• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2008 Comic Con

I'm all about it, Auntie. Let me know if you're going to make it.

nothing against the Last Resort but I like to hang at Mahoney's.....its far enough away from the Convention Center to not be crowded all the time....I wouldn't mind meeting some fellow Hype people....

First time going to the SDCC Quesitons

1.To anyone that has gone how much should i save up to Spend?
2.Is it really awesome there?
3.Should I Leak Watchmen or Wolverine Footage Online? :)

First time going to the SDCC Quesitons

1.To anyone that has gone how much should i save up to Spend?
2.Is it really awesome there?
3.Should I Leak Watchmen or Wolverine Footage Online? :)

1. Depends on what you want to buy....if you're into figures and collectibles, you should bring more than if you're just looking for books and graphic novels...I spent about 250 in graphic novels and my friend gave me 300 for figures that he wanted.

2. It is awesome, but its all in what you make of it.

3.*&&*^ No....the reason we all spend the money and time to go to the Con is to be the only people to see that stuff and to taunt others who didn't get to see it. Plus, in those panels, they usually have staff walking around watching for cameras and such....first you get a friendly warning, then you get the boot....OUT OF THE CON...

1. Depends on what you want to buy....if you're into figures and collectibles, you should bring more than if you're just looking for books and graphic novels...I spent about 250 in graphic novels and my friend gave me 300 for figures that he wanted.

2. It is awesome, but its all in what you make of it.

3.*&&*^ No....the reason we all spend the money and time to go to the Con is to be the only people to see that stuff and to taunt others who didn't get to see it. Plus, in those panels, they usually have staff walking around watching for cameras and such....first you get a friendly warning, then you get the boot....OUT OF THE CON...
Thanks dude so around 500-700 dollars i should bring

I'll plan on going again. Buying my pass tomorrow. Maybe I'll actually see you this time, BL.:cmad:

I'll plan on going again. Buying my pass tomorrow. Maybe I'll actually see you this time, BL.:cmad:

I look forward to it, Jack...I am actually going to be out there that Tuesday so I get a day or two of actual vacation before the Con starts. as things get closer we'll set something up and go get a beer or 12....

I look forward to it, Jack...I am actually going to be out there that Tuesday so I get a day or two of actual vacation before the Con starts. as things get closer we'll set something up and go get a beer or 12....

Dude, yes. I turn 21 in June. I hope to get there on preview night, I have to take a few days of leave to ensure I get the whole experience. Last year I was only there for Friday night(which was closed), Saturday and Sunday.

What are the best things to pick up there?

all the major collectibles and toy companies are selling stuff there...and there is always stuff that is exclusively sold at SDCC. Keep an eye on the SDCC website as they do post what figures will be available through which companies. Example...Mattel was selling an exclusive variant white Man-Bat figure...my friend gave me money to get him 2.

Maybe I'll run into a few of you folks there.

I'm pretty excited myself, this being my first Comic Con ever.

Driving all the way from Tennessee just for this, but from what i have seen in the previous years it's worth it.

all the major collectibles and toy companies are selling stuff there...and there is always stuff that is exclusively sold at SDCC. Keep an eye on the SDCC website as they do post what figures will be available through which companies. Example...Mattel was selling an exclusive variant white Man-Bat figure...my friend gave me money to get him 2.
thanks dude cant wait any longer for San Diego :up

Maybe I'll run into a few of you folks there.

I'm pretty excited myself, this being my first Comic Con ever.

Driving all the way from Tennessee just for this, but from what i have seen in the previous years it's worth it.

you're driving....god bless ya....Im in CT and I am flying from ny to san diego....

That would be awesome to go (because they are supposed to be having a huge GHOSTBUSTERS 3/the game showing) but I live all the way up here in Northern Michigan.

you are closer than I am.....I am clear across the country.....Ill try and get pictures and post them here in the photo album for those who can't attend.

I'd love to go, but alas I'm all the way over in England :(

when i went to the Heroes panel last year, i met 2 guys from australia....people travel far and wide to go to sdcc..

Aye, but I'm 17 and holding down a crap paying job, so there's no chance I'm getting out to San Diego. :woot:

It is only March/April, but in a couple of months San Diego Comic Con will be upon us. Anyone who went last year knows it was a total zoo, but I still managed to have a great time, meet some people, and get totally hammered 3 nights out of the 5 I was there. Anyone plan on going this year?

i had a blast, was my first time... totally going this year.

I'd love to go to a comic-con someday, maybe meet Jhonen Vasquez. I'd dress up, take pictures, same with anime cons. I love seeing people dressed up as characters.

yea lots of costumes in SD...not a costume person myself but i appreciate the time and effort people put into them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"