2008 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this funny about the Pro Bowl.

The Championship team only has one submission.

* 13 selections: Dallas Cowboys
* 8 selections: New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers
* 7 selections: Minnesota Vikings
* 6 selections: Indianapolis Colts, Seattle Seahawks
* 5 selections: Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers
* 4 selections: Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins
* 3 selections: Philadelphia Eagles, Tennessee Titans
* 2 selections: Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers
* 1 selection: Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
* No selections: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Detroit Lions, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets

I find this funny about the Pro Bowl.

The Championship team only has one submission.

* 13 selections: Dallas Cowboys
* 8 selections: New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers
* 7 selections: Minnesota Vikings
* 6 selections: Indianapolis Colts, Seattle Seahawks
* 5 selections: Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers
* 4 selections: Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins
* 3 selections: Philadelphia Eagles, Tennessee Titans
* 2 selections: Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco 49ers
* 1 selection: Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
* No selections: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Detroit Lions, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets
Eli had a horrible year for the most part. Plax was good, aside from him, who else? Shockey missed time, as did Jacobs. There D Line is good, but I bet no one had outstanding #'s

Eli had a horrible year for the most part. Plax was good, aside from him, who else? Shockey missed time, as did Jacobs. There D Line is good, but I bet no one had outstanding #'s
Oh I wasn't stating how they should take the place of anyone on there just stating the irony of it.

Oh I wasn't stating how they should take the place of anyone on there just stating the irony of it.

Oh I understand, it is a bit odd. Giants peaked at the end, at the right time.

patriots: 16-0 Super Bowl Champs

Pats: 16-0

Brady: 4250 yards, 38 touchdowns
Maroney: 1325 yards on 265 carries, 5.0 ypc, 14 touchdowns
Moss: 1200 yards, 15 touchdowns
Welker: 880 yads, 7 touchdowns
Chad Jackson: 950 yards, 6 touchdowns

Thats my prediction for next season...

:indy:

What happened to your boy Maroney?

Perhaps you missed his ast 5 games, but as for last night...

Did you watch the game? Dont even try to blame him for ourpoor running games; he was getting swamred before he met the line of scrimage.

Thats my prediction for next season...

Perhaps you missed his ast 5 games, but as for last night...

Did you watch the game? Dont even try to blame him for ourpoor running games; he was getting swamred before he met the line of scrimage.

relax, The Pats line is to blame if anyone. Brady was on his back the whole game.

Pats: 16-0

Brady: 4250 yards, 38 touchdowns
Maroney: 1325 yards on 265 carries, 5.0 ypc, 14 touchdowns
Moss: 1200 yards, 15 touchdowns
Welker: 880 yads, 7 touchdowns
Chad Jackson: 950 yards, 6 touchdowns

Moss will probably be gone, I can see them missing the playoffs next year :dry: Watch out for Miami

Getting my morning fix of SportsCenter, one thing that I truly hope changes before next season is that Emmitt Smith gets fired from ESPN. Great Caesar, he's awful.

Remove Thannon Tharpe from Thee-Bee-Eth at the thame time, pleathe. :up:

jag

Who will end up with Ocho Cinco? What will his celebration be when he meets Marvin Lewis again?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tampa Bay make a run for him. Bruce Allen has stated several times that the Bucs will go after a big-time playmaker at WR, and CJ definitely fits that bill. All depends on what Cinci will be asking for him though.
If it's a first rounder then they're never going to trade him away to anybody. Have to see how low they're willing to go.

Is Colt Brennan NFL material? Could he be Tampa's future?
[/FONT][/FONT]

Tampa Bay, dammit. Not Tampa. :cmad:

And I hope not. I'd rather see the Bucs draft Eric Ainge in the third or something and work on him. He seems to be a smarter (for lack of a better word) QB than Brennan. Better at reading coverages and making adjustments and such.
Course whether he'll be as good at doing those things at the next level remains to be seen. But I personally prefer him over Colt or even Woodson.

I think the pressure of going undefeated got to New England. I believe I can safely say that if they lost one or two games in the regular season, most likely they would've won the Super Bowl without the pressure of making history on their minds.

But either way what's done is done and the Giants are the Super Bowl champions. Congrats to them and their fanbase, let's see if they can do it again next year. :yay:

As for my prediction? Of course I'm going with my Pats to go all the way again. :woot:

Giants Schedule

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina
Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota

So lets do that top five QB's of all time list....

1) Tom Brady
2) Joe Montana
3) John El... (or wait)

1) Joe Montana
2) Tom Brady
3) John Elway
4) Dan Marino
5) Johnny Unitas

That's better....

I think the pressure of going undefeated got to New England. I believe I can safely say that if they lost one or two games in the regular season, most likely they would've won the Super Bowl without the pressure of making history on their minds.

I'm sorry, but what a bunch of crap. They lost. The Giants were the better team last night. Period.

jag

You can't live in New Yawk if you aren't gonna style, son!

Yeah, now they'll all be riding his dick for the next year. :up:

jag

No kidding "OUR Superbowl Champion Coach Tom Coughlin"

TomCoughlin.jpg

Giants Schedule

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina
Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota

Watch for The Eagles next year, they will make a splash in FA this year

Maroney couldn't get going because the passing attack never got around to loosening things up for him. The Giants front 7 was kicking New England's keister all night and there was just no room. 48 passes compared to 16 rushes still seems a bit out of whack though. Usually, the Patriots can get away with that.
Emmitt Smith said:
The loss tonight and the loss today is going to hurt the Patriots for a long time.
:dry:

Loss tonight and today? The hell? There was only one flippin' game! Fire this man now. I command it!

Apparently, a few people watched the game.

Super Bowl XLII Viewership Might Be Headed Toward Record

I'm sorry, but what a bunch of crap. They lost. The Giants were the better team last night. Period.

jag

I'm not denying the Giants won at all. I'm specifically stating IF New England hadn't had the pressure of making history things most likely would've been different for them. I was very open to the possibility of them losing since they were coming to the big dance undefeated and that the media, sports experts, and fans were calling for history to be made and I think that the pressure was too much for them.

I'm not taking anything away from the Giants. They came and won the big dance, they earned it. But I do believe it would've been a different story if New England had lost a couple of games in the regular season.

But hey, that's why you play for the championships. NY was the best last night, now let's see if they can do it again next year.

I'm not denying the Giants won at all. I'm specifically stating IF New England hadn't had the pressure of making history things most likely would've been different for them. I was very open to the possibility of them losing since they were coming to the big dance undefeated and that the media, sports experts, and fans were calling for history to be made and I think that the pressure was too much for them.

I'm not taking anything away from the Giants. They came and won the big dance, they earned it. But I do believe it would've been a different story if New England had lost a couple of games in the regular season.

But hey, that's why you play for the championships. NY was the best last night, now let's see if they can do it again next year.

Yeah, still not buying it.

jag

as a Giants fan, I would like them to repeat but its tough to do that in todays NFL....and yes a lot of Giant fans wanted Elis head after week 2

Yeah, still not buying it.

jag

Your choice. I definitely think things would've turned out differently if they hadn't gone undefeated the entire season, but hey, nothing can be done about it and the New York Giants ARE the Super Bowl champs.

Unlike most fans I'm not going to claim cheating or bad officiating, NY's defense really kicked our asses without any hesitation and they earned this victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"