2008 Comic Con

I'm going to the SDCC, soooo excited. And uh, I'm going for free.
*Homer voice*
WOOHOO!

When I go im going as 4 differant Jokers.

Bank Robbery Joker

519568474_0c5ab9c40a.jpg

Full Costume Joker

2079985289aeca865640oin6.jpg

And the last 2 if you dont know this
Nurse Joker and Cop Joker. I put this in Spolier tages just in case some people didnt know

Yesterday was my first time at a CC. The Wizard World Chicago Con was only 45 minutes from where I live, so it was a snap getting there. I knew I arrived when I overheard a cop talking into his walkie talkie about some guy dressed head to toe in a Star Wars costume in 80 degree heat. He obviously wasnt a fan.

I was disappointed at first that there seemed to be so few artists doing sketches. There were guys at a table and two of them left as it was my turn to get a sketch. Frustrating, to say the least. I finally got one, after the guy explained to me that he only did characters that he's drawn before. That was kind of irritating, and when I asked him which ones he had done, the only character I knew was Supergirl. Not what I had in mind, but it worked for me.

I eventually found artist alley but didnt know that artists charged for the drawings. $10 for a face, $20 for a whole body and $60 if you wanted the full body colored. I was cheap and went with the head shots. One guy charged $15 for Spidey and MJ but he did a great job, so it was cool.

I honestly didnt recognise any of the artists that had drawn for me and the little Hispanic guy was no different. I was kinda irritated when he had barely started my Joker drawing when he left to go to a signing somewhere else. He offered to take my sketch book with him and to have it done in an hour when he would be back at the first booth.

After more than an hour he came back,and I had to wait in line again just to get my book back. I didnt let it bother me, because I had found out he was Angel Medina, who had worked on Sensational Spider-Man two years ago. A drawing from a genuine Spidey artist was worth the wait. He took his time getting other people's drawings doneand he talked a lot more than he drew, which frustrated me. I dont mind an artist chatting with other fans,but I didnt want to stand in line any longer than I had to.

Todd MacFarlagne stopped by to talk to Angel for a few minutes, which was pretty cool. I was never a huge MacFarlagne fan but it was pretty cool to see him in person without waiting forever in line. It was interesting that they seemed to know each other since Medina's art looks a lot like Todd's. I eventually got my book back, even though Angel forgot he had it. He found it eventually, but until then I was :wow:.

It was kinda frustrating at times ( some of the artists were clearly more interested in chatting with other people than in doing sketches, one guy even turned his back on me to talk to another guy as I stood there. I eventually got my Goblin sketch:woot: ) anda there was a LOT of waiting in line but I'm looking forward to next year. Gotta bring more money. I'm glad my dad and brother didnt go, they would have hated it. They were not especially interested when I came home, so thats why I'm going on and on here.

There was also a hot black chick in some kind of cat outfit that really didnt cover her at all. Butt and boobs hanging out all over. I wondered how she didnt get arrested.

For the horror fans.

We have confirmed rumors floating around the web this weekend that Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema plan on unveiling the first teaser trailer for their remake of Friday the 13th at this year's San Diego Comic Con, which will take place July 24-27. What does this mean for us fans? It means that if the trailer is shown at the Con it will hopefully find it's way online that weekend for all of us to check out (someone get a camera installed in your hat!) Directed by Marcus Nispel, FRIDAY will continue the legend of Jason Voorhees, his mother Pamela, while rocking his infamous "hood" and hockey mask. The film is slated for release on February 13th, 2009.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/12757

I'm dressing as comfortable as humanly possible....most likely gym shorts and tshirts....

waiting for some friends conformation.. and ill be able to buy my tickets for friday :D

my buddy co-owns and runs a comic/collectible shop so we get complimentary 4 day passes from one of his distributors

indeed you are...

so i bought a ticket for me and a friend last night.. were going friday... hoping 2 of my other friends can go... too... we should be easy to spot... im afriad one of my friends might end up dressing up... haha

indeed you are...

so i bought a ticket for me and a friend last night.. were going friday... hoping 2 of my other friends can go... too... we should be easy to spot... im afriad one of my friends might end up dressing up... haha

How so? this is the big convention of the year and a ****load of people dress up for this thing....

How so? this is the big convention of the year and a ****load of people dress up for this thing....

true.. but if it goes as planned... it will be 4 gay guys.. and one probably dressed up as god knows how flamboyant... lol... i think one of my friends has purple hair right now too.. so yeah... should be interesting

not to sound insensitive....but this is a comic convention, not Gay Pride.....

not to sound insensitive....but this is a comic convention, not Gay Pride.....

im aware of that... but the 4 of us.. who happen to be friends.. and are gay.. want to go. one has purple hair.. the other wants to dress as a revealing superhero.. (doubt he will though). :whatever:

I'll be dressed very regular as I am representing the store....tshirts and shorts, very casual and comfortable....

I'll be dressed very regular as I am representing the store....tshirts and shorts, very casual and comfortable....

o me and the other 3 will be too.. (well normal dressed) but one does typically have an interesting choice in hair color....

I was supposed to go this year but I'll have to save it for another year instead, but I originally planned to design some SHH shirts for a few of us who were planning on going to wear.

But now that I think of it, Mirko would probably sue me or something so its probably a good thing I'm not going. :csad:

I'm going with Mirko, we would have killed you on site.

You can't catch me. I'm a small Asian person and we are very swift.

Are you and Mirko going to cosplay? Because if not then you should. You'll have much more fun. You can dress up as Matt Damon.

I already have Damon's jacket from Good Will Hunting somewhere, not that it is a good thing.

I will not be at Con, unless I bribe Mirko.

You can't catch me. I'm a small Asian person and we are very swift.

Are you and Mirko going to cosplay? Because if not then you should. You'll have much more fun. You can dress up as Matt Damon.

How so? how does getting all sweatied up in an uncomfortable get-up equate to more fun?

I was being sarcastic BL.

Though I probably would have fun in cosplay. But it would have to be as a ninja. Anything other than that wouldn't be as much fun.

I'd throw real shurikens... *dreams*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"