galactus are a major part of the FF comics).

The Incredibles was kind of a spoof/satire though, so of course some of it mirrors other things. :huh:

Yeah but it has so much praise. I just don't think it belongs on the list. Just my opinion though.

Actually, never mind. It obviously belongs on the list; it's a superhero movie.

where's TMNT (1991)? I guess I'll vote other then.

I can't decide between The Crow, Spider-Man, The Incredibles, or Hellboy.

I liked the first Superman movie when I was kid. Then I became a cynic

Ah, man. Speaking of the Crow, I saw part of the Crow: Wicked Prayer on the Sci-Fi channel the other day. I almost threw up it was so bad. It was the part where David Boreaneaz (sp?) and Tara Reid kill Edward Furlong (that's not really a spoiler, I mean, it's in the plot description....and besides, who would want to watch that crappy movie anyways?).

Crow 4 is so hillariously bad. Dennis Hopper should never have gotten a single acting job after that, ewwww

The first Crow film is worth watching. It has a fierce look at a city not too unlike the comic book Gotham, and has a nice emotional undertone lasting from the beginning to the end that makes you want to see how they end things without it being too dreary or depressing. I don't know if I would call it a "superhero" movie as he's more of an anti-hero, but it's a good film in my estimation.

The first Crow film is worth watching. It has a fierce look at a city not too unlike the comic book Gotham, and has a nice emotional undertone lasting from the beginning to the end that makes you want to see how they end things without it being too dreary or depressing. I don't know if I would call it a "superhero" movie as he's more of an anti-hero, but it's a good film in my estimation.

I'd say he's a hero, moreso than some of the people in the poll.

He's righting the wrongs that have been dealt to him. A brittish paper described it as 'better than batman' which I think is a little too far, but definately one of the best comic book movies to date.

Shame they made 3 crappy 'sequels'...

Well guys, shame this list is too short, there are more movies worth noting. I'm to lazy to name some but you all know this. Sin City was a bad ass movie..

^^WTF was I thinking?:huh: Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man 3

Don't feel bad, NY. We were ALL thinking the same thing I'm sure...

CFE

P.S. Best Superhero film = Superman 2.

The 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie is increasing rising in my estimation on the best ever list. It's shot and executed so well that despite featuring the Turtles, Splinter, Shredder and the Foot, it's more believable and 'realistic' than a lot of other comicbook movies. The director Steve Baron and his team do their absolute best to make the movie look like it's actually happening in real life, and very few comicbook movies do that.

Spider-Man 2 seems like such a cop-out IMHO. I voted BB, but my two favorite underrated Superhero flicks are Hellboy and TMNT.

Spider-Man 2 seems like such a cop-out IMHO. I voted BB, but my two favorite underrated Superhero flicks are Hellboy and TMNT.

I like Hellboy, but it's not in the same league as Begins, Spidey 2, Superman, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"